It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Equador considering granting Snowden Asylum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ok, I'm watching this first hand on the news. The Ecuadorian foreign minister Recardo Patino, Is considering granting Ed Snowdens' request for political asylum.

I'm having to listen and type at the same time so bear with me. The foreign minister has no information on Snowdens' whereabouts, he was believed to be on a flight from Moscow to Havana.

Like I said, this only just broke to my knowledge, so it may not be online yet. I was watching on ABC news, so you may want to check the website if anything else develops.

www.abc.net.au
edit on 24-6-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This honestly is to shameful for USA. They're making a fool of themselves in the eyes of the whole international community. I mean enough is enough. Snowden is being treated as a hero world wide, being flown in secrecy from airport to airport, country to country and the whole world watches USA as they insist that he committed treason. I mean is there any end of this?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My first reaction was "are they begging to be invaded?", then I looked up on wikipedia and found that only 40% of their economy was derived from oil exports...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
Ok, I'm watching this first hand on the news. The Ecuadorian foreign minister Recardo Patino, Is considering granting Ed Snowdens' request for political asylum.

I'm having to listen and type at the same time so bear with me. The foreign minister has no information on Snowdens' whereabouts, he was believed to be on a flight from Moscow to Havana.

Like I said, this only just broke to my knowledge, so it may not be online yet. I was watching on ABC news, so you may want to check the website if anything else develops.

www.abc.net.au
edit on 24-6-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: Grammar

Be sure to quote from sources when you can. Your link has now changed and updated, leaving nothing at all of what you originally came to share. It sounded interesting to see for exactly wording and context too. A similar thing happened to be on a non-injury plane crash last week. Always quote because they love changing the story and pretending like what used to be there, never had been.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe the OP was referring to a television broadcast, and not the written story...

Ecuador's foreign minister has questioned the treason and espionage charges against fugitive intelligence worker Edward Snowden, who has continued his globe-trotting game of cat-and-mouse with US authorities.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Ahhh... Thank you. Your link goes to the story about it vs. the OP link which dumps to the general catch-all headline page, sans anything about this. I'm trying to watch this very closely for the very strong feeling that there is a lot more to it than we're seeing and it helps for the clarity.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ah, I cant tell you how much I love this. The other poster hit the nail on the head, the US is making a fool of itself.

This guy will remain in the news for some time to come. He is untouchable now.

Now thats how you commit treason! Snowden is my new hero.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No problem

In the OP's defence there probably wasnt an actual article on the ABC website at the time he posted--it had only just finished airing on broadcast TV

EDIT: In case you didn't know, Australia's ABC is similar to the UK BBC in some respects

edit on 24-6-2013 by cartenz because: that fuking C key!!!

edit on 24-6-2013 by cartenz because: Not everyone knows Aunty!!

new topics

top topics

join