It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Exposed Criminals, Criminals are Going for Him Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by opethPA

What about the 3 kind of poster, "Snowden, Ignore the laws he broke! He is a hero!"

Snowden knows he broke the law. He also knows that the law of the land in the U.S. is illegitimate, so it hardly matters. That's why other countries are not cooperating with the U.S. when it comes to Snowden's extradition.
edit on 24-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Their is absolutely nothing illegitimate about the improper handling of classified information resulting in a minimum of 1 year jail time. On that violation alone he could probably receive a life sentence if they pursued consecutive vs concurrent .

Funny how that works though...

The Govt rules a law of the land illegitimate because it completes whatever equation they are working on and they should be impeached.
Snowden does it and it's ok just look the other way.

LIke I said, brainwashed or blind people on either side are scary.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

To me, the money laundering of drug cartels - which most likely goes into arms traffiking - from banks like HSBC - which have already admitted the money laundering - is the biggest, and one of the best things to come of this info.

Interpol should investigate - we know the US gov't won't.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well, the U.S. government wants to track him down to "the ends of the Earth."
My opinion on the matter is he did everyone a service.

Without him, we wouldn't even be able to talk about the legality and oversight of the N.S.A. surveillance programs. Congress wouldn't even know about it.

He did break the law (and he may or may not have depending on specific whistle-blowing rules, after all, the Obama Administration declares that it fully supports whistle-blowers), but he did it for a GOOD reason.

Check this out: Wikipedia: Whistelblower Protection Act

The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct. A federal agency violates the Whistleblower Protection Act if agency authorities take (or threaten to take) retaliatory personnel action against any employee or applicant because of disclosure of information by that employee or applicant

It sure seems to me that spying on citizens of the U.S. with questionable practices, as well as citizens of other countries, not to mention ALLY NATIONS in the E.U. and congress knowing nothing about it counts as agency misconduct.

There is a difference between breaking the law in order to manipulate and hurt people for one's own gain and what Snowden is doing. If the information Snowden leaks shows massive corruption in corporate or political offices, it is the bankers and the politicians' fault that they were so corrupt, not his.

And it is their fault if they fall.

The law is a human construct, and as in any human construct, it can be torn down. What underlying forces determine which laws stay and which go?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

If you want to talk about repercussions, on the other hand, the corruption could be so bad that if it is revealed, the entire system could collapse. Once again, that is the fault of the bankers and the politicians, but it could still hurt.

However, the corruption had to be exposed and expunged eventually in order to have a better foundation to build on. Also the surveillance had to be exposed eventually in order to be talked about in the public without people being like "No, they don't do that."

You could assume the N.S.A. follows ethical procedures when handling information, but really, everyone assumed the N.S.A. did nothing of importance except for cryptology before this, so it is a step in the right direction... or... it could be a step off a cliff.

Possibly both.

The one thing I do agree with you about is that this is probably going to have heavy economic and political fallout that I think a lot of people might not be ready for. But at the same time, it's just potential energy being used up that had to be used up eventually.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This could ripple throughout the West. As for why Hong Kong and Ecuador and Russia are helping him out?

Because they are all corrupted

Neo-colonialists have their hands red in the same body.

+ This is just an illusion to guarantee the people that truth is revealed these days.

They are playing this together. They want their nations fool and cool.
edit on 24-6-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sir Snowden needs to write a code. A reverse trigger code. If he doesn't enter a password every hour into it, it will upload everything he has to expose.

Ya know... in case he gets taken out...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'll tell you guys something though... I can't believe my friends aren't all over this. I literally listened to AM radio all day at work trying to hear any info I could.

I mean, you literally -could not- write this. George Orwell would be in awe of PRISM. An inside guy, using the very system to expose the people who use the system to spy on the world.. then he goes on the run. Now he is hasn't really been seen for atleast 16 hours since "arriving in Moscow". Assange says he's safe, who knows what's going on but I can't wait to hear breaking news about his whereabouts.

I mean, this is like the 2013 version of 1984. It's so incredibly juicy/exciting. I mean, the world is in a horrifying state right now, but Snowden is such a hero to me, it's like surreal. I wish this was just a story, it would be the best book I've ever read. But no, it's the bleak world we live in.. Haha.. I really hope he stays safe and makes the right choices. I'm cheering for him, I hope he doesn't do anything to taint everything he's done.
edit on 24-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Sir Snowden needs to write a code. A reverse trigger code. If he doesn't enter a password every hour into it, it will upload everything he has to expose.

Ya know... in case he gets taken out...

