It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Discovered In Apollo 17 Photo With Camera Aimed Directly At It??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

just to be pedantic the camera is not aimed " directly at it " - the camera lens is facing the photographer , see :

external image

thats the lens and glare hood you can see

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't know what the object is. Maybe it is a booger smear on a window or lens. But what I can ascertain from the replies to this thread, even the short ones, is that a fair number of these responses signify how limited is the human ability to think beyond what they "know." That is a form of denial at its best, a self-validation when one cannot see something (physically or ideologically) beyond what one wants to believes.

Thus, the whole purpose for the UFOs taking their sweet time in acquainting us with their presence.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yeah, I agree, for all we know it could well be a smear of some kind on the lens…

This could be an actual alien craft, but because our human eyes do not see the object as what we believe could be an alien craft we dismiss it….

Sometimes I actually believe that there could be an alien craft slap-bang in front of our noses, but we would still dismiss it as not being the real deal…

So when we do actually see a real alien craft, how will we really know if it is the real McCoy, or not?

Millions of more film/photos’ in the future could be published of so called alien craft, but who is it to say that it is the real thing or not?

Even if an alien craft was seen and there were laser beams shooting at all angles, people would still not be satisfied as to whether it was the real deal or not….

So how will we know?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nice find O.P, like people are saying though it probably is an artifact, then again it could be a UFO, who knows?! I've had this picture as my screensaver for about 3 years now, so I can't remember where I got it from:

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Still puzzles me, I'm sure that's the Vector sign in his reflection, very similar to what NASA have as their badge.

www.space-boosters.co.uk...

Also a video about the Vector symbology: www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-6-2013 by skyblueworld because: don't know how to imbed a picture.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Looks like Cheese to me......When they said the Moon was made of Cheese, i said...Yeah,..whatever dude.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It's image number AS17-136-20863:

history.nasa.gov...

It looks like some sort of spot on the print or on the negative (or part of the original film emulsion).

There are similar spots on other pictures taken at about the same time (near the same part of the film roll):

history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...

..and a little bit on this one:

history.nasa.gov...

UFO?? Am I the only one seeing a torn part or a hole in the photo, like scratch the surface of the photo and you get what is below - white paper.. what UFO, it's just physical damge on the photo, got any pics without it?

Ok after seeing the same spots in other pics, then it's not physical damage but it's again some spots or artifacts, clearly not a UFO and not part of the scenery photographed by Apollo 17. It's not in the photo, there is nothing to look at.
edit on 25-6-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, that there are giant bees on the moon?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
Has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, that there are giant bees on the moon?

Prove that there aren't.

(I figured I had to say that before someone else did)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The other day I watched a few hours of the 2013 Citizens Hearings for Disclosure and there were some interviews with militairy men and intelligence officers that kept their vow for secrecy most of their lives...until the very last moment. These men are very dedicated and honorable servicemen that do what their government ask them to do.....all for the benifit of their great country.

Can you imagine how much was, and is expected from these first Apollo astronauts? The whole world has been, and is looking at these guys. I say this because I am sure that these men have some real juicy stuff to tell if they were released from their oath. Including the late Armstrong and the still alive and kicking Michell. I believe that Michell does know a lot more....and would like to share with us but is bound to the wishes of his masters.....still.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

(Note: I embedded your picture for you in the quote)

Originally posted by skyblueworld
Nice find O.P, like people are saying though it probably is an artifact, then again it could be a UFO, who knows?! I've had this picture as my screensaver for about 3 years now, so I can't remember where I got it from:

Still puzzles me, I'm sure that's the Vector sign in his reflection, very similar to what NASA have as their badge.

www.space-boosters.co.uk...

Also a video about the Vector symbology: www.youtube.com...

I think that "Λ" could also be a scratch on the visor, or possibly an object stuck to the visor...

