It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECO-REVOLUTION: GMO Crops TORCHED in America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

To make themselves a tiny percent of the gross sales, the execs create a lot of problems. Their salaries and benefits wouldn't compensate many people. This is the case in most corrupt organizations. The millions the execs make are nothing compared to the billions that are generated. It is wholly corrupted society that is the problem. Everyone is believing a lie and not many people want to challenge the lie in the event that it may negatively effect their lifestyle. Doesn't sickness and the cost of medical treatment and insurance premiums also effect your lifestyle? People aren't very smart. For the short present time they cause a lot of pain in their future. They then do not want to say they erred in judgement when they ate the poison. I erred, I paid my price. I believed the lies they told me thinking that there were agencies in this country that had people as honest as I running them. I was a fool, no more am I going to blindly trust those who are supposed to be looking out for our well being. I am not paranoid, I just understand people.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What can i say, fire it away!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I just moved to Eugene Oregon last year, and GMO is a huge issue here, both for farmer who grow the plants all throughout the Wilamett valley which surrounds us and for the opposition. Unfortunately my concerns have always lied in other directions and I'm just now beginning to realize what kind of problems this issue is causing for parties on either side of the fence. Im not sure which side I find myself on. On paper genetically modified crops sounds like a great idea and im all about scientific progress but I know that scientific "progress" is not always too progressive. So I see where both sides of the issue lie, but I need to do more research on the subject before I can form my own opinion. some great debate in here though. I made it about 6 pages in before I gave up, but ill come back when im armed with a little more info on the subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by azureskys

No-matter there must be a better way to make a point. Destroying anyones property is just plain wrong.

Two words: Branch Davidian.

Burning people to death and destroying their property is just plain wrong. Did anyone go to jail for it? No, the "crime" was blamed on the victims.

This is why there will be no revolution in this country, peaceful or otherwise. People overlook the government's crimes, but each other's far less destructive crimes? NO WAY JOSE. Bookim danl.

Yep, spot on. People in these Western cities are so conditioned nowadays that they police themselves, and expect the government officials are doing the same.

For example, try to light a cigarette in a public place that has banned public smoking. You will probably have multiple persons telling you to put it out because it's banned, and some threatening to call the police if they haven't already.

.. Meanwhile monthly "Quantitative Easing" (where do bankers come up their terms, over a bottle of booze?) are leeching the public (through their taxes), ensuring their grandchildren will be born into debt, slaving away to indirectly pay back the banks for their failures.

I don't think there will be any Euro style revolution in the USA, people are too busy policing themselves and being distracted by television etc. I am a bit surprised that these plants were manually destroyed though, that takes a bit of effort, but it's not going to change anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There are two sides of ethic questions in reference to the burning of GMO crops...On one hand, do they have the right to destroy someone else's property. On the other, do they have the moral obligation to prevent the spread/sale of something that has not been thoroughly tested by independent, publicly-funded bodies on the impacts on health, environment and society especially when the authorities have failed/refused to do so? This has to be left to individuals to decide.

While we can certainly not know for certain yet how GMO will affect human health, the fact that Obama has recently signed a bill that practically prevented the big corporations from future lawsuits or from stopping the production/sale of GM food if it should one day be found to have negative health consequences was indeed disconcerting. How could such a law be passed when it clearly was prejudiced?

We need to be alarmed...very alarmed by the ability of giant corporations to control seeds, which are an essence of life. As it is, there are already signs that they are able to control farmers (and politicians). Given more power, one day they will be able to control the political stability of a nation as well, if not already.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them" would quite an appropriate metaphor.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join