It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail add

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

No, you have people with decades of aviation experience. Is going to take something more than ballast tests and tankers to convince us. Yet again why has no one sampled an actual contrail instead of spending the money on movies that lee.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have only two forums that I frequent,and others, I just browse by on occasion. If I have time to waste, then I frequently check the two forums looking for new threads. Unfortunately, the current chemtrail threads seem to die off rather quickly since there seems to be nothing new under the sun. That might explain why the few that seem to be on every chemtrail thread are like they are. (myself included)

It seems the conversation can be brought to a screeching halt when the chemtrail believer is asked if the truly understand the science behind contrail formation. Some of them will lie and say they do, but then in the next breath say something like chemtrail last where contrails don't. Which only shows the level of ignorance that exists.

Honestly, if there ever was to be a chemtrail issue, it would probably be ignored by most like the subject is now due to all the flat out lies, and disinformation that exists on the side of the believers. That is not the way to deal with something like this, but it's that way none the less.

I could believe it if the evidence wasn't "I have eyes to see that those are chemtrails". I don't believe there is a level of stupid that covers that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Is your view perhaps coloured by the experience you have had on your own threads?

I say that because, for all the claims (from others beside yourself) that it is the same deniers constantly "pouncing" on threads, there seems to be a disconnect in recognising that it is also usually the same believers starting those threads with the same claims that have been answered before. If the same wrong claims are repeatedly posted, it stands to reason that the same responses will follow.

I also note that threads generally turn nasty and insulting after the believers have been asked specific questions, rather than when the deniers join in.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Is your view perhaps coloured by the experience you have had on your own threads?

I say that because, for all the claims (from others beside yourself) that it is the same deniers constantly "pouncing" on threads, there seems to be a disconnect in recognising that it is also usually the same believers starting those threads with the same claims that have been answered before. If the same wrong claims are repeatedly posted, it stands to reason that the same responses will follow.

I also note that threads generally turn nasty and insulting after the believers have been asked specific questions, rather than when the deniers join in.

I agree with you that the same ideas are posted repeatedly. I had only a couple of peeps that I had to deal with on my methane threads that seemed to have an agenda. So, eventually I just ignored them because the argument became tiresome...on the other side, why do these "pouncers" continue to pounce on these same old threads with the same old arguments rather than simply become bored with it and move on? It takes serious determination to continue "pouncing" on the same individuals, wouldn't you say? Basically, some people have their beliefs and no matter how much counter-evidence you show them, nothing will change that, so why continuously show up to attack and insult them? I'm not arguing for or against chemtrails, I'm just saying... As far as my threads go, I'm proud of the research I did on methane gas and I believe I reached quite a few people regardless of the naysayers...and soon, everything I've presented and predicted will stand on its own. It becomes more difficult every day to deny that our planet isn't experiencing rapid change from methane release...which by the way, if I were to believe in chemtrails, would be my reason to believe in them...not to hurt us, but to help us by somehow helping to block out the sun's radiation or infrared, or somehow eliminate methane. Don't ask me how, I'm not the scientist and I'm not that much into it to try and figure that one out...I'm just saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
, why do these "pouncers" continue to pounce on these same old threads with the same old arguments rather than simply become bored with it and move on?

Because all it takes for ignorance to "win" is for it to not be pointed out.

It takes serious determination to continue "pouncing" on the same individuals, wouldn't you say?

no - it is trivial. the debunking is well known and simple to repeat. countering the same old stupid statements is a breeze.

Basically, some people have their beliefs and no matter how much counter-evidence you show them, nothing will change that, so why continuously show up to attack and insult them?

Debunking falsehoods is not insulting them - although they often choose to be insulted - and it is not for them that it is intended. It is intended to help stop people who haven't' fallen down the rabbit hole yet.

if I were to believe in chemtrails, would be my reason to believe in them...not to hurt us, but to help us by somehow helping to block out the sun's radiation or infrared, or somehow eliminate methane. Don't ask me how, I'm not the scientist and I'm not that much into it to try and figure that one out...I'm just saying.

Why not ask similar questions of the chemmie hoax pushers?

you re only questioning the motives of debunkers - that's pretty one sided and IMO makes me think you aren't as disinterested as you make out.

"Just asking questions" and/or "concern trolling" are common tactics of people who believe something but try to introduce it or undermine the counter viewpoint without actually saying so.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
UN Ban on Chemtrails .

The agreement, reached during the ministerial portion of the two-week meeting which included 110 environment ministers, asks governments to ensure that no geoengineering activities take place until risks to the environmental and biodiversity and associated social, cultural and economic impacts risks have been appropriately considered as well as the socio-economic impacts. The CBD secretariat was also instructed to report back on various geoengineering proposals and potential intergovernmental regulatory measures.

It seems only the ats deniers are the only ones that can't comes to terms with Chemtrails.

I have been working hard on the farm the last few days which gives me time to think. As I am not a paid member, I need to actually work for my family. I can't sit and reply all day every day like some can.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

That is a moratorium, not a ban, and it only affects geoengineering that might affect biodiversity - if you can sequester carbon or have "cool roofs" then it has no effect.

It does not mention "chemtrails" anywhere - and since there's no evidence that they exist let alone are geoengineering it can't possibly ban them!!

Here's what it really means.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
It seems only the ats deniers are the only ones that can't comes to terms with Chemtrails.

It seems the ATS chemie crowd can't read. The article deals with geoengineering. Other than the title linked, chemtrails were never mentioned. Maybe because they don't exist?

epic fail.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Despite their best efforts, "chemtrail" believers are the only people who think that geoengineering is "chemtrails", and "chemtrails" are geo-engineering. The remainder of the world realize that research and discussion is going on about geoengineering and "chemtrails" are not even real.

It's a pity that such an important, thought-provoking, global issue has been hijacked by a bunch of nutters afraid of clouds and exhaust miles over their head.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Wow. It's topical. I did a google search for "chemtrails are geoengineering" and found a link from yesterday, by a "chemtrail" site that pleads that people stop using geoengineering when they mean "chemtrails." That they are not the same, and it is doing the "chemtrail theory" a disservice. Here's a sample:

If you believe that chemtrails are the same as geoengineering programs, then I hate to say it, but you have now just become part of the problem. Not your fault though, the government is good at what they do, and they have been propagandizing the public for a century, nothing new here.
source

So even believers are agreeing with me, if for different reasons.

My quest for the start up by the "chemtrail" society using geoengineering = "chemtrails" seems to be rather recent, about the end of 2010. There is a mention of a video from 2008, (you tube SheAliens, or something like that), but I could not get the link to work first try, so didn't post it.

Fire, as one who continues to link these terms together, how has the program changed pre-geoengineering to now? Is it no longer a health risk or _________(insert favorite theory of why)? I recall around the time it happened, that it was done to help the "chemtrail" conspiracy sound more science and less crazy nutter.

I have laundry and housework to do, which is why I can comment all around the clock. It's an absolutely normal work schedule. With technology being what it is, making comments while out for a cup of coffee or waiting in a traffic jam is now the norm. It doesn't mean people have a job where all they do is sit at a computer and ask you to learn something, it means we are all connected by technology as never before. Get over the talk of shills. You only look petty.
edit on 27-6-2013 by stars15k because: clarity

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

UN Ban on Chemtrails .

Can you say "disinformation"?

Why is that article titled "UN Votes to Ban Chemtrails" when 'chemtrails' were not part of the article? Why is this blog (the "COTO Report") taking someone else's article about geoengineering and changing the headline making claims that are not supported by the article?

Here the actual article from the 'etc group'. As you can see, before the COTO Report re-posted the article and added the dishonest "Chemtrail" headline, the original headline for this article did not mention "chemtrails".

