It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi, RimDass, sk0rpi0n, wildtimes, and anyone else I might have missed.

Ladies and gentlemen,

The first and most important thing I have to say, is THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
Your responses have been valuable, telling me things I didn't know. Discussions here almost always degenerate quickly, so I'm especially pleased that you have taken the time to explain some things to me. How else do we learn?

I have an appointment I must leave for shortly, but I'll be back to continue the discussion. I think there's enough time to make a small defense of a statement babloyi criticized: " I consider Islam unique in that I don't know of another religion with followers killing themselves and others to advance their religion, and in the name of their religion."

That was perfectly true. I didn't know of another religion which did that. And I'm not embarassed in the slightest that I didn't know about Tripura and Manmasi. You'd have to talk to hundreds of Americans before you found one that did.

But that proves my point that this can be a valuable source of knowledge, and I'm grateful to you all for providing it.

With respect,
Charles1952

<< 1   >>

join