It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban murder 9 tourists at one of the world's highest mountains

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sounds like a US hit to me.
I'd be keen to hear what the jobs and titles were of the few who were killed.

Also, why on Earth would anyone holiday in Pakistan?

edit on 24-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Taliban are criminals because most their attacks are on civilians. How can they justify themselves as freedom fighters when the passionately are engaged at every opportunity killing unarmed civilians.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Here is a possible variation on your post.

Just fill in the blank.

The __________ are criminals because most their attacks are on civilians. How can they justify themselves as ____________ when the passionately are engaged at every opportunity killing unarmed civilians.

How else can we make that sentence relevant to todays violence around the world?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
Chinese soldiers are very honorable and brave they kept charging into marine lines in the Korean war, they don't use subversive tactics like the Taliban and they wont be there to win hearts and minds.

lol, now THAT I call BS. Military drills is one thing, but actual combat action is another. The US has been in active rotation of combat for over 12 years now, yes the war was terrible and BS yada, yada, blah, blah....But what we gain from it was knowledge, first from a Conventional military to now an Asymmetric Military.
How the Chinese view things has no factoring in there asses getting handed to them once they decide to go in. Russia learned its lesson and they by far were there to fight, the US is pulling out and we were NICE! hey let them shoot first then we engage, if that's not nice, then what is?? China is going to have its hands full, their untested military is going to take a beating.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just proves that the Taliban are cowards and idiots, killing innocent people for what? to prove a point that your a murdering scumbag?
Point well made mr Taliban, whatever happened to your sense of honour that you claim to have had in the past?
edit on 24/6/13 by DataWraith because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
One of the killed climbers was form my home country Lithuania. It was the first time he tried to climb this ridge. What a tragedy... And the reasoning behind this act? Stupid. They're just criminals that like to kill.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
camouflage . it is war of blueblood newcomers VS redblood natives they put on the German uniform and burned alive villages in the territory occupied by Germans. in Chechnya they put on the Russian uniform. with 1947 they carry also a half moon

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
That's crazy, I wonder how many foreign civilian deaths the US has under its belt? A few thousand in Japan, A few million in Vietnam, a few thousand in Germany, a few thousand in Iraq, a few thousand in Libya, a few thousand in Somalia, a few thousand in Afghanistan, a few thousand in Iraq again, a few thousand in former Yugoslavia, I could go on. The USA is a world reknowned slaughter machine which has touched every ethnic group, the Taliban is a toddler in terms of the US. 9 Civilians, thats not even a double tap, thats the first hit.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

And why would they be targetting "Chinese" and "Russian" tourists? Tarketing their own supporters? nah ... this has the word "false flag" written all over it.

More likely, it was

"western friendly government agents, posing as taliban executing some alleged spies. hoping to pin it on the taliban, to end whatever little opposition there is to the war in Afghanistan".

Why? I'll tell you why, the Taliban will take whatever opportunities and whatever defenseless targets that they can because they are a bunch of backward, murdering, goat shaggers. The mentality of the Taliban is easy to understand, they're driven by religious zeal, brutal tribal laws, and hatred for non-muslims, add to that that they are bunch of uneducated savages and you get the picture.

Like 'whoever' is going to send a team of hitmen into the Himalayas to find some tourists to kill as a ruse to gain support for the war in Afghan? What a stupid idea.

False flag my arse.

edit on 24-6-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Your argument only works if you don't belong to a country currently doing the civilian killing by the thousands, or if you condemn other nations of their civilian slaughtering, will look through your post to see you calling the US out on mommy and baby killing.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Just proves that the Taliban are cowards and idiots, killing innocent people for what? to prove a point that your a murdering scumbag?
Point well made mr Taliban, whatever happened to your sense of honour that you claim to have had in the past?

If the Taliban are idiots and cowards for doing this, what are US military/CIA contractors who kill innocent civilians using drones, while the pilots sit safely in some office building in the US.

In addition, consider the POV of the Taliban: they aren't necessarily well educated or world savvy. They just know that some g.d. foreign nation is using drones to kill their fellow tribal members, many of whom are women and children.

I saw a documentary in which Afghan villagers were shown pictures of the Twin Tower attacks. They didn't know anything about them or much of anything about the US. All they know is that some outsiders are attacking them and occupying their country. I could imagine hilly billy Taliban in the foothills of the Himalayas being just as ignorant and being generally xenophobic, given that their countrymen and women are being killed by some wicked foreigners. I provide this point in an attempt for you indignant know-it-alls to get an idea of what the mindset of these people may well be. Am I defending their actions? No. But I am explaining how their actions are not all the insane given their level of knowledge and what is being done to them.

Moreover, look at what the US does: In Fallujah, because four US mercenaries were killed and brutally dragged around, hung on poles, etc. and put on display, the US Marines laid siege to the town, forced all the women and children out -- in contravention of the Geneva Conventions -- and then went about systematically destroying the town and killing most of the male inhabitants, using tactics of the Waffen SS. This was clearly a case of collective punishment -- also against the Geneva convention. Instead of 9 people killed for revenge, thousands were killed. So 'Murikens ARE THE LAST people who should complain about revenge attacks by others. Remember Dresden, Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by DataWraith

If the Taliban are idiots and cowards for doing this, what are US military/CIA contractors who kill innocent civilians using drones, while the pilots sit safely in some office building in the US.

