It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priests Urge Nancy Pelosi to Condemn Abortion or Leave the Catholic Church

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You use to be Catholic, I bet. Come home, the Remnant is Roman Catholilc.

Yep. I was a Catholic Monk in France around 1600 AD. It was a wonderful life filled with good food, wine and the loving company of my "brother" monk, who I loved as David loved Jonathan.

In another life, I was part of a group of knights who helped to secretly move the Pope to a safe location, when his life was being threatened. We pretended to be insanosylum workers who were taking a new patient, who thought he was "The Pope", to a hospital. No one bothered us, but the Pope was a little irritated with our cavalier attitude toward "His Holiness"!

That's why I could never go back to the Catholic Church. It just wouldn't be the same!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

We're not under the law, we're under Christ, who became our law as it is written "cursed is he who hangs on a tree". Galatians 3 is your friend. The law is the curse of flesh. We're bound by his spirit, not by our flesh. Now, i'm not going to sit here and debate you, your mind is set and my time would be better spent giving the Gospel to squirrels and chipmunks than arguing with you.
edit on 26-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by adjensen
But we don't believe that the soul pre-exists.

I know you don't. That doesn't mean that Jesus didn't. Clearly he did.

Clearly? What is the scripture that you base that claim on? Or is it just another one of your "this is what I believe, therefore Jesus must have believed it, too" assumptions?

There is nothing in there that refers to "past lives", which is what was fabricated. It's all about the pre-existence of the soul, which no one disputes Origen believed, and which no one, no one without an agenda, that is, claims was a teaching of the orthodox church.

I took quotes directly from Origen's writings. Clearly he DID believe in the pre-existence of the soul.

You apparently didn't bother to read what I wrote -- I underlined the relevant piece for you.

In addition, I don't know why you think that if "Jesus didn't believe the unborn to be innocent souls" that somehow means that he would be in favour of the murder of unborn children.

I have no doubt that if Jesus were here today he would be in favor of modern medicine and birth control.

Modern medicine, sure. Birth control, maybe, but not in order to enable promiscuity.

Abortion? Absolutely not -- killing babies goes against everything that he ever said.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Clearly? What is the scripture that you base that claim on? Or is it just another one of your "this is what I believe, therefore Jesus must have believed it, too" assumptions?

Jesus, The Son of Man, believed in his own and John the Baptist's pre-existence.

Modern medicine, sure. Birth control, maybe, but not in order to enable promiscuity.
Abortion? Absolutely not -- killing babies goes against everything that he ever said.

Jesus never once objected to "Sotah". Since most birth control, in the event of fertilization, prevents implantation of a fertilized egg, causing the uterus to expel the egg, at what point do you see him cutting off his sanction of "ending a life"?

What of the fig tree that he withered and killed?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Yep. I was a Catholic Monk in France around 1600 AD. It was a wonderful life filled with good food, wine and the loving company of my "brother" monk, who I loved as David loved Jonathan.

In another life, I was part of a group of knights who helped to secretly move the Pope to a safe location, when his life was being threatened. We pretended to be insanosylum workers who were taking a new patient, who thought he was "The Pope", to a hospital. No one bothered us, but the Pope was a little irritated with our cavalier attitude toward "His Holiness"!

That's why I could never go back to the Catholic Church. It just wouldn't be the same!

LOL. That is your basis of knowledge? A "past life?" Sorry, but a story you made up about yourself does not count as knowledge.

Fine, I was one of Jesus' disciples in a past life and he disagrees with everything you said. He told me so over a game of hearts.
edit on 26-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Jesus, The Son of Man, believed in his own and John the Baptist's pre-existence.

There is no evidence that Jesus believed in John the Baptist's pre-existence. Nowhere in scripture does Jesus teach the pre-existence of the soul, which we know because it is not, and never has been, a teaching of the orthodox church, which is based on those texts.

Jesus never once objected to "Sotah".

As I pointed out earlier, pedophilia and killing humans for entertainment was just as legal as abortion in ancient Rome, and yet Jesus "never once objected" to them, either, rendering your claim pointless.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Tsk tsk, interjecting on a "private" conversation.

I was merely asserting Colbe's correct assumption that I was once a Catholic.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Tsk tsk, interjecting on a "private" conversation.

