It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration-Reform Scare Tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The scare tactics on the immigration bill moved into a higher gear on Sunday. Senator Chuck Schumer, a member of the Gang of Eight who designed the comprehensive bill now before the Senate, says that Republicans will face massive demonstrations and be politically punished if they fail to pass something similar in the House.

Source

Oh so Republicans 'will be punished by mass demonstrations' by who?

Bunch of illegals or people bused in after being bought off a typical tactic by Schumers party.

Hope they do be a then I hope ICE get's called after Schumer and his party trying to blackmail the Republicans.

Do you think Republicans get it on immigration? Because people like Lindsey Graham are saying if you don’t do something, reaching out to Hispanics, you — it might not — you might not need to run anybody for president next time, because with the demographics changing in this country, it’s going to be impossible to elect a Republican president if you don’t get substantial Hispanic support.

Yeah Schumer Republicans do get it immigration is nothing but getting voters for the left anyone need more proof?

Schumer and his party need to stop 'alienating' us instead of trying to buy votes from people from another country who don't know how full of crap Schumer and his party are.

Immigration scare tactics?

By Schumer I would agree 'Schumer if you don't pander to hispanics you will never win a presidential election'.

Sorry I for one don't think citizenship should be passed out like it was fiat currency that pretty much has the same value theseday especially to those who don't think anything of their birth citizenship to pick up and run to 'where the grass is greener' using the backdoor instead of the front door because they are above the law.

That is not what this country needs.
edit on 24-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is a typical political scare tactic. Pass our *insert bill here* or face political back lash.

Considering that illegals can't vote (or at least shouldn't be) the back lash should be minimal. Most people I know that came to the US legally don't want illegal immigrants in the country either. It is an insult to everyone who did things the right way.

Good find, Neo.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... Scare tactics pass things, it seems. Gotta go Gotta go and right now because doom comes tomorrow. Then we're told we gotta pass it to see what's in it. Oh what could possibly go wrong, when again, we know good numbers are on record as not reading it. That pretty well tells me that no one did in any way that matters and now it's another mess. A little wrapped present of "Ooops! Did we do that? ha ha ha' packed into the corners.

It’s telling that the scare tactics deployed by the proponents of comprehensive immigration reform all revolve around politics: massive rallies on the Washington Mall and an angry Hispanic electorate. In reality, it might be the folks using the scare tactics who are the ones running scared. Maybe they’re afraid that the longer their bill is debated and the more sunshine it’s exposed to, the less likely the American people are to support it.
(Op Story)

Wasn't there something about another jobs stimulus also being tossed in?? Just what we needed most. No doubt. No need to have a clean bill on this or anything. It's not that important for either side, obviously.

The thing was...I was open to supporting the whole thing as it first popped out and looked certain to pass. Doubling of agents and 350 miles more of what I've seen in extreme Southern California and Arizona. That would have worked. They had to junk it all up.... as always.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We need to pass it before we can read it.
Martial law and blood in the streets if we don't pass it. Same story, different day. When will the sheeple see through this bs? Will they ever? Do they even want to?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Chuck Schumer a member of the "gang-of-eight" is the lead Democratic sponsor for the "immigration reform bill."

He holds a dual Israeli-American citizenship. To me it appears the "immigration reform bill" is just another part of the Zionist agenda, for America. This bill only benefits corporate criminals, by providing them with an unlimited source of cheap-disposable human labor.

For example, "In new immigration deal, a big favor for Alaska"

source : washingtonexaminer.com...

Forget about human rights, forget about the environment, forget about the American people, but make damn sure you don't forget about the bottom line. Because this bill is only about kissing-up to corrupt special interest groups, and most importantly about lining a few people's pockets with lots of money, money, money!

F.T.G.

edit on 24-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Massive demonstrations if we don’t pass amnesty???

I say GOOD! We’ll have most of the illegals in one place at the same time.

I’ll charter some buses! We’ll see how well the next election goes for Dems when I drive a large portion of their political base back home.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think you all are missing the point here.

To the latino community, (you know, the ones that were born here, raised here, speak english, have jobs, and are a huge voting block.) the GOP and the right appear to not only hate the hispanic community, but outwardly don't care if they are actual citizens or not.

And that point is proved in this thread. You all seem to think that every hispanic person is in this country illegally, but none of you seem to understand that a lot of people of hispanic decent were actually born in this country.

It's a shame the GOP has turned it's back on this portion of the population. If they really embraced the latino community they would find that these people are really truly conservative and religious.

But instead, it seems that Conservatives just assume that everyone of hispanic decent is here illegally. That kind of prejudice turns people off.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yes!

The GOP Hates people for thinking they should follow the laws of this country, and use the front door sure do 'hate' people.

Yes that point was proved in this thread that the only thing GOP opposites care about is getting their votes.

Yes it is an absolute shame that the GOP doesn't pander to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes!

The GOP Hates people for thinking they should follow the laws of this country, and use the front door sure do 'hate' people.

Sure does seem like it. Seeing as how not all people of hispanic origin are here illegally.

Yes that point was proved in this thread that the only thing GOP opposites care about is getting their votes.

Those are valuable votes, it's a large percentage of the population, here legally if not outright born here and natural born citizens.

Yes it is an absolute shame that the GOP doesn't pander to them.

Yea it's a shame that the GOP has decided to alienate a large voting block of legal US Residents and US Citizens by assuming that all of them are here illegally based on nothing more than the color of their skin and the language they speak.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sure does seem like it. Seeing as how not all people of hispanic origin are here illegally.

