It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Needs Your Help Finding Killer Asteroids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Nasa is a killer asteroid if they need my help !

Wait, asteroid or hemorrhoid ?
edit on 24-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hemorrhoid

ASTEROID sir

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
cool stuff

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Just found this in my Facebook feed:

Russian Scientist Proposes Satan Missiles to Fight Asteroid Threats

Russia can use Soviet-era SS-18 Satan heavy intercontinental ballistic missiles to destroy celestial bodies posing a threat to Earth, a Russian scientist said on Sunday, four months after a powerful meteor struck Russia’s Urals region.

“Carrier rockets created on the basis of intercontinental ballistic missiles like Voyevoda [the Soviet name of Satan missiles], which use standard liquid fuel based on hydrazine, are well-suited for fighting suddenly discovered small [space] objects,” said Sabit Saitgarayev, a senior researcher at the State Rocket Design Center in the city of Miass in the Chelyabinsk Region.

Satan missiles can be used for destroying small space objects with a diameter of up to 100 meters threatening the Earth, if the missile is equipped with the third stage. If reequipped with a booster, the missile will be able to destroy space objects five-six hours before their collision with the Earth, he said.

Full story: russianspacenews.com...

Russians are curently using similar intercontinental ballistic missiles, Topol, to launch satellites into orbit. Good peace-time use of the monsters made to kill.

edit on 24-6-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just mqake sure that if you log in to "their" network that you cover your tracks as much as possible....Once you get in there...They got you and all your info....Something tells me that this has to do with more than tracking "little" rocks in the sky !!!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuke2013

i.m doubting the theory that they,ve tracked 90% of the serious killer asteroids,i,m guessing they haven,t even scratched the surface of what they know.

typical scientists,its our theory till its disproved so do not dare question us cause we,r smarter.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Personally I think the increase in fireball sightings and the recent strike in Russia has rattled a few nerves.

Perhaps we are travelling through a region of space that has a higher concentration of loose rock floating around, and NASA are taking precautions.....time certainly seems high priority here.

I used to believe that the reason sightings have increased so much is because people are paying more attention, but I have seen a few larger fireballs myself now recently, and I have been looking up for at least a couple of decades.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the jump in reports is largely down to more people looking AND reporting, but I also think that there has been an overall increase in things hitting the atmosphere.
edit on 24/6/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Not sure if it's already been said, simple quick speculation, but the idea of this made me think of how good an excuse this is would be to develop space age weapons technology. It definitely seems to contribute to defining a "problem" in need of solving. We've been around a very long time and have survived much worse, how many meteors of this size have actually hit the earth over the billions of years of its existence? How many actually hit densely populated areas? How much time/energy/resources/money (or freedom for that matter) would be put into any solution to this besides evacuation? If given the frequency of significant events like this to humankind, would the cost of a solution truly be greater than the cost of the problem? Is this truly a problem to begin with or simply isolated events that are so statistically unlikely that they don't even merit the ounce of prevention. The first step in creating a drug is defining a disease. Fear and control. But again, just speculation.

Just to add, a very quick google brought this, and even if it's not entirely a reliable source, it's enough for me to think there will not be any realistic or feasible solution to this "problem"

S+F for bringing this to attention
edit on 24-6-2013 by DudeCuda because: S+F

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If they were serious, then the first step would be to petition congress to drop all tax on astronomy equipment purchased to be used to detect the smaller asteroids. They might even suggest subsidies or grants for universities wishing to participate.

Secondly, they would offer a prize of $1M or more for detection of an asteroid hurdling towards Earth with more than 30 days notice. (or something like that). After all the Amazing Randi offers $1M just to prove a paranormal ability! Surely NASA can offer $1M to find a confirmed city-killer?!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeCuda

well said, although im sure we already have space based weapons.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Maybe we could get lucky and one of those 40 meter rocks could hit DC!
All our problems solved in 1 second! no more law makers, no more lobbiest, no more corruption!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Just found this in my Facebook feed:

Russian Scientist Proposes Satan Missiles to Fight Asteroid Threats

Russia can use Soviet-era SS-18 Satan heavy intercontinental ballistic missiles to destroy celestial bodies posing a threat to Earth, a Russian scientist said on Sunday, four months after a powerful meteor struck Russia’s Urals region.

“Carrier rockets created on the basis of intercontinental ballistic missiles like Voyevoda [the Soviet name of Satan missiles], which use standard liquid fuel based on hydrazine, are well-suited for fighting suddenly discovered small [space] objects,” said Sabit Saitgarayev, a senior researcher at the State Rocket Design Center in the city of Miass in the Chelyabinsk Region.

Satan missiles can be used for destroying small space objects with a diameter of up to 100 meters threatening the Earth, if the missile is equipped with the third stage. If reequipped with a booster, the missile will be able to destroy space objects five-six hours before their collision with the Earth, he said.

Full story: russianspacenews.com...

Russians are curently using similar intercontinental ballistic missiles, Topol, to launch satellites into orbit. Good peace-time use of the monsters made to kill.

edit on 24-6-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Yeah there is no need for NASA - Russia will build planetary defence. Untill that we have SS-18 Satan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join