It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of processed American food,banned in other countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If you or your kids enjoy pre-packaged convenience foods commonly found in grocery stores across the U.S. such as Froot Loops, Swanson dinners, Mountain Dew, and frozen potato and bread products, you may think twice before purchasing them after hearing what they contain: dangerous chemicals that other countries around the globe have deemed toxic to the point that they're illegal, and companies are fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for including them in food products.

In a new book Rich Food, Poor Food, authors Mira and Jason Calton provide a list of what they term "Banned Bad Boys" - ingredients commonly used in up to 80% of all American convenience food that have been banned by other countries, with information about which countries banned each

And though it might not surprise you to hear that Olestra - commonly used in low/no-fat snack foods and known to cause serious gastrointestinal issues for those who consume it (understatement) - is on that list, having been banned in both the United Kingdom and Canada, you may be shocked to hear that Mountain Dew, Fresca and Squirt all contain brominated vegetable oil, a substance that has been banned in more than 100 countries "because it has been linked to basically every form of thyroid disease - from cancer to autoimmune diseases - known to man."

You might also be upset to hear that the food coloring used to make your kid's delicious Mac & Cheese dinner visually appealing - yellow #5 and yellow #6, namely - is made from coal tar, which among other things is an active ingredient in lice shampoo and has been linked to allergies, ADHD,

shine.yahoo.com...
edit on 6/24/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/24/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags, shortened quote Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've been studying this and this is correct. I wonder if the book addresses the reasons they are banned. Most of the banning in other countries is done because of known metabolic problems or immune system suppressing qualities of the foods and additives. I guess Americans do not have the problems with these foods, we can eat much more toxins than most Europeans without dying. In this country they target carcinogens, that is not what causes cancer. They are weakening our ability to fight cancer when it is small. Cancer is a natural part of life, it happens and then it gets destroyed. Antihistamines, certain antioxidants, and immune system suppressants are much alike. If we get too much it lowers our ability to fight cancer. If something stops apoptosis of cells, it stops the apoptosis of cancer cells also. Mutated cells need to be destroyed. Interfering with identification of bad cells causes cancer to grow.

These other countries are right you know, I am sure that they aren't getting everything right but I know that the food in this country is very unhealthy. Since this is the hand we are dealt, the majority of my research is on how to detoxify the foods and find which foods cannot be detoxified. It is extremely hard to find how to detox GMO food, I can't find any information on that.

S&F OP, I am glad you did this thread. I don't start threads anymore, I am a lousy threadmaker

edit on 24-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
my compliments to the chef
scary what they put into the food it is the one reason i would never move to the states THE FOOD .

for every sick person there are 7 people looking after them ? nice industry keeping people ill .

but it is not just the states even in the uk everything comes with aspartame added ./g.m.o. feed animals .

we are basically xxxxxd get at the staple foods /milk etc and control the herd

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Annie's doesn't add any synthetic colors never has never will! So I eat my Mac & Cheese with out the poisonous blue box. But we don't eat a lot of boxed or canned foods.

And it is Freedumb duh...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Annies Mac and cheese is really good. We buy it when when it goes on sale occasionally. I don't even know what I am tasting, I assume that the lack of added unnatural chemicals in Annies is what makes it good.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Half the countries don't want our beef or chickens either because of the unnatural things we do to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I used to eat Amys and Morning Star,but both of them are now tainted too . It's most depressing .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
why has monsanto a jewish company banned gm food in its canteens ?? it is illegal in isrehell as it is not kosher ?? mmmm
makes you think makes you think

new topics

top topics

join