It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECO-REVOLUTION: GMO Crops TORCHED in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wonder if it's possible that the person or company growing it torched their own crops?

Local market is fairly saturated, and you wouldn't fetch that great a price or would be frowned upon for driving the market down. But export market which you originally planned to sell to fell out for various reasons... Now what to do?

Well, there's always insurance.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'm supposed to grow my own wheat for bread making .... where?
Unless you're really unlucky you aren't going to be finding any GMO wheat.

Matter of fact, only a very small percentage of the US population has the ability to do as you so blithely recommend.
You'd be surprised what you can do with a rooftop garden.

And even organic stores have been exposed for selling genetically modified foods
Well gee whiz. Who can you trust? You're talking about processed foods then. They don't have to be GMO to be bad for you.
If you avoid soy products and buy organic veggies and corn, you'll be fine.

edit on 6/23/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

you'll be fine.

When should I expect the bill for your medical advice?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This news has filled me with happiness. I can only hope that others follow the example and torch fields of GMO corn and soy. When the "law" is against the voice of the American people on the issue, it is up to us to declare the law unjust and embrace vigilantism. Burn all of the fields. The farmers are insured. There is no reason to feel bad about it.

More needs to be done. Protesting does no good.

Patriots break laws that are unjust. Save humanity. The ends justify the means in this situation for sure.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

John Barleycorn must die!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can't understand why everyone wants to direct the blame only on Monsanto.
Other companies have been producing GMOs right along with "M" for quite some time.

www.isaaa.org...

Who produces GM crops?

Most of the research on GM crops has been carried out in developed countries, mainly in North America, Latin America, and Europe. Recently, however, many developing countries have also established the capacity for genetic engineering.

In developed countries, the new life sciences companies have dominated the application of GM technology to agriculture. These include Bayer CropScience, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont/Pioneer, Monsanto, and Syngenta.

I would also like to remind folks who fret about GM plants, that all plant life that once was wild...grown by
nature it's self, became GM the second man turned them into domestic crops.

Man has been cross breeding plants for a very long time, thus modifying the plants genetics.

The same thing goes for all the GM meddling that has gone on with the animals we took
from the wild and modified them to fit our wants and needs.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

cls.casa.colostate.edu...

History of Plant Breeding

For several thousand years, farmers have been altering the genetic makeup of the crops they grow. Human selection for features such as faster growth, larger seeds or sweeter fruits has dramatically changed domesticated plant species compared to their wild relatives. Remarkably, many of our modern crops were developed by people who lacked an understanding of the scientific basis of plant breeding.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

For several thousand years, farmers have been altering the genetic makeup of the crops they grow. Human selection for features such as faster growth, larger seeds or sweeter fruits has dramatically changed domesticated plant species compared to their wild relatives. Remarkably, many of our modern crops were developed by people who lacked an understanding of the scientific basis of plant breeding.

The difference is the term "transgenic" modification. Plant breeders are not breeding cross-species because it is not naturally possible (to my knowledge).

Two different things, but they can both be considered "genetically modified", just one method is different than the other.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, while I agree that there is no hard evidence that GMO consumption is bad for our health (although to be fair, most studies I've read on both sides of the fence had an agenda to push, and I would tend to side with the principle of precaution here, because to be honest, we just don't know yet), surely you can't dismiss the potential impact of GMO's on the ecosystem as a whole ?

Take the whole *neutered plant* thing for example. It doesn't work. These super plants do reproduce.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Trueman

At least we confirmed what side you are.

No. You know the side I'm not on. That of pointless vandalism.

At what point do the people who have tried to go though the system have a right as free men to stand up to tyranny? Their entire crop which they sell overseas is banned for a friggin year! Now, sir, who has done the real crime, Monsanto or the people defending their livelihoods? The government is no long for the people, but for Monsanto!

I guess you would have just jailed all those law breaking blacks in the 1960's and said, "crime should be punished" and not dealt with the civil rights issues they had gotten sick and tired once they reached a point of acting since they were ignored for so long!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I can't understand why everyone wants to direct the blame only on Monsanto.
Other companies have been producing GMOs right along with "M" for quite some time.

www.isaaa.org...

Who produces GM crops?

Most of the research on GM crops has been carried out in developed countries, mainly in North America, Latin America, and Europe. Recently, however, many developing countries have also established the capacity for genetic engineering.