No kidding especially as those who are born here are natural citizens so they don't need a government bill, but they are already eligible.

Those are valuable votes, it's a large percentage of the population, here legally if not outright born here and natural born citizens.

Sorry I don't view Americans as just 'voters' and try to buy them for my own political power.

Yea it's a shame that the GOP has decided to alienate a large voting block of legal US Residents and US Citizens by assuming that all of them are here illegally based on nothing more than the color of their skin and the language they speak.

Maybe the left should stop alienating us legals instead of trying to buy votes from people from another country.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep, you are missing the point.

The GOP aren't just alienating illegal immigrants, (who cannot vote) but they are also alienating US Citizens of Hispanic decent (who can vote) That's 52 million people many of whom are of legal voting age.

What do they see when they look at the platform of the GOP? Do they see a political party that has their interests at heart? Or do they see a political party that thinks that just because of their ethnic origin, they are somehow worth less than people of European origin?

Yes, the legislation does only affect those that are here illegally, but the attitude of the right towards the entire group, (here legally or not) is what the voting block sees. They see Arpaio rounding them up with reckless disregard for the constitution or the law illegally arresting US Citizens based solely on the color of their skin and the language they speak. I can assure you it doesn't sit well.

Believe me, I don't want people in this country illegally either. In fact, in another thread I postulated a really harsh way to remove these people from our country. But I am talking ONLY about the ones who are here illegally. Not the US Citizens who are here legally or even were born here.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No not missing anything.

We are a nation of laws where no one or group is above the law anyone advocating rewarding those who break the law are missing the point not because it's the right thing, but for political power.

The point is WE do not get to pick and choose what laws are to be followed they are for everyone or no one.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Illegals are above the law and other people. They get catered to at every turn. I don't think the pro amnesty people have any idea of the negative affect this will have on us.

SENATE AMNESTY BILL INCENTIVIZES EMPLOYERS TO FIRE AMERICANS AND HIRE AMNESTIED IMMIGRANTS

Under the Gang of 8’s backroom immigration deal with Senators Schumer, Corker and Hoeven, formerly illegal immigrants who are amnestied will be eligible to work, but will not be eligible for ObamaCare. Employers who would be required to pay as much as a $3,000 penalty for most employees who receive an ObamaCare healthcare “exchange” subsidy, would not have to pay the penalty if they hire amnestied immigrants.

If the immigration bill becomes law, many employers could receive incentives of hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire amnestied immigrants over American citizens. In addition, these newly legalized immigrants could work “full-time,” an advantage for companies and businesses as well, while employers could lay off or diminish to “part-time” status, American workers.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
BACKGROUND ON CORKER-HOEVEN SUBSTITUTE AMNESTY-FIRST IMMIGRATION BILL:
·
· "No border surge. Agents aren’t required until 2021. It will never happen
· No fence requirement. DHS retains discretion in the bill that preempts the call for a fence in ten years. Litigation also provides an escape hatch to never build the fence. The fence won’t happen
· Legalization for gang members and convicted criminals
· Amnesty for future visa overstays (in other words, a prospective amnesty for future illegal immigrants)
· Guaranteed welfare access for illegal immigrants
· Undermines interior enforcement, prompting ICE officers to warn: “There is no doubt that, if passed, public safety will be endangered and massive amounts of future illegal immigration—especially visa overstays—is ensured."
www.sessions.senate.gov...
And this is good for the American people????
·

edit on 25-6-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

WHY is this Administration worrying about an Immigration Bill?

WHY not worry about fixing the holes in the Border? A Plumber doesn't fix leaking pipes without turning off the water first........

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Police investigate illegal immigration protest at Kris Kobach's home.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 4:18 PM PST Updated: Jun 17, 2013 6:26 PM PST
By DeAnn Smith (KCTV)

"I was just appalled," he said. "They have a right to protect at my office or at my public places, that's fine. But they don't have the right to enter someone's private property and engage in this kind of intimidation. I have four little girls and they would have been terrified to see 200 protesters shouting at their daddy on megaphones on the front lawn."

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants who commit crimes face lesser punishment than U.S. citizens

However, as Washington Examiner columnist Byron York recently reported, “the bottom line is an immigrant could have more than three misdemeanor convictions in his background check and still qualify for legalization.”

The Gang of Eight’s bill would allow illegal immigrants who entered the country before Dec. 31, 2011, and committed up to three misdemeanor offenses including but not limited to assault, battery, identity or document fraud, tax evasion, to remain eligible for Registered Provisional Status. Meanwhile, U.S. citizens and persons who entered the country legally could incur up to $100,000 in fines,15 years of imprisonment, or be prohibited to reenter the country for up to 10 years.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Immigration Rights Activist Alleged ‘Mesh Mask Bandit’

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Hispanic leaders in North Texas are stunned that an accused serial bank robber was once one of their own. Luis Delagarza was arrested for the April robbery of a Wells Fargo Bank, but an FBI Task Force also identified him as the ‘Mesh Mask Bandit’ whose hit 19 banks since New Year’s Eve. The ‘Mesh Mask Bandit’ robbed most of his banks in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch-North Dallas area. But they are also just a few blocks away from Delagarza’s home in Farmers Branch, in a community where he made a name for himself pushing for immigration rights. His arrest has left fellow activists, such as Carlos Quintanilla, in shock.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Law?

What law!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was just looking for that info. I knew I saw it somewhere but couldn't find it. Yep, these people are above the law. I'm telling you, if enough people don't fight back against this amnesty they will be so sorry later when it's too damned late to do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

join