Geoengineering Moratorium at UN Ministerial in Japan

edit on 6/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

It's really starting to fall apart now. With the leaders of the conspiracy squabbling amongst themselves, GE Griffin admitting the planes are just commercial flights and criss crossing trails can be easily explained. Now this with it's extraordinary straw clutching "even Bill Gates uses the word chemtrail" with a link to an article that doesn't even have a quote from him!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It doesn't tak much determination really, once the claim has been researched and found to be false it's quite easy to repeat those findings when the claim surfaces again.

In my opinion someone who has had their claim shown to be false, but waits quietly for a few weeks before reposting it is sinister in the extreme, the only motivation I can see for such behaviour would be to rope in unwary gullible people with known lies. It is other members duty, as I said before, to guard against this. For evil to succeed it requires only that good men do nothing, as the saying goes.

Proving a claim false is surely a service, rather than an attack?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So can you explain why geoengineering means chemtrails? Because the last half dozen times you were asked you skulked off the board in silence, as liars and bull#ters tend to do.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

UN Ban on Chemtrails .

Actually it isn't.

Sorry...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have been working hard on the farm the last few days which gives me time to think. As I am not a paid member, I need to actually work for my family. I can't sit and reply all day every day like some can.

Hard work is very good for clearing the mind, or at least it is for some.

And what makes you think others don't work for their families?

What is wrong if someone is on here all day, every day?

Just wondering...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

They have met the enemy and it is them!

The more they try to organize, the more divisive they become, and their theory just kind of implodes. Especially when their experts start admitting to points of error. Next thing you know, someone will actually get smart enough to hire a plane and collect a "good" sample well, put it through testing and show their chosen "chemtrail...isn't.

And still, people will believe.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Some people fix computers for a living, and I believe it's even remotely possible that they have one online in front of them while they work.

Paranoia is a treatable condition. Seek help.
edit on 27-6-2013 by network dude because: chemtrails are fantasy.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

So can you explain why geoengineering means chemtrails? Because the last half dozen times you were asked you skulked off the board in silence, as liars and bull#ters tend to do.

Please show us the last half dozen times I were asked to explain why geoengineering means chemtrails and skulked off the board in silence, as liars and bull#ters tend to do as you say.

What a hole you guys have dug for yourselves. Like school yard bullies. The pay must be crap but you obviously don't know much else. Didn't get excepted in your youth and now you hermit away in a stinky call centre type of building laughing about how smart you all are. Sad sad sad. I almost feel sorry for you but I don't. Hope you get what's coming to you 10 fold. Actually no need to hope, you will reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

...What a hole you guys have dug for yourselves. Like school yard bullies. The pay must be crap but you obviously don't know much else.

Continuing to denounce false information being spread by the chemtrail believers (and then backing up that denouncement with facts) is not being a school yard bully.

The motto here at ATS is "Deny Ignorance", which I see as a mission statement. The ATS members pointing out false information about chemtrails here are trying to deny ignorance. Many of us hate to see misinformation being perpetuated, and people having a false understanding about the world around them. I would hate to live in a world were the majority of the population mistakenly believes that those trails in the sky are the result of evil "Powers That Be" intentionally causing them harm, when I know those lines are simply contrails.

...As member "Aloysius of Gaul" pointed out in a post above:

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Because all it takes for ignorance to "win" is for it to not be pointed out.

Back to the topic of "chemtrails" and geoengineeering:

Even if an ban were put on all geoengineering (and the ban was honored), there would STILL be white trails crisscrossing the sky, even some spreading out to form clouds. That's because those lines would be the normal contrails that have been laid down by planes since the early days of high-altitude flight.

Sure -- contrails can block some sunlight, but they are a by-product of (mostly) the airline industry, and not caused by the intentional spraying of chemicals. Heck -- I'm not sure a plane could possibly carry all of the chemicals needed to spray for miles and miles, if those trails were actually all sprayed chemicals.

edit on 6/28/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join