In developed countries, the new life sciences companies have dominated the application of GM technology to agriculture. These include Bayer CropScience, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont/Pioneer, Monsanto, and Syngenta.

I would also like to remind folks who fret about GM plants, that all plant life that once was wild...grown by
nature it's self, became GM the second man turned them into domestic crops.

Man has been cross breeding plants for a very long time, thus modifying the plants genetics.

The same thing goes for all the GM meddling that has gone on with the animals we took
from the wild and modified them to fit our wants and needs.

Cross breeding plants is not the same as putting in markers as internal pesticide that will KILL YOU! You might not die the day you eat this crap, but when your children are sterile, your life is diminished, and you are suffering daily there is reason to be concerned. All the cows in India who ate the left over cotton plants died horrible deaths and the cotton blew into the non GMO fields and ruined them. They were having suicides of farmers ever week because their lives were destroyed.

What Monsanto is doing is nothing like what you were talking about it and I think you must know that as an avid reader of ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
as to an elephant pellet

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
wtg MOTHER EARTH - keep on purging.
monsanto would like to genetically modify all living organisms - especially the bi-pedal types.
Seeds

and

for those of us that look towards natural type cures:
Natural Cures

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This false dilemma with regards to the benefit/detriment of gmo/non-gmo is tiring...was...now the debate is "heating up"

This isnt about right and wrong, its about right to Choose!!
There is always good and bad in situations like this, when people fight "fire with fire"

This is not to make light of the "fires of discontent"
Ok, ok...
This inevitably happens when peoples last recourse is the system that continuously failed them when previously resorted to avail them.

We either choose as one (individual) or One (community)

LOVE

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

At least we confirmed what side you are.

No. You know the side I'm not on. That of pointless vandalism.

Actually its not pointless vandalism. Considering Monsanto has its cronies deep with branches of the government, fda, epa, senators, representatives, etc....... means that "the people" are not being heard over the sound of bribes lining gov pockets.

Clearly the majority want their foods labeled and prefer organic, so if no one is listening, let the people burn all the poisons until someone does start to listen.

The point of the fire was to cause peopleto discuss this, like we are here, so they have accomplished their goals.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

SO, people have been introducing severe poisons into the genetic makeup of plants?

thats a real load of BS and skewing data.. shillish, very shillish

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I despise Monsanto, agri-tech in the forms we have seen at least and especially GMO's, I'm an environmentalist as well as an anarchist and I think ecoterrorism is in the least, moronic and juvenile and at worst it's hypocritical, counterproductive, dangerous and sometimes even deadly. I fully support protesting and getting in government and corporate faces, I support educating the masses and boycotting. Destruction just makes enemies and always has unintended consequences.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes! Oregon does not want this poison. America dosent want this poison. get this crap out of our fields or it will continue to burn!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I despise Monsanto, agri-tech in the forms we have seen at least and especially GMO's, I'm an environmentalist as well as an anarchist and I think ecoterrorism is in the least, moronic and juvenile and at worst it's hypocritical, counterproductive, dangerous and sometimes even deadly. I fully support protesting and getting in government and corporate faces, I support educating the masses and boycotting. Destruction just makes enemies and always has unintended consequences.

I too am for peacefuland intellectual protest and change. However, considering everyone @ the top has Monsanto bribe money, won't listen to the citizens request for gmo food labeling, love and preference for organic, then i understand why people are getting fed up and results end in torched crops.

People who are fed up and the gov won't listen, and no change is happening, will revert to acts such as this.

Look @ syria, egypt, bulgaria, brazil...........

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Right. Animals are dying all over the place from eating GMOs. That's why ranchers keep buying them for feed.

You obviously have never worked a cattle ranch.

I wouldn't use the term "ranchers' as most actual cattle ranches do not purchase feed.. They grow hay and bail it. To my knowledge the grass is not GMO..

During the "summer range" period (where ranchers essentially release their cows into the wild and then round them back up for the winter season) cows generally feed on wild vegetation. During the winter they are fed the hay that was grown while they were out on summer range.

I think the term you are looking for is "farmer".

P.S. However it is worth noting that some ranches grain feed their beef.. This practice is uncommon however.
edit on 24-6-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join