I was merely asserting Colbe's correct assumption that I was once a Catholic.

LOL. And a "past life" is no evidence that you were once a Catholic. You cannot assert that you know anything about being a Catholic or how the Church was run based on a fairy tale. The truth is that you were not a Catholic.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There is no evidence that Jesus believed in John the Baptist's pre-existence. Nowhere in scripture does Jesus teach the pre-existence of the soul, which we know because it is not, and never has been, a teaching of the orthodox church, which is based on those texts.

Jesus talked of his own soul's pre-exxistence.
Jesus said the John the Baptist WAS Elijah.

But I say unto you, That Eli'jah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

As I pointed out earlier, pedophilia and killing humans for entertainment was just as legal as abortion in ancient Rome, and yet Jesus "never once objected" to them, either, rendering your claim pointless.

Right. Because Jesus wasn't concerned with the workings of this world.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

edit on 26-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Typical! A Catholic dictating what my truth should or should not be.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

You asked about the teaching that those who are not Catholic may be saved. Here's a link to a portion of the Catholic Catechism:
www.scborromeo.org...

836 "All men are called to this catholic unity of the People of God. . . . And to it, in different ways, belong or are ordered: the Catholic faithful, others who believe in Christ, and finally all mankind, called by God's grace to salvation."

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

This is just a sample, I wanted to avoid overload.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Jesus is eternal, being God, so that's a given.

We've gone around on this many times, and I'm not interested in doing so again. Even in your quote there, Jesus is describing John as being the Elijah of that time, not Elijah from the past.

Jesus was not disinterested in the sufferings of the people of this world.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Windword,
Your story makes fun of God's revealed plan and more slams against the faith. Then, you share you were Catholic.

You can't go it alone. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. And remember Our Lord's promise, the gates of hell will not prevail against His Church.

Come home, you can dear sister.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Typical! A Catholic dictating what my truth should or should not be.

I'm not dictating. Just pointing out the logical fact that a fantasy does not an authority make. Truth is truth, made up stuff is still made up. LOL. You claim to be an authority on Catholicism because you have the delusion that you were a gay monk in the 1600's. Were there unicorns there too? Please let there be unicorns--they are cool.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe,

I have never been baptized Catholic, attended a Catholic Mass or catechism. I have not ever, in this life, claimed a Catholic affiliation.

I was Catholic in several of my past lives.
I shared 2 of them with you. Take it or leave it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Jesus is eternal, being God, so that's a given.

We've gone around on this many times, and I'm not interested in doing so again. Even in your quote there, Jesus is describing John as being the Elijah of that time, not Elijah from the past.

Tht's not what Jesus is quoted to have said, though. That is your interpretation. It's up for debate..

Jesus was not disinterested in the sufferings of the people of this world.

Easing the suffering of the world was not his mission.

"For you always have the poor with you; but you do not always have Me.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I'm not dictating. Just pointing out the logical fact that a fantasy does not an authority make. Truth is truth, made up stuff is still made up. LOL. You claim to be an authority on Catholicism because you have the delusion that you were a gay monk in the 1600's. Were there unicorns there too? Please let there be unicorns--they are cool.

Right...............Because the idea of reincarnation is so much crazier than a rib woman, talking snakes, virgin birth, a man rising from the dead with scores of other dead people walking around.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles,

So can we agree then that the church has evolved, and changed with the times on it's stance in some issues? These examples were not always the case within the church.

Perhaps they can embrace a little more change, lighten up a little on their stance on condoms and their own female majority who are using forbidden contraception.

Contraception and sexual education are key to cutting the abortion rate.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Right...............Because the idea of reincarnation is so much crazier than a rib woman, talking snakes, virgin birth, a man rising from the dead with scores of other dead people walking around.

I don't subscribe to those either. LOL. I know how the pyramids were built man, I was there! Yep, it was aliens!

Surely there is a radical difference between "I believe in reincarnation" and "I am an authority because of my past lives." One is a philosophical stance and the other is delusional.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Good to know that you mock all religions and personal spiritual experience equally.

Surely there is a radical difference between "I believe in reincarnation" and "I am an authority because of my past lives." One is a philosophical stance and the other is delusional.

I never claimed authority. I only claim to remember some of my past lives, as thousands of others do.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join