It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi booed for saying NSA leaker Snowden violated the law!! BOOOOO!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
She's correct, he did violate the law.
That doesn't make his actions any less valiant or morally righteous.

THEIR THE ONES violating the law with their constant and simultaneous spying of ALL of the US citizens data...... Pelosi can pound sand, if she is against this guy, I am for him.. Let's throw Pelosi in jail for going along with the ILLEGAL SPYING of AMERICAN CITIZENS!!

No, they are the ones who dictate the law, we are the ones responsible for following it. While, technically, they should abide by their own rules, I doubt that, given recent events, anyone's head is that far up his or her own ass to believe our government will take measures to limit its own power.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by itssomethingyoudid
I have read a few places that people wish that the politicians in Washington would show support for Snowden and they are so far not doing it.

Although Ron Paul is no longer a Congressman, he has gone on record as saying that he thinks Snowden is a hero. I believe he would have said the same if he were still a member of Congress and that's why I supported him. He says what he believes and doesn't waver even in the face of ridicule from the press and his so-called peers holding public office.

Nancy Pelosi is one of those people that make me cringe every time I see her speak. She kept saying she understands. I don't think she does. I don't think she gets it at all or she would have shuffled off side stage left and took her propaganda with her.

Totally agree. I couldn't watch the whole video. I turned it off when she started stammering "I understand". No, you DON'T understand. That's the problem. I can't stand that woman.

Snowden technically violated the law. But he is a hero for doing so. It makes me sick watching all these neo-fascists condemn him as a traitor to his country. THEY are the ones who should be sent to stand trial.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Ghost375

The fact is he did violate the law....

I heard the term used " secret court" residing over the judicial process of the NSA warrantless surveillance. Would this stand up in court as legal and not violating constitutional rights of citizens. If the answer is no, then he cant of violated law because the law itself was constitutional corrupt.
edit on 24-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The problem has to do with the fact that the information was classified. Classification means that revealing it is a federal crime, even if you're revealing something that's illegal, it's not the same as disobeying an illegal order in the military. The fact is, he's guilty of breaking the law. In a fair trial though, the reason for breaking the law would be brought into question and he could use it as a defense, and going by public opinion a jury would be hugely in his favor. If the US manages to capture him though, he's not going to get a fair trial and he likely won't even be allowed to use any circumstances as his defense.

In my opinion he's a hero and he deserves a medal for what he did. Going by the law though (and we have to go by that if society is to mean anything) he needs to stand trial for his crimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
this administration, senate, and congress violate the law all the time.
how about we have arrest warrants for all of them, seems fair no?
it's disgusting to hear these politicians talk about the rule of law, yet # on our constitution.

Pelosi is a c word that i can't mention here, amazing how her views change, once the president changes

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

The problem has to do with the fact that the information was classified. Classification means that revealing it is a federal crime, even if you're revealing something that's illegal, it's not the same as disobeying an illegal order in the military

I understand the concept of revealing classified information. Heres a scenarios for you. Your a guy working on a remote military base in US and you become aware that the US base is being used knowlying by the base commander to traffic illegal drugs into the US. You are eventually told whats going on and ordered not to speak to anyone about it as it in defence classified information. What would "YOU" personally do in that situation?

edit on 24-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I understand the concept of revealing classified information. Heres a scenarios for you. Your a guy working on a remote military base in US and you become aware that the US base is being used knowlying by the base commander to traffic illegal drugs into the US. You are eventually told whats going on and ordered not to speak to anyone about it as it in defence classified information. What would "YOU" personally do in that situation?

In that situation you could take it to someone else in the military. If for the sake of argument however the entire establishment is corrupt and you can't do that, the only option is to go public. Snowden did the right thing, in a perfect world he would still stand trial though, because it can't be up to just one person to decide if the law needs to be upheld or not in any given circumstance, rather that determination needs to be made by society as a whole in order to prevent abuse.

Unfortunately, the world isn't perfect and there's a reasonable belief that he wouldn't get a fair trial which makes fleeing the only other option he has.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Why are the dems and rep. so against this guy?? The secrets out folks, they need to live with it, the people are waking up!!

