It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming - one of the best things you can experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lucid Dreaming means "dreaming while knowing you're dreaming". It's a skill that can be developed through training and patience. I recommend it to everyone.

I gave it up because I didn't have much time for it, but the times I experienced it, it is literally undescribable how GREAT it feels. I can't even put it into words.

www.lucidity.com... is the official website of the Lucidity Institute, an institute dedicated to the research of this state of mind.

I basically know everything there is to learning the skill, so if you have questions just ask me - but first read the FAQ at the site :-p

Peace,
Nuh

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about...about 7 years ago, I realized that I was actually dreaming, and thus could controll what was going on, have been ever since...Its great, just like a virtual reallity that you can control.
The rules of reality don't apply in the dream world.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah I remember I was talking with my Bro and he told me if you dream and look at your hands you could control your dream.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
I know what you are talking about...about 7 years ago, I realized that I was actually dreaming, and thus could controll what was going on, have been ever since...Its great, just like a virtual reallity that you can control.
The rules of reality don't apply in the dream world.

Real lucid dreaming is more than that.

By becoming fully "lucid" in a dream, your brain basically awakens fully, you are aware that you're in bed, what date it is, what you have to do when you wake up, etc etc, sometimes even solve math problems properly.

Please read the website (www.thereligioustruth.com...), it explains everything (the FAQ).

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorbidAngel2010
Yeah I remember I was talking with my Bro and he told me if you dream and look at your hands you could control your dream.

lol, its VERY FAR from it being that easy (real lucid dreaming)

trust me, ive studied it for years

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You can do more than math...When I was in high school and my last two years of middle school, I would leave my homework on the kitchen table, I would go to sleep with it on my mind...Apparently sometime during the night I would get up and do it (It was in my handwriting at least) and would have no memory what so ever of doing it...Was great though, spend sleeping hours doing homework...P.S. When I would do homework while awake, I would do two different assignments at once, math and logical problems with my left hand, creative writing and art, etc., with my right hand.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
You can do more than math...When I was in high school and my last two years of middle school, I would leave my homework on the kitchen table, I would go to sleep with it on my mind...Apparently sometime during the night I would get up and do it (It was in my handwriting at least) and would have no memory what so ever of doing it...Was great though, spend sleeping hours doing homework...P.S. When I would do homework while awake, I would do two different assignments at once, math and logical problems with my left hand, creative writing and art, etc., with my right hand.

Cool =)

But this is something else, becoming totally aware that you're lying in bed, and that the world you're in is not reality.

I might post the most effective method/practice for Lucid Dreaming tomorrow or so.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ive read about this it sounds awesome. maybe i can learn it someday

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'll write a really good but small tutorial on it. Should I make it in a new thread or right here?

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have it from time to time, but when I do I still don't have 100% control of the dream most of the time. And half of the time my subconscious takes over after a while and I forget that I'm dreaming...

But I have used the lucid dreams several times to induce out of body experiences.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Very good topic another_one.

I already tryed to control my dreams, but each times, I wake up. It seem I can't stay in my dreams while I'm aware I'm dreaming.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Some peoples say that demons and the devil have this ability...

Angels too maybe...

This mean that you are like fully awake and counciousness of what you do or say in your dream.

This ability help me many, because of the mind control experiments have a great part of "sending" and "reading" your dreams. And many time it helped me to "go out" of psycho-electronics dreams (dreams inducted in mind-control harassement attempts).

Thanks for the link, I tought that this ability never inetersted anyone, and even I tought that I was a isolate case.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
U-P,

There's a way to do that. As soon as you realize you're dreaming, spin around as fast as possible. It should keep you from waking up.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i can lucid dream sometimes, depends on what is going on in a dream, if im facing a dragon or a mythical beast i know im dreaming and begin to control it, but i still cant read words in my dreams :S

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
but i still cant read words in my dreams :S

It's because of the scriptures (Characters)...
You can read words in your dreams, but if you try to read your scripture (your style of calligraphy)...

because it's your mind who wrote the characters...
follow me ?

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've tried the spinning & the hand tricks in an attempt to take control & extend a lucid dream. It doesn't work for me. But it's still good to practice them because they help in some way to bring about obes & astral dreams later.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Unfortunetly for me the only time I have a lucid dream is when I have sleep paralysis. Sucks for me!!!!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Unfortunetly for me the only time I have a lucid dream is when I have sleep paralysis. Sucks for me!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But yeah, sleep paralysis is annoying lol. If someone doesn't know what it is - it's waking up and being unable to move or say anything. Your mind awake while your body is asleep. It's a very uncomfortable feeling but unharmful.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
sleep paralysis can also be associated with demons surrounding your bed or being abducted by aliens. Saw it on discovery channel as an explanation for some of the abduction stories.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I learned how to do it to combat chronic nightmares (used to be of falling, or nuclear holocaust). I no longer have the problem, but can still lucid dream from time to time....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join