...if it is something stuck to the visor, I see it as possibly a fiber of some sort, which is making up the left leg of the "Λ" -- attached at the top, but free at the bottom. The right leg of the "Λ" is a reflection of the fiber.

edit on 6/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
...Can you imagine how much was, and is expected from these first Apollo astronauts? The whole world has been, and is looking at these guys. I say this because I am sure that these men have some real juicy stuff to tell if they were released from their oath. Including the late Armstrong and the still alive and kicking Michell. I believe that Michell does know a lot more....and would like to share with us but is bound to the wishes of his masters.....still.

Don't you realize this is just the magical get-out-of-reality-free card that people play when they have no evidence, when the direct eyewitnesses contradict what they WANT to believe, and so they try to twist the lack of evidence INTO 'pseudo-evidence'? It's what we used to call, in Mission Control slang, "a self-eating watermelon". And it's a prime indicator of un-self-detectable intellectual disfunction.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Anything with any shape can be labelled UFO nowdays. So ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by davethebear

It looks to me like a spot on the print.

[/quote

I agree with you. ]

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

...Can you imagine how much was, and is expected from these first Apollo astronauts? The whole world has been, and is looking at these guys. I say this because I am sure that these men have some real juicy stuff to tell if they were released from their oath. Including the late Armstrong and the still alive and kicking Michell. I believe that Michell does know a lot more....and would like to share with us but is bound to the wishes of his masters.....still.

Don't you realize this is just the magical get-out-of-reality-free card that people play when they have no evidence, when the direct eyewitnesses contradict what they WANT to believe, and so they try to twist the lack of evidence INTO 'pseudo-evidence'? It's what we used to call, in Mission Control slang, "a self-eating watermelon". And it's a prime indicator of un-self-detectable intellectual disfunction.

I think that understand what you wrote but who or what are you refering to..? Do these words of yours also indicate that you yourself is a non-ET/UFO believer?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think that understand what you wrote but who or what are you refering to..? Do these words of yours also indicate that you yourself is a non-ET/UFO believer?

I'm not Jim, but I share his sentiment...

...syaing "I believe [Edgar Mitchell] does know a lot more" is actually pure speculation based on nothing. In fact, Mitchell himself said his belief is only a personal belief, and has nothing to do with any secret knowledge he gained as an astronaut. Mitchell has said his belief is based on the existing public information at hand.

Even people who become astronauts can have a pre-existing personal belief in alien visitation, just some like people who are not astronauts believe in alien visitation.

Whether or not I think Edgar Mitchell is hiding information has nothing to do with whether or not I believe in alien visitation or in intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

For the record:

1. I believe Edgar Mitchell when he says he does NOT have any secret knowledge of aliens.
2. I believe that intelligent life almost sure exists elsewhere in the universe, probably even in our galaxy.
3. I don't have any reason to believe that alien visitation is occurring, but I don't 100% rule out the possibility. I just haven't seen good evidence (and, yes -- I've seen the evidence at hand).

edit on 6/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I was addressing the quotation at the top, where you are asserting your belief -- not reality based, but sincere -- that astronauts have a security oath that prevents them from telling the 'juicy' stuff. Even Cooper and Mitchell, ET believers, deny any such oath exists. In order to 'believe' what they are NOT saying [but what you imagine they WOULD say if they 'could'] , you have to assert they are public liars.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
if you wanna see some REAL space UFO's.. Just go to Youtube and put in STS Tether incident.. Those UFO's didn't like whatever that tether was because it was taken out from the space shuttle very very quickly. Just like Harp which is Knocked out every week.. Harp keeps there Electro magnetic field from working properly on the UFO's propulsion system..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
O.P

I looked at this photo a while ago and I'm sure this photo captured something NASA forgot to edit out.

Why is it that everyone is so quick to dismiss these anomalies.......I have seen several images with this feature and have to say I am convinced this image captured something special.

Good Job!

Lex Parsimoniae

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Don't know what it is. But I am sure it's also not Ufo. Dont ne silly like that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ya I'm not sure I can get behind this one. This looks like a development problem to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join