It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some of my Art work

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Piece 1

piece 2

piece 3

Figured I'd finally post a couple of my Pieces so the ATS community can take a look and criticize my work, I hope that you all enjoy these!

B-man

Piece 4

Piece5

Piece 6
edit on 24-6-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

That is some great work you did there my friend.
Do these works of art have any titles?

The man in your drawings is almost as mad as the skunk in your avatar image

Once again I really appreciate you sharing those with everyone here.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I don't usually title my work, I like to think that people can interpret what they are on their own if you follow what I mean. I actually did these for a veteran charity I made a series trying to capture how a homeless veteran feels, I was trying to convey the emotions of people through portraiture I wanted to cause someone to feel this way, I chose a casual younger person as these are the new generation of veterans facing this problem and thought it would be interesting to both younger and older people visually. these are all made 18" X 24" using oil paint, oil stick, and conte crayon. Thank you for your input too BTW

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
4 & 5 are my favorite! The first 2 not so much but just not my tastes. Bravo for working in a difficult (for me) medium!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ok, Brotherman. Do you do this in you basement for your own pleasure? If you do, you need to get out there ASAP. This is great work.
I've seen so much crappy art that are raking in the bucks it's ridiculous. If they can live with what they do; you will thrive brother.

link   
I also like 4 and 5 the best....great stuff...thanks for sharing with us

link   
Thanks, I edited the OP and added 3 more 2 of them are done in reverse chalk style where i take away and then add back charcoal and the one is charcoal and conte crayon

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Pretty much I have a tiny little bedroom I do my work in late at night usually all night long. Every once in awhile I will go into tiny little ghetto dive bars with a canvas and draw and paint as people come and go. I prefer to work from life but it is so hard to get subject material so I often find myself drunk and drawing from a mirror I have tons more work I can post as well if you like what I do.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'd love to see more. I was just going to say the 3 first seem to be the same subject. Then you went on to say you create from the mirror. This is a great Idea.
---
You need the make friends with a curator, I kid you not.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Heres about 17 pieces some done some not

reply to

post by XLR8R

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I have a friend that owns a gallery she has hung my work up before but I only ask as those pieces I tried to sell off for charity. I dont usually find many people that have a taste for my work because they believe that it is always dark and sad and all of that goodness. problem is, its hard to paint wild flowers at night, hard to find happy people in dive bars that give you permission to paint there, people think I owe them money if they are going to sit somewhere and let me do my thing. Happy people usually suck to paint anyways because they dont seem to have the depth that I am attracted to versus those that are struggling, I often find myself in that position, struggling. Most of the time my work doesnt garner much attention in the proper setting of fine arts gallery in the city I live in so usually I just keep my work to myself. It was actually a member Mr.Mask that inspired me to post my work on here after seeing his work on his youtube channel.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

They are all good paintings, drawings and sculpture art in the same time.

well designed and presented .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Thank you, and you keep up the good work on your oils

Piequal3s oil painting

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I always like the darker side of any art form for some reason. As a young child I used to have pretty messed up nightmares until I decided to stop fearing them and start embracing them instead. Maybe that's why I gravitate towards the dark and macabre. Anyway, I think your stuff is great and I feel it deserves recognition whether you like it or not
Well, keep it up. You have talent, don't let it go to waste.

p.s. If you want a little bit more exposure apply for a grant.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I have an idea that ive been kicking around as usual dark and borderline shocking, I tend to work as large as possible I was thinking working so large and as realistic as possible that what I am conveying is next to impossible to ignore. I have a series I was playing in with realism but I cant seem to find pictures or that portfolio mixed with the 40 some portfolios i have

LOL when i finish this one HERE I think Im going to make it my avatar

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Very nice !! You surely know how to express the essence of intense emotions.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank you, and you keep up the good work on your oils
I will try to.

And thank you for your kindness in wishes.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Artists are important, I do want to see more of your work with horses when it becomes available make sure you u2u me when you get more posted

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I do want to see more of your work with horses when it becomes available make sure you u2u me when you get more posted
I will u2u and thank you for your interest in my art.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nicely done and thanks for donating your time and talent to help other vets.

Keep up the great work and don't let anyone tell you that you are not an artist!

By the way love your bike!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join