It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE:Milk Every Moment Ad on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would have checked recent threads, but I can't, because the "milk every moment" pops up on the ATS home screen every time I try to read it. Essentially, I have no access to the recent threads page, etc. I have to click through other threads to be able to get to MYATS or other controls and it's a little frustrating.

Heads up to ATS admin.

Not a good call on the advertisers part, because myself and others like me tend to boycott irritating or frustrating ads that interfere with user experience.

I understand marketing and the need, but hijacking someone's system crosses a line.

Using Mac and Safari, not sure if that's the problem or if others are having the same...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I could not, for the life of me exit that ad!! WTH? I've never experienced that on ANY site before. BAAAAD is all I have to say. Windows 8 here.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

This is still going on every time I switch pages/threads.

Wow. I'm gonna be taking a looong break from ATS for awhile. Enjoy the summer

edit on 23-6-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I had disabled ABP on ATS a couple years ago because I like the site and want it to continue, and make money to cover costs. But getting that stupid auto-play add pop up 5 times in a row accidentally mousing-over it makes me want to reconsider that stance.

Glad to see there was already a thread about it and other members feel similarly. Auto-play video ads, imho, are simply unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I know in the past ATS has made an effort to block or eliminate ads that are disruptive, so I wouldn't jump the gun until they put their thoughts into the matter.

They aren't trying to kill your experience here, it's unscrupulous marketers that do more harm then good (without realizing it because they have _____ for brains) so we shouldn't make rash decisions over it. ATS needs advertising money to maintain itself and deliver the experience it does for the user. In most cases, I try to support the advertising when it makes sense. Because of data mining, there has been plenty of cases where I was close to making a purchase, and I've clicked links on the banner because I was researching those products at the time anyhow.

Kind of reminds me of XBox, thinking they can dictate how people use their games and systems. They learned fast it wasn't going to fly. In Milk's case, it's kind of hard for me to boycott them, but.... Any other product I would make a steadfast determination to cut down or stop using completely. In the case of milk, tough, but maybe I'll switch to soy until they figure out advertising that resembles a virus is not the way to go.
edit on 24-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I cannot agree more. I'm being harassed by this advertisement every time I inadvertently move my cursor over it. It pops up, I accidentally click on it, and I'm led to another page.

It's an extremely annoying advertisement.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well of course I couldn't stay away

I didn't realize it was advertisers hijacking the page like that. I don't mind the adverts in the separate boxes, but to not be able to do anything 5 times in a row was BAAD.

Seems fine today though.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
no problems here.

ubuntu/chrome

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If you use Firefox, there is a add-on called "Ghostery"... works great at blocking any and all trackers and halts re-directs. Good stuff. The really annoying ads like that are usually re-directs.
edit on 24-6-2013 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
If you use Firefox, there is a add-on called "Ghostery"... works great at blocking any and all trackers and halts re-directs. Good stuff.

Isn't using such things against the T's&C's?

Rev

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Originally posted by madmac5150
If you use Firefox, there is a add-on called "Ghostery"... works great at blocking any and all trackers and halts re-directs. Good stuff.

Isn't using such things against the T's&C's?

Rev

Not as far as I am aware of. In fact, when I posted my response, it blocked a redirect from "AdJuggler" at 64.237.104.20
I can even tell you what trackers are being used:

Google+1
Google Analytics
Gorilla Nation
Quantcast

All blocked on my end.
edit on 24-6-2013 by madmac5150 because: My cat does not control me

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not able to see this ad. Are those seeing it from a different region other than the US?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm not able to see this ad. Are those seeing it from a different region other than the US?

Canada.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Not seeing it at all either. The above mentioned IP is for a video game ad...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Google chrome + Adblock!
Even on youtube you'll never see an ad again.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This is the ad that is coming up, but it seems to do it without scrolling over the ad, it just pops up on my screen. (However, I haven't seen it since the day I made this thread.)

milkeverymoment.ca...

When you click the x out of the automated video, it was just continuing to pop up.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am also getting the milk ad, also in Canada. Annoying would be an understatement.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I dont get the milk ad but those autoplay ads get really annoying I used to leave this site up on my net tabs and minimize my net before my cpu goes to sleep then in the middle of the night my computer starts talking to me
i turn it on and low and behold its the ad on the home page playing when it damn well pleases even while my cpu is supposed to be asleep now i just close ATS out and use my cc cleaner

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just drink the milk and they will quit bothering you.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I wonder if you found and used a free VNP service out of Canada if you would be able to view the ad then. Might be worth looking into so you can see it as these guys see it.

new topics

top topics

join