It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Something I would like to share with you all in just 10 minutes that you will never regret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have found this video while surfing youtube, In just 10 minutes it changed my perception on life. Please watch and share this with everyone within your network.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How about describing what were suppose to see.

What are your thoughts on the video?

I unfortunately have to work and don't have access to videos. Care to elaborate a bit on it?

Thank You!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

I dont want to ruin the video, if you cant watch now, please save it for later

I want people to go into it expecting what they are going to see, I want them to have the same experience as myself when I clicked on it for the first time

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

I'm glad that they found some way to be distracted from the suffering of their situation. I wonder what happens when the Taliban decides that it is an immoral import from the Great Satan and must be banned.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jumadax
reply to post by FrankLY

I dont want to ruin the video, if you cant watch now, please save it for later

I want people to go into it expecting what they are going to see, I want them to have the same experience as myself when I clicked on it for the first time

This is the one time where I'm going to have to agree with that approach. Great video.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
God this video brought me to tears.

Nobody deserves war, especially children.

Kids simply want to enjoy life and experience it on their own terms, this desire is within the heart of every child.

I loved the girl's statement. "When I am skating on the streets, I can feel people questioning my right to skate. Their opinions are meaningless to me."

Peace on Earth.

edit on 24-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So, the war was worth it afterall.

I love skateboards, I really do, but it's hardly bringing Afghanistan into the 21st Century is it? Nice bit of propaganda though!!

These kids will get bored and then we'll hit them with the games consoles. They think they have it good now. Wait till they get the opportunity to blow some poor marine to bits in Call of Duty. But it's okay, they'll re-spawn in 5..4..3..2..1....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Lovely video. Sad in one respect obviously, but to see the happiness
skating is bringing to all these poor kids is lovely.
I was quite moved by that.
Thanks for posting, just shared on my FB page.
S and F.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

it gets attacked by a 12 year old suicide bomber ,about 2 years ago,killed six kids,7 including the poor little lad who blew himself up.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

This brought tears to my eyes. In such a wonderful way, anyone looking for a description, if you know what it's about before hand it will ruin the power of this video.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
**************Slight spoilers ahead***************

At 7:40 the young boy says, "My hope is that my country is led by someone who is able to bring peace."

I live in the US and have the same feeling about my country.
edit on 25-6-2013 by BeyondTheFold because: Some HTML things just don't work

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is nice to see kids learning to skate instead of learning to shoot guns.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sad reality for many kids growing up in war torn country...

F & S for find

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It makes me sad to think that there is a possibility that some of these kids are dead by now. Starving to death to the violence. That video really makes you understand how good you do have it even when all the Government around here isn't worth a $#!^. I sat there and watched that and realized no matter how bad I think I have it atleast I got a roof over my head and no fear of walking my streets. Makes me thank God that I am not there. I know I wouldn't have the strength like those young children.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks OP, As someone who skates and works as a skate instructor this made me feel good about myself.

Skateboarding is one of the most hated sports of all time. People who play "real" sports have made fun of me all my life. In some places (like Keene, NH) skating is banned on the sidewalks! I cannot tell you the number of times security and police have been called to "kick me out" and even ticket me for skating. Sometimes I even thought to myself "wow I would be better off skating in a third world country". After seeing this video, I know they have a lot bigger problems to deal with.

It is really a nice feeling to know that something you've supported against all odds is giving others hope somewhere.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Attentionwandered

As a fellow skater since the 70's I echo your thoughts,but google 'afgan skaters killed',
Sorry to put a downer on it,
Then google 'Skatistan' and send email a couple of quid....

top topics

join