He did say that he had his bases covered with the information, I think it is in multiple hands. There would have to be a bunch of assassinations and arrests to cover this up, in international territory, the U.S. would be clearly stepping out-of-line here.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

This is a major event. Many Americans tend to be blind to what is right in front of them, unfortunately, and then wonder why things happen that they are not prepared for. Many Americans also have a "it-doesn't-affect-me why should I care" mentality when, in fact, it does affect them... so frustrating to deal with.

This situation could lead to war, or to complete economic collapse... I think of it like September 11th, 2001. When that happened, I thought no big deal, until I realized later that the single event had shaped the entire next decade.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Who are these people that stand on the hill top and claim to rule me? Don't be afraid to call them what they are.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Seeing a few people repeating that he broke the law, including the same thing in the news over and over, and by many on both sides of congress and senate, it appears as definite psyop material because of the frequency and constant emphasis of this same phrase, again and, again.

I don't agree that Snowden broke any law, because it is totally illegal for any government agency to use the classification system to hide wrongdoing and corruption, and those are the ONLY reasons the information that Snowden has leaked was classified in the first place, was to hide criminality of government employees and agencies, and to hide actual criminal and illegal activities by those currently running the show, especially Obama, and Eric Holder's Dept. of injustice. Total abuse of government processes by these people in every way possible and even imaginable, they are doing it still right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Nobody's going to jail here.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The crappy part of all this is the government will create another 911 scenario so the stupid citizens will change focus and end the curiosity into the governments snooping.

Its all textbook, right out of Gerbils propaganda doctrine

once again the bastards get away with everything

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
The crappy part of all this is the government will create another 911 scenario so the stupid citizens will change focus and end the curiosity into the governments snooping.

Its all textbook, right out of Gerbils propaganda doctrine

once again the bastards get away with everything

Yup, I was just thinking the same thing. The same morons in the MSM and the government that act like 9-11 was a caveman-sponsored piece of work are now doing everything but actually predicting another one. And THIS one will have to make the other live snuff film look like nuthin'.

Expect them to nuke some nice Midwestern city that's been minding its own business, or someplace like Portland Oregon (little Beirut, as GWB's minions used to call it) to silence the more ardent and educated protesters... and then the martial law will come out in full force, the Feinsteins of the world will be all over it saying, 'I told you so!' as if they knew there were nukes out there floating around and wow, see what happened'; even though it was their policies that proliferated the damn things in the first place; but what you won't ever see is D.C. getting attacked while Congress is in session, or those nice green hills in Virginia where all the real traitors live and work.

It will be 'OH THE HUMANITY' followed instantaneously by some boogie man group who is supposedly responsible that yesterday they knew nothing about, followed instantaneously by 'DOWN ON YOUR KNEES, HUMANITY!'

Someone up top of this thread suggested that what needs to happen to foment a real revolution and house cleansing is for the names, faces, addresses, and habits of those few 100 people responsible for the ongoing global fascist ramp-up to be collated and published. I've had this thought myself a couple thousand times; the only thing stopping me is fear, the same fear Snowden went up against, even though publishing the list should be under the same order of public informational use as the NSA is claiming what they're doing is...

Perhaps what needs to be done is a 'turnabout is fair play' protest followed by civilian enforcement; We could certainly make a list of people who were not welcome in our town, city, county or state, and let them know that if they dare to make an appearance there, they will be subject to arrest for crimes against humanity.

Then make it stick . Make THEIR movements more and more dicey and let them find out which towns and countries want them and their kind around...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
The only true whistle-blower is Snowden here. Assange and Manning blew the whistle on nothing in my opinion save underlying diplomatic dealings that have been happening since the dawn of diplomacy.

That's not quite true. I don't recall the last time "diplomatic dealings" involved systematic surveillance of the human race...

And Snowden, Manning and Assange are the only three whistleblowers you know about. There were others but they didn't leave the country, which is why you've never heard of them before.

Let me introduce to to the other NSA whistleblowers: Wiebe, Bill Binney, Thomas Drake, and Edward Loomis.

The hypocrisy is best illustrated in the case of four whistleblowers from the National Security Agency: Thomas Drake, William Binney, J. Kirk Wiebe and Edwrd Loomis. Falsely accused of leaking in 2007, they have endured years of legal harassment for exposing the waste and fraud behind a multibillion-dollar contract for a system called Trailblazer, which was supposed to “revolutionize” the way the NSA produced signals intelligence (SIGINT) in the digital age. Instead, it was canceled in 2006 and remains one of the worst failures in US intelligence history. But the money spent on this privatization scheme, like so much at the NSA, remains a state secret.

