posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:28 AM
Last week, I did a crazy biological experiment on myself. Warning!! Don't try this on yourself, most plant species are toxic as food!!
For several days and each day, I ate two or three leaves of three different plants in our garden. On certain days I would eat two three leaves from
the same plant and on some days, one leaf from each of the different plant.
I could not identify the plants simply because I don't know much about plants. One thing I'm absolutely certain is that those plants are of the
inedible variety and most likely toxic.
At day 1 one of the plants induced a painful burning + stinging sensation in the mouth and throat. The other one tasted bitter and another terrible
taste that made it so unpalatable. The third tasted okay. But sufficing to say, I felt a bit dizzy and feverish for the next several minutes like
drunk or something and a bit like I want to vomit.
Day 2, Ate leaves from the plant which gave the worst effect not much change in the taste and the burning/stinging sensation in the mouth but other
symptoms were much less in effect.
Day 3 Ate leaves from one plant, and from another plant couple of hours apart all symptoms reduced significantly.
Skip to day 7 - I ate few leaves from each plant at different times of the day. This time, all negative effects are no longer manifesting!
repeated attempts to consume more leaves, before or after brushing/gargling my teeth, no change, I could eat the leaves of these plants without any
harmful effects anymore!
Is this a survival adaptation of the human body or is uncommon? I've did some research into this and found wild plant-eating animals have special
adaptation to varied plant toxins per species. No information if they can adapt to plant toxins they are not immune from before. Thanks for your
See below the plants I tested on myself for identification: