It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Feels Hotter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The sun burns my skin in half the time that it used to, and I can't be out in the sun without shades on either or my eyes start to hurt. The light intensity is just too harsh now.

It definitely seems more intense to me in the past 5+ years or so. I'm thinking either our atmosphere is thinning, or the sun is pumping more output ?

It's not just you... I've been mentioning the same thing to people and they all look at me like I'm nuts too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
An increase in radiation levels in the atmosphere have thyroid problems on the rise and uv rays will make you feel hotter and sick from the sun if you have such a condition... go get it checked just a thought...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you either completely missed the point of Phages' post or simply misunderstood it when Phage said;

You know that UV radiation doesn't make you feel hot, right? But you also know that the UV index is not based on measurements of UV radiation, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

It definitely seems more intense to me in the past 5+ years or so. I'm thinking either our atmosphere is thinning, or the sun is pumping more output ?
It's okay you shouldn't be worried very much about it,it's just the training and rehearsal before Hell.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure someone posted a thread almost identical to this the same time last year? Funny that... beginning of summer and all.

The sun isn't hotter, but sometimes it might feel that way. It is a lot to do with the air temperature and wind/ lack of. etc. If it is a perfectly clear day with little to no wind, you will feel the sun heating your skin in less than a minute if you are still. If it is the first time you have experienced it in several months than your skin won't be used to it and it will feel as though the sun is hotter than usual.

I would put money on us not being any closer to the sun or it being any hotter than usual. Still... there will be those that disagree!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i can remember a study which was on t.v saying that since the last 50 years the sunlight hitting the ground was down by 40 or so percent i think it was some jewish scientist ???? .

on the days of 9-11 without all the planes in the air the sun was a lot stronger and i have also noticed i burn quicker now
which does not make sense when you think about it ??

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
i can remember a study which was on t.v saying that since the last 50 years the sunlight hitting the ground was down by 40 or so percent i think it was some jewish scientist ???? .

on the days of 9-11 without all the planes in the air the sun was a lot stronger and i have also noticed i burn quicker now

A failed attempt at trying to cleverly and subliminally get people to assume a link with chemtrails without actually saying it? Nice try but you have been EXPOSED!
edit on 24-6-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ronnie6657
Is it just me or does the sun feel hotter to the skin than usual? Even when temps are fairly cool, the sun is so intense to the skin. It isn't so much the heat as it is a noticable burning feeling on exposed skin. Anyone else feel this?
Yes I noticed this a few months ago. Even when it was cool, the suns rays felt very strong. I think there was another thread on this.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If I'm unlucky enough to be without shade, it feels like the sun is practically sitting right on top of my head. The rays are that strong. It's not because it's summer either, it's like this during the winter too. That's why when I take walks during that season, I go with minimal layers of clothing. Otherwise the direct sunlight will make me so hot even though there's a chill wind blowing.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by billdadobbie

A failed attempt at trying to cleverly and subliminally get people to assume a link with chemtrails without actually saying it? Nice try but you have been EXPOSED!
edit on 24-6-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)
exposed who do you think i am good old dave 2 no just what my failing memory can remember
it was on the tv that bit about how the temp rose just after 9-11 with the no fly ban you do realise how many planes are in the air at one time world wide

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Being born a Ginger Kid, i can say by my calculations it IS getting more burny out there....and the light hurts my eyes far quicker than it used to....im forever squinting in the sunlight now....or even on "bright days" one with mixed clouds....
Scientifically its impossible though...so must be wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am curious OP whether you believe it is more likely that sun has physically gotten hotter or the earth is not able to reflect more of the suns energy. Or that you like many others who post this exact same thread Every Year are more sensitive because we spend more time indoors and out of direct sunlight.

I will await your answer.

Oh and while we are waiting here are some more from past years where sun is different 2009, Dude is it getting hotter? 2012, and May of last year...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As a kid 40 odd years ago I could play in the sun all day without being burned to a crisp, 30 minutes in the sun now and I turn red.
I dont believe in global warming but the sun bites harder now than ever before.
Something has changed
SPF 40 for me
SW australia

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Well, thanks for telling me what I do and do not read with my own eyes...but I do believe his reply was to me and mine to him. I appreciate the attempt to interpret English for me anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

i read a piece in nexus magazine about sun cream that made me wonder if they are so good why is skin cancer going through the roof

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You're not crazy OP. The sun definitely feels hotter than it did 20-30 years ago.

It's also more of a white light now, as opposed to the yellow I remember.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It could just be that many of us have been spoiled with air-conditioning for far too long, thus making life in a non-air-conditioned environment feel "hotter" when compared to the past where A/C cooling was not as prevalent.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

Lived her near 20 years and this is a new thing.

My eyes hurt all the time, my husband had to buy better sunglasses because he can't stnd how his eyes feel.

An interesting thing I have to wonder about. My husband was working outside a week ago and came home with his back in pain, he was burned even though he had his shirt on...we are at sea level.

Yesterday I found my legs are reddish brown and my feet white after a long day out in the sun with long pants on, it was not hot here but the sun did burn my arms, so it also is burning through our clothes, that has never happened here before.

In the middle of the day we had "contrails" appearing in a grid formation you can see part of it here. The nearest flight paths are no where near us and this is something we don't see here, so maybe there is a problem, holes opening some form of particles they are trying to block. Why are people scared to contemplate that something like this may be the case?

In a couple hours after the trails in the sky it clouded over completely.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
As a kid 40 odd years ago I could play in the sun all day without being burned to a crisp, 30 minutes in the sun now and I turn red.
I dont believe in global warming but the sun bites harder now than ever before.
Something has changed
SPF 40 for me
SW australia

You mention something has changed...
So you spend as much time in the sun as you do when you were a kid?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd say the sun has been a bit intense just recently....Yes.
You know that UV radiation doesn't make you feel hot, right?

But you also know that the UV index is not based on measurements of UV radiation, right?
www.epa.gov...

edit on 6/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Whatever it is based on the results are the higher the index the worse off you are out in it.

You do feel "hot" when you are burned. Whether UVA-B are the cause of the change in how the sun feels on the skin and eyes...I have no idea.

Seems even the experts get confused.

Our understanding of exactly what kinds of damage each causes to the skin, and how best to protect ourselves, seems to shift every year as new research comes out. For example, it was once thought that only UVB was of concern, but we keep learning more and more about the damage caused by UVA

www.skincancer.org...

What about Ozone holes? This is a good article here.

The range of certain or possible health impacts of stratospheric ozone depletion are listed in Table 8.1, with a summary evaluation of the evidence implicating UVR in their causation.

The chart below this sentence on the webpage is not copyable but should be looked at by anyone interested in the problem.

www.who.int...

Scientists expect the combined effect of recent stratospheric ozone depletion and its continuation over the next 1-2 decades to be (via the cumulation of additional UVB exposure), an increase in skin cancer incidence in fair-skinned populations living at mid to high latitudes (3).

Things are changing in the atmosphere, does that make the sun seem whiter, hotter?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join