It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's May 15th -- do you know where your disaster is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We're still here!

(Love the term "Jeremiah" -- haven't heard that in awhile, and it's SO approrpiate!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Actually, May 15th and Planet X WERE a disaster for 260 people:

www.themilwaukeechannel.com... 205426/detail.html?treets=mil&tid=2651286653813&tml=&tmi=&ts=H
(gotta love the military sense of humor...)

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
End of the world will come at the hand of humans. Or aliens. either one will do

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I second what Byrd said...

I'm still in one piece(as much of piece as i usually am
), and so is the Earth. Yeah, it is a bit cloudy here in PA, but i can live with that. No comets, earthqaukes, SARS mutations, alien invasions, or destruction of any kind. So to Maddas and anyone else who was planning to die today, suicide or murder'll be the only way.

so....

HAHA.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Matrix IS the bomb!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i gotta wait over here not out yet

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
* Please note, the only disaster I remarked on was Comet NEAT

Well, here we are.

Im not one to duck something, so here I am.

I did say that if we were still here, I would tune up in my best Mel Torme impression and sing, specifically to Byrd, Your the tops baby!! (Yes, go ahead and say I told you so)

*Tuning up as Mel Torme*

"Your the tops baaaaaabbbyyyyy!!!!!!"

I also promised you a nice pic of my hairy a$$ in leau of me doing the strip tease as I sing.

www.rattownrecords.com...

But, I would like to point out, through my current humility, that I do in fact enjoy the opportunity to sit it out and enjoy being the butt of ATS jokes, and owing the ATS community a collective beer (ok, several beers, TC, line em up!), mainly because that means that we are in fact all here to enjoy my humility en masse!

As much as I am sure Byrd will have fun shooting this down, this is my personal suspicion... the operation with HAARP that I documented was apparently successful. So I guess that the guys at Gakona really did know what the hell they were doing... placing faith in the government to get anything right is far scarier than anything else!

In any event, I submit myself to your humiliation, please have fun with it!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wait! Wait! Hold the phones!!!

Its only 4:48 here in California lol still got 12 minutes to the end of the world...

Beer anyone??

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
www.rattownrecords.com...

it's 8:03pm EST, do you know where your a$$ is?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
it's 8:03pm EST, do you know where your a$$ is?
Posted by Mornington Crescent

Happily waving on the ATS chatboard!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yea, I find all this Planet X stuff just nonsense. Especially after reading the anti-sites on it, such as www.badastronomy.com It seems like every 2 years, some crazy people think of some new theory on how the earth will end. Yea there is a lot of crazy weather going on now, but that's seasonal weather...and the fact that we're just getting over El Nino is also a reason for the weird weather. If I remember correctly, the lady who started it all said that Aliens told her this stuff..That's insane.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Part of my making a fuss over this is a growing tendency of the group to run out and accept any old story without verifying the situation. A current thread (on the finding of the city of "Kadath"... a fictional city, by the way) is one such thing.

It's sometimes embarrassing to be a conspiracy junkie, because the wide-eyed "rush to belief" is so strong in many people. But the problem with believing everything without doing hard evidence is that you end up believing in a lot of things that are wrong.

It's like a teacher holding up a piece of monopoly money, pointing out that this is counterfeit, and showing that it's not legal tender and that people who pass this kind of money go to jail. If you believe that "yellow monopoly money" is a valid example of counterfeit money, you're going to be taken in by a lot of hoaxers and a lot of felons.

The "a bunch of websites are saying the same thing (copying the same article)" attitude is a dangerous one. That's how hoaxes start, and that's how rip-off artists cheat and steal from honest folks.

What we need is a little more checking of the sources -- picking reliable ones like Snopes and Badastronomy and less reliance-without-research on fringe ideas.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I agree with you Byrd.

Also, realize that even though a entity lies once, doesn't mean it ALWAYS lies. There's a big difference.
Assuming that authority is lying no matter what it says, because that's how you perceive authority, is a dangerous point of view. Your perception may be wrong. You will fool yourself into believing things which are untrue because you couldn't (or wouldn't) accept the truth when it was offered.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think we may have missed the difference between what DR was talking about and the Planet Xers. He was refering to an impact hazard and I doubt that can be predicted by a group of cultists down to the day. Its a real constant threat and possibilty because we have them every so often..ie..Chixulub Crater.

I suspect that if this group was being contacted anyone "alien", they have been messed with much like John Keel while researching the Pt Pleasant WVA "MothMan" case. He finally surmised, he was being jerked around for mere amusement by whoever was doing it.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In any case, the entire purpose of this thread in the title of it, was wrong to begin with... they said may 15 was the date to be in your safe place, and that planet x would pass and pole shift would occur before june 1. I don't even understand how discussions like these even get started off when the first message was wrong. Told you so.

<< 1   >>

join