What the Dems and Reps have been doing for so long in regards to privacy has been considered an open secret in specific circles. Ironic isn't it? (That's how the mob works with retribution BTW). People like Snowden are taking the secret out of it and exposing everything for what it is. Laying that b***h naked and taking pictures. That man has a pair.

Snowden isn't a traitor to the U.S. He's a traitor to the M.O. of the Government of the U.S. which could give a rats *ss about the people. The only people who are butt hurt about it are the people with something left to lose. Take a persons privacy and you're taking that persons last reason to give a sh*t about the consequences of their actions.

There's a poster here who has given everyone here the tools they need to encrypt their conversations. If you feel your privacy is being invaded, stay off the internet or use the tools offered. The choice is yours: Act like a responsible adult or act like the Government.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

People just waiting and hoping to see Snowden go down make me sick!!! Talking about Bush, and dick cheney is really asinine at this point....

Is there anything that doesn't cause you to beat the exclam key to death and make personal attacks on Pelosi? Bush and Cheney instigated all of this. Eddie Snowden got his panties in a twist and decided to spill his guts. He started believing that he was some kind of hero. He likes being important and the center of attention. Now he will live [or not] with the consequences. He doesn't know that he is only an expendable pawn in a big international chess game. When he is no longer useful to other countries, he'll be turned over to the Feds and will get to hang out with Brad Manning for the next 20 years or so.

The funniest thing about this is you suggesting that he thinks he's some kind of hero...

The WORLD thinks he's a hero!

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the vast majority of this planet are calling him a hero, while a few hypocrites in DC and other puppet governments are trying to paint him as something else.

So far all they've come up with is that he only did a little military training, and his girlfriend was once a stripper. Ha! Hardly scandals worthy of use to try to discredit.

People can claim he broke some kind of baseless law all they like, the fact is that he exposed a bigger crime. It was technically illegal for a Nazi officer to expose the genocide atrocities of Hitler's regime, but it was an international crime against Humanity.

This level of snooping, threatening the basic democratic process of all our nations, is more than just an inconvenience. THAT is why people boo this twisted little b*tch, Snowden broke a law to reveal a bigger crime, THAT absolves him of that "crime".

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

People just waiting and hoping to see Snowden go down make me sick!!! Talking about Bush, and dick cheney is really asinine at this point....

Is there anything that doesn't cause you to beat the exclam key to death and make personal attacks on Pelosi? Bush and Cheney instigated all of this. Eddie Snowden got his panties in a twist and decided to spill his guts. He started believing that he was some kind of hero. He likes being important and the center of attention. Now he will live [or not] with the consequences. He doesn't know that he is only an expendable pawn in a big international chess game. When he is no longer useful to other countries, he'll be turned over to the Feds and will get to hang out with Brad Manning for the next 20 years or so.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the vast majority of this planet are calling him a hero, while a few hypocrites in DC and other puppet governments are trying to paint him as something else.

People can claim he broke some kind of baseless law all they like, the fact is that he exposed a bigger crime. It was technically illegal for a Nazi officer to expose the genocide atrocities of Hitler's regime, but it was an international crime against Humanity.

This level of snooping, threatening the basic democratic process of all our nations, is more than just an inconvenience. THAT is why people boo this twisted little b*tch, Snowden broke a law to reveal a bigger crime, THAT absolves him of that "crime".

Your only data about a 'vast majority' concerns this thread. Most don't care about Eddie Snowden.

The law he broke is not baseless. Likening this to genocide is sophomoric, at best, as are your personal attacks on Pelosi. In fact, Pelosi was correct. Snowden violated the law. Some people didn't want to hear it so they booed her.

Please explain how 'this level of snooping' threatens the basic democratic process.

