It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe set for death of 3 politicians due to stem cell therapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Probe set for death of 3 politicians due to stem cell therapy

www.philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Medical Association (PMA) will investigate the circumstances of the death of three unnamed "politicians" reportedly caused by stem-cell therapy.

Refusing to name the said "high-ranking" government officials, PMA president Leo Olarte said in a radio interview that they underwent stem-cell intervention treatment in Germany and died after a year.

"Complications (from the therapy) occurred when they returned (to Manila). They developed a late hypersensitivity or graft-versus-host reaction. They died here in the Philippines," Olarte said.

The doct
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are not many details given, nor names of who was "brave" enough to try the stem cell therapy(s) in this story, whatever they may be.

What happened was 3 anonymous Filipino politicians went to Germany to try stem cell therapy (it appears transgenic) to cure unknown ailments. (Transgenic stem cell treatments are not allowed in the Philippines.)

They came back to the Philippines from Germany after their "treatment" and subsequently died around a year later.

Hmm.. Maybe more politicians should try this treatment now that I think about it.

www.philstar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm very sad the Philippines did not become the 51st US State. At the very least an autonomous territory. I was there last month, such a beautiful country.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I'm very happy it did not become part of the USA, but a lot of Filipinos would not agree with me. I currently live in an autonomous region in the Philippines, away from the lowlands and their Spanish influences =b

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

I'm very happy it did not become part of the USA, but a lot of Filipinos would not agree with me. I currently live in an autonomous region in the Philippines, away from the lowlands and their Spanish influences =b

What benefit do you have from being 100% autonomous? Filipino people I talked to said things have become far more corrupt, and the valur of your currency is not nearly as good as it used to be.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Philippines

What benefit do you have from being 100% autonomous? Filipino people I talked to said things have become far more corrupt, and the valur of your currency is not nearly as good as it used to be.

Not to get too far off topic, but when you're in an autonomous region you don't necessarily need money because for hundreds of years the indigenous people know how to live off the land, outside of foreign influence or the need of external government telling them how to live. Most villages don't have police, but they have their family and culture that works quite well. There is also no begging or starvation unlike most of the rest of the country. There are few autonomous regions in the country, with existing indigenous populations. I'll make a thread on it sometime

When the roads have a landslide or there are problems where most people wait for the government to react, here they don't. They know they need to do the job themselves because the government will take forever if anything will happen at all.

On the corruption, yes, that has been referred to as ingrained in the culture by now. I think there is less in the Cordilleras here because there is less population, but it exists. The rest of the country has sold out long ago and most people only know corruption as their source of income imo.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Well so as to not derail the topic we can leave it at that. But I have many amazing memories of Ilocos Norte and Manila. Such a beautiful country, and I went to Pagudpud so as to see the real Philippines and avoid the tourist spots. I wish I could invite the people I met there here to stay with me in America, alas it's too difficult.

new topics

top topics

join