Obama's Crackdown on Whistleblowers

And John Kiriakou:

Kiriakou is three months into a 30-month sentence having pleaded guilty to disclosing the identity of an undercover CIA officer to an ABC reporter. He is one of six current or former public officials to be prosecuted by the Obama administration under the Espionage Act – twice the number of cases instigated by all previous presidents combined.

Kiriakou's letter underlines in graphic form the personal consequences of the Obama administration's aggressive assault on leakers. It comes as the attorney general, Eric Holder, is under mounting pressure following revelations that the Department of Justice secretly investigated the activities of reporters working for Associated Press and Fox News in unrelated leak investigations.

CIA Whistleblower John Kirakou shares prison experience in open letter

And Barrett Brown:

Unlike Edward Snowden or Bradley Manning, Brown is not a celebrity. But after helping expose a dirty tricks plot, he faces jail.

Brown made a splash in February 2011 by helping to uncover "Team Themis", a project by intelligence contractors retained by Bank of America to demolish the hacker society known as Anonymous and silence sympathetic journalists like Glenn Greenwald (now with the Guardian, though then with Salon). The campaign reportedly involved a menagerie of contractors: Booz Allen Hamilton, a billion-dollar intelligence industry player and Snowden's former employer; Palantir, a PayPal-inspired and -funded outfit that sells "data-mining and analysis software that maps out human social networks for counterintelligence purposes"; and HBGary Federal, an aspirant consultancy in the intelligence sector.

How Barrett Brown shone light on the murky world of security contractors

I think that just about covers it. Snowden, Manning and Assange are merely the most well-known but there are more and more waiting in the wings.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Seeing a few people repeating that he broke the law, including the same thing in the news over and over, and by many on both sides of congress and senate, it appears as definite psyop material because of the frequency and constant emphasis of this same phrase, again and, again.

Funny story - only in America. Other countries are probably going to be PISSED and hopefully their reaction is, if we don't deal with our criminal politicians and bankers, they will. Don't forget that the corrupt corporate and political leaders have not only caused people in the U.S. harm, but people in other countries, including ally nations, harm. That's not going to go over well.

We already have a cold response from Germany and Hong Kong.

Also, don't watch television... my room-mates constantly stare at the thing and do nothing else

One of my room-mates, though, Clint - he doesn't watch it either. In fact, he likes to point out the lies in advertisements and on the news :-) Did you know that thanks to Bush, Jr. they are allowed to straight-up lie on television?

Since I prefer to have an accurate assessment of my reality if at all possible, I avoid watching it.

Anyway, it's going to be hard for the U.S. to convey to the American public that the politicians, N.S.A. and bankers did nothing wrong - during a financial crisis (affecting trust in business) and a 10% congressional approval rating (meaning who is going to listen to congress, exactly? Nancy Pelosi is already being booed!).

And... not even possible to convey that to most other countries.

Without any legitimacy (don't forget, laws have to have some kind of legitimacy to have any power) in World Law anymore, the U.S. could see problems, as it already is, Hong Kong wouldn't even deal with them and just ignored Obama as if he was an annoying fly.

The senate and Obama can cry and whine all they want to about how they messed up, but the smart move would be to start owning up to their mistakes and conducting criminal investigations before someone else does i.m.o.

But really, the smart move would have been to listen and deal with things earlier on...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Snowden is working for terrorists. Not literally or directly, but he's favoring them with his disclosure.

What's more important, privacy (and the average Americans privacy is not violated with these monitoring systems) or preventing terror by monitoring those people with affiliations the average American doesn't have?

He violated the chain of command. He should have taken his concerns up the chain of command IN HOUSE, which is what he is required to do by law.

How'd that work out for others in the past?

Do you deny that We The People should have privilege to a lot of this damning information? You know it really did help wake a lot of people up to horrible stuff and that's important to know. If the government has secretly hiding technologies that seek to spy on and control it's citizens We all deserve to know.

I think Snowden knew that what he was doing would alienate him from his country. I think he's got moxy. It takes a brave man to step out risk everything for what he believes is the truth. Some good has to come from this.
edit on 24-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

He violated the chain of command. He should have taken his concerns up the chain of command IN HOUSE, which is what he is required to do by law.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Sorry. that just doesn't sound very effective. He's a hero, by the way.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Love your post.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Just to fill in some maybe missing points in this whole snowden story - There is a thread by JB4079 - I don't remember his name exactly - about Tom Donillon - who recently stepped down from the NSA, or Cia? He and his wife have been in washington d.c. for decades, under different administrations.

He skipped the country and was sitting next to Putin.

The thread is REALLY worth the read - and may - offer some clues to the backstory - or psyops - of this snowden story.

I really hope snowden is the real deal, and not another false flag kind of thing.

Please take the time to read about Tom Donillon and his wife Mary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join