Snowden is not absolved of anything. If his revelations lead to loss of life, he should be held responsible for that, too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
she must be the one that was told to go forth and spew - too bad nobody threw a shoe.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sigh, what a world we have come to when it becomes illegal to do a good thing, and expose the evils men do in the darkness, hiding in secrecy and shadows.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by itssomethingyoudid
I have read a few places that people wish that the politicians in Washington would show support for Snowden and they are so far not doing it.

Although Ron Paul is no longer a Congressman, he has gone on record as saying that he thinks Snowden is a hero. I believe he would have said the same if he were still a member of Congress and that's why I supported him. He says what he believes and doesn't waver even in the face of ridicule from the press and his so-called peers holding public office.

Nancy Pelosi is one of those people that make me cringe every time I see her speak. She kept saying she understands. I don't think she does. I don't think she gets it at all or she would have shuffled off side stage left and took her propaganda with her.

Totally agree. I couldn't watch the whole video. I turned it off when she started stammering "I understand". No, you DON'T understand. That's the problem. I can't stand that woman.

Snowden technically violated the law. But he is a hero for doing so. It makes me sick watching all these neo-fascists condemn him as a traitor to his country. THEY are the ones who should be sent to stand trial.

Agreed.

Notice how all the politicians seem to be trying their hardest to follow the line, whether left or right. It's almost like they don't want to offend any of the alphabet agencies.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Either she is ignorant of the bill of rights or she is pretending ignorance because she is a shill of the elite spying network. Nato spying against nato citizens is immoral and unethical. You spy against enemies not against everyone.

Obama was talking about transparency before he got elected and now has changed his tune. I wonder if the elite make death threats to change their minds or if it was all part of the game from the beginning. You don't change washington, washington changes you was said by bill clinton.

The problem is not the government. The problem is the administration who take orders from the shadow government and pass those orders to the government below them.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Please explain how 'this level of snooping' threatens the basic democratic process.

Because to target someone you don't like you need as much information about them as possible.

This leads to suppression of freedom of speech because of possible/probable blackmail, which in turn perverts everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The media has me a bit confused as to what law he did break
Did he sign a secrecy agreement with the company he was working for?
I've thought I heard on the news that he was a traitor? To be a traitor, didn't he have to give the secrets to another country? Is there any proof that he did that?

If anyone could clarify what law he broke, I would appreciate that. Goodness knows you can't get any facts from the news.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So...Pelosi said a absolute truth and got booed?
She didn't weigh in on what she thinks of the person, just the technical in reference to the greater subject between security and privacy.

Gotcha

I am going to open an encyclopedia and boo everything I don't like but is fact anyhow...because...you know...that's clever.

Haven't strayed far from the caves, have we.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I've thought I heard on the news that he was a traitor? To be a traitor, didn't he have to give the secrets to another country? Is there any proof that he did that?

If anyone could clarify what law he broke, I would appreciate that. Goodness knows you can't get any facts from the news.

Here ya go

He is innocent until proven guilty, but it seems almost certain that there are laws against disclosing classified information that he intentionally broke (meaning, he intentionally did the prohibited conduct, not that he knew what the law was, which is irrelevant, although working in this world, he must have known what was unlawful). So, yes, he committed a crime.

Source
From a sympathetic lawyer..not someone wanting to see him go down.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Laws have become a joke.
People refuse to help others because of Laws.
Bad things happen to good people because of Laws.

Laws have been usurped by tyrants and turned into methods to control and oppress and loot.

What really matters here is RIGHT vs WRONG.

The Govt is IMMORAL and WRONG for trampling the rights of peoples.
Snowden (if he is even real), is RIGHT for exposing the criminal syndicate to the peoples.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

He definitely signed his life away when he took that job.

He has revealed "Classified Information" already.

This seems a very strange route for a "Whistleblower".

They need a "Court" for these "Whistlebowers" to go to. Not a Foreign Government.

They have charged him with Espionage. This is just getting stranger...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think there is a debate on whether Snowden broke the law. Of course he did but he did so to reveal something both administrations since 2001 said would not happen.

I don't think he should go to jail. I think that congress needs to set limits on the NSA, CIA, FBI and local law enforcement as to whom and what they are allowed to collect from phones and internet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join