It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Big Bear Lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If you search Kenneth Arnold's UFO sighting, you'll find that their were conflicting reports as to the shape of the unidentified object's; that seemed to be skipping like stones on water. As of now...I'm sticking with Arnold's description of the UFO's as being disc shape and not batwing shape.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I never made any claims about what this object is, I merely asked "What is in this webcam image," and pointed out that it bore a resemblance to the 1947 Mt. Rainier UFOs. And by making assertions about the small size the aliens would have to be if there were a craft in this image, it is you who have leapt to an insupportable conclusion.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: rephrase

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
If you search Kenneth Arnold's UFO sighting, you'll find that their were conflicting reports as to the shape of the unidentified object's; that seemed to be skipping like stones on water. As of now...I'm sticking with Arnold's description of the UFO's as being disc shape and not batwing shape.

Arnold originally described the objects' shape as "flat like a pie pan", "shaped like a pie plate", "half-moon shaped, oval in front and convex in the rear", "something like a pie plate that was cut in half with a sort of a convex triangle in the rear", or simply "saucer-like" or "like a big flat disk" (see quotes), and also described their erratic motion being "like a fish flipping in the sun" or a saucer skipped across water...Later Arnold would add that one of the objects actually resembled a crescent or flying wing.

Kenneth Arnold Description
edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think its a bird as I can only make out a wing shape with no torso or tail.

Most likely explanation is a microlight.

That is, of course, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

I think that the OP used KA's drawing of the shape, which was akin to a flying wing that was a reality of the time. The caveat to that is that it was both secret, and also unlikely that there was a squadron of them.

edit on 24-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

Doesn't look like bird. Could be a handglider but how did it get so high in the sky?.
Yes it does have the shape of the KA ufo.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
ATS Kenneth Arnold Sighting thread w/good info

Kenneth Arnold with artist's conception of one of the ufos he saw.

Notations by Arnold from his letter to the Air Force.

Diagram of a bird in flight.

Big Bear Lake image.

Birds in flight have their bodies almost parallel to the ground. The Big Bear Lake image, if a bird, more resembles a bird landing.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: correct

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
People have suggested aircraft, extra-terrestrial aircraft, hand-glider, and bird.

Why could it not be an extra-terrestrial bird, or an extra-terrestrial hand-glider?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Definitely a bird. Best guess would be a Swallow by the shape of the wings, but I don't know what wildlife is local to that area.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How far away is that bird?
How big do you reckon that bird is given the size of trees in the photo?

If it's over the ridge then it's bigger than a tree, if it's over the water its about the same size as a tree, and if it's closer then it's slightly smaller than a tree.
edit on 25-6-2013 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's a Quetzalcoatlus!

Ever since the end of 2012, they've been seen in small numbers flying around Long Beach, Compton and other inner cities of Los Angeles municipalities; just terrorizing neighborhoods and swooping up and eating all the stray dogs and hobo's.

Some local kids took a cellphone pic of one as they were out surfing in Long Beach one day... it has razor sharp talons --- you could tell from the blood that's gushing from this poor kids ankle...

This is a very serious event, and the Local News has actual footage of more of them, vandalizing, and crapping on cars, but they'd rather cover Snoop Dee Oh Double G's Junior Football team, the Rowland Heights Raiders because of ratings week.

The Mayan's knew this was gonna happen, but you all just laughed. Meanwhile, the Quetzalcoatlus bird is making its way North, then what? You guys call it a UFO? Just wait 'til one swoops up your Pit Bull or craps on your Honda Civic... you wont be laughing then, will you!

Mark my word... these guys mean business... and something tells me we're gonna see lots more of them!
edit on 6/25/2013 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join