It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban murder 9 tourists at one of the world's highest mountains

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You've got to be insane to travel Afghanistan on "holiday". Really..
The idle Rich. Can't you figure out another, more peaceful area? There are great mountains in the United States and Europe. Why would you purposely put your self in a dangerous situation? Make no sense. Not going so far as to say the deserved it but IMO, it was a very bad choice going there.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread on this forum, so I thought I should mention it here as well...PAKISTAN, where this incident took place (not Afghanistan) is not a part of the Middle East. Perhaps a better place for this thread would've been the War on Terror forum.

As for why the Taliban would kill non-american tourists in response for droning by the US, the same reason people think that an attack in Luxor could somehow be related to an event in Pakistan. Ignorance and generalising.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by soundguy

Are the islamist terrorists aware of drone strikes? If so, what kind of person would knowingly place their children and family in harms way by being at home with them?

You're saying that as if the children and civilians were all killed because they had a "terrorist" family member at home with them. Wow... just another underhanded way of discounting the deaths of innocent Muslim families...who were nothing more than villagers.

My first time trying to use quotes here... Yes that is what I am saying. No American would tolerate the targeting of family members, or other innocents for that matter. It is not our policy to do so either. Call me what you will but if I were placed in that situation, I would avoid them like the plague. Kinda like being proactive about staying alve.

The ones controlling drone strikes ALSO hide, away from the battlefield... and continue to kill women and children. Its the ultimate hide and fight tactic the world has ever seen.

Well they remain hidden, I will give you that. However, there are no other similarities that I can think of. If you want to talk innocent casualties you need to add in the deaths from suicide bombers. You are twice as likely to be killed by a suicide bombing in Pakistan than by a drone attack even if you you use the unverified over blown numbers produced by the Taliban sympathyzers pakistanbodycount.org... I would go further to say that have about a zero percent chance of perishing in a drone attack in Pakistan if you aren't hanging around the terrorists.

edit on 24-6-2013 by soundguy because: Grammar.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
They want to be part of the G8 talks and go murdering tourists.....someone didn't get the memo.

Someone never does !!!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
When will this Infidelaphobia end?

Why do we have almost daily reports of Infidels being murdered by Muslims just because they are Infidels?

When will it end?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
My question. Was it members of the Pakistani Taliban or the Afghan Taliban?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Havent seen you condemn US army in any of your posts, still checking though. Confirmed support for troops killing in Iraq and Afghan for peace. Will check back with you later.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe the Taliban thought that they were spies. Or just wanted to kill them, cause they can.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by douggie60

As I was reviewing my opinion I came to that very same question.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned “these inhuman and cruel acts”

Those who have committed this heinous crime seem to be attempting to disrupt the growing relations of Pakistan with China and other friendly countries,”

One of our factions, Junood ul-Hifsa, did it. It is to avenge the killing of Maulvi Wali ur-Rehman,”

The whole 'drone strike' excuse seems somewhat after the fact. This is inter-political and aimed at the regime of Sharif as the Taliban as a whole know how counterproductive attacks like this can be.

A spokesman for Pakistan’s main umbrella Taliban faction, which is waging a seven-year domestic insurgency, initially refused to comment, but later telephoned AFP to claim responsibility.

The Japanese media has a different version of events than the American media, which, comes as a surprise to no one.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
They want to be part of the G8 talks and go murdering tourists.....someone didn't get the memo.

Apparently, the memo didn't get to the Syrian branch of the Taliban either, but then again, if you go and plant bombs on buses and near schools, or hack open bodies of the dead and cannibalize the putrid flesh, the US and UK will send you armoured 4X4's, body armour and lots and lots of weapons to kill and eat even more innocent civilians.

So really, these filth that slaughtered the unfortunate tourists are probably wondering when their shipment of US weapons are going to arrive...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Dude, they don't care what nation or religion you're from, it's never been about that, It's about killing the infidel, which to them is anyone who isn't a muslim and in their own faction and it's more about their own faction because they even kill other muslim. Radicals are rabid dogs that need to be put down.

Isn't only a small part of true muslims radical? Although I strongly oppose these radical hassassins, I think nevertheless they represent only a small fraction of the muslim community. Unfortunately, to promote hatred, this small fraction gets all the attention. The majority of muslims are just like you in the USA and me in Canada, they try to have a life, to avoid stepping on a mine, and to live long enough to see their grandchildren. Back in the 70's (I think), tourists could walk right in Bagdad without being killed because they were infidel. In fact, the Silk Road worked out just fine because of that fact. So in a way I feel it's more about recent politics than about religion. I feel this "killing the infidel" thing is the result of some rabies who re-interpreted the Coran and forced the hatred. Just like it happened during the Crusades and the Inquisition, when the Catholic Church missionaries killed pagans over infidelity. Not all christians were killers, but those who were received quite political attention!

edit on 25-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I just came across this myself in the India Times (online)

the attackers were dressed as Gilgit Scouts, a paramilitary force

slightly different from your OP version. but not as makes any odds. My initial reaction was that the US cannot sit pretty, high in the sky, and indiscriminately kill 'targets', regardless of collateral damage, as their deeds will come back to haunt them by the murder of other innocent parties at the hands of those who feel aggrieved by the US actions.

Sort of puts drone attacks in a different perspective. Not quite as cosy and safe as they might think.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

my feet will stay firmly planted on what I know as friendly ground

The Moon perhaps?

Certainly not Kalifornia with all that is going on in the aftermath of ES. US has been shown to be most unfriendly ground.

This type of action (the OP) could be taken to many areas of the world. Perhaps we could ask America to stand down all it's drones? No, thought not.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Isn't only a small part of true muslims radical? Although I strongly oppose these radical hassassins, I think nevertheless they represent only a small fraction of the muslim community.

If there are 2 billion muslim, but only 1% is extremist. What is 1% of 2 billion? More than you can guess off the top of your head. A virtual army of millions. We are not talking about 5 or 10 people who like to be asshats, but millions, spread all over the world. Oh sure there may be nonviolent muslim who interpret the Quran differently than those who interpret it to mean kill everyone who isn't one of them, but those millions will always be there and you will never know who they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join