In addition, consider the POV of the Taliban: they aren't necessarily well educated or world savvy. They just know that some g.d. foreign nation is using drones to kill their fellow tribal members, many of whom are women and children.

I saw a documentary in which Afghan villagers were shown pictures of the Twin Tower attacks. They didn't know anything about them or much of anything about the US. All they know is that some outsiders are attacking them and occupying their country. I could imagine hilly billy Taliban in the foothills of the Himalayas being just as ignorant and being generally xenophobic, given that their countrymen and women are being killed by some wicked foreigners. I provide this point in an attempt for you indignant know-it-alls to get an idea of what the mindset of these people may well be. Am I defending their actions? No. But I am explaining how their actions are not all the insane given their level of knowledge and what is being done to them.

Moreover, look at what the US does: In Fallujah, because four US mercenaries were killed and brutally dragged around, hung on poles, etc. and put on display, the US Marines laid siege to the town, forced all the women and children out -- in contravention of the Geneva Conventions -- and then went about systematically destroying the town and killing most of the male inhabitants, using tactics of the Waffen SS. This was clearly a case of collective punishment -- also against the Geneva convention. Instead of 9 people killed for revenge, thousands were killed. So 'Murikens ARE THE LAST people who should complain about revenge attacks by others. Remember Dresden, Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

apparently those where accidental civilian casualties, 2 bad guys shouldn't be hiding in a town full of people. According to some people here who don't even know their neighbor is keeping 3 chicks in a basement for 10 yrs they think Muslims know their neighbor is hiding Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Most Americans will NOT accept that their forces carry out heinous attacks on unarmed civilians.... and even if they do, will find ways to justify it.

American drones have killed more than 3,000 Pakistani villagers so far... This thread presents an infographic visualizing drone strikes in Pakistan and as you can see there are only 3 replies. Speaks a lot about the state of things here. I guess "terrorizing civilians is fine as long as its not the Muslims doing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Yeah sure, I support "mommy and baby killing"....what utter stupidity one encounters one this website.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So many false equivilacies where does one begin? Firstly my condolences to our Lithuanian member. Sorry for the loss of your fellow countryman.

The Taliban have proved themselves as terrorists in my book.

Say what you want about Saddam, at least he had the balls to field an army and let the chips fall where they may. Seems he was about the only one since WWII that actually met army to army on the battlefield.

I wonder if anyone has any data on how many innocents have been killed by suicide bombers? Seems they always get a pass by those who want to keep collateral damage score.

Here is a thought for the above poster. The fundamental difference between Cleveland and the Middle East? When a neighbor in Cleveland found out about the kidnapper he went to the authorities and turned the guy in without any fear of reprisal.

I guess my next question would be; Are the islamist terrorists aware of drone strikes? If so, what kind of person would knowingly place their children and family in harms way by being at home with them?

Seems to me the use of road side bombs and suicide bombings have brought about the highest casualty rate for the Islamists.

If you want to win the war of public opinion, you die in the daylight on the battlefield for what you beleive in. Soldiers and civilians alike would respect that and begin to question the reasoning of the war. As long as the enemy hides in the shadows behind woman and children and suicide bombing proxies there will never be a change in public opinion. Drone strikes will continue and public opinion will remain unchanged.

Frankly I think the Chinese would have a much easier time in Afghanistan. They are communist and don't tolerate or respect religion. Therefore I don't believe they would give any quarter to those who do. China is surrounded by Islamist countries yet Islam has no foothold there, ever wonder why that is?

Unfortunately if it wasn't for corporations plundering the natural resources of their homelands I doubt they nor us would even be aware the other exists. You can hardly blame a country or its population for wanting to strike out at those who prosper through their suffering. If the average American had those blinders removed you would see a change in no time.

I guess that's all I have to say. Peace out.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm having a problem with this so far and am wondering how accurate the information is. No one will ever forget Luxor and how Jihad Talaat al-Fath was basically destroyed from within because such a useless, stupid, gruesome barbaric attack on civilians. The cause of all Muslim extremest factions was badly hurt by defections, funds being withheld but mostly because of the international shame. Also, and just as important, many left the group and were turned by the CIA. Some of the best intelligence gathered from the aftermath of the Cole bombing came from jihads who had left Talaat because of the senseless bloodbath at Luxor.

Saying this was a retaliation for drone attacks makes even less sense.

I'm just wondering if we have good solid intelligence here or is this some kind of disinformation?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Taliban are criminals because most their attacks are on civilians. How can they justify themselves as freedom fighters when the passionately are engaged at every opportunity killing unarmed civilians.

Because to them they're killing "infidels" to their Allah, and an infidel to them would be anything that is not muslim, including noncombatant citizens. These people are incredibly delusional and probably can be filed under sociopathy or psychopathy. So we'll argue for delusional psychopaths. Point is if you can murder someone and not feel an ounce of remorse, you're so broken you should be put down.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In the United States of America, we currently have 310,338,864 Americans living inside our borders. I will not take into account how many Americans live abroad. Out of the 310,338,864, there are between 6 and 10 million Muslims living here in the United States. It is believed that about 8 million are considered “spiritual” Muslims. If we take the proverbial 1% we consider radical Muslims running around here in the United States of America, out of that 8 million, that would leave around 80,000. If you want to take into account how many Muslims live in the world today, the Wikipedia report estimates 1.57 billion as the most reliable estimate. That is over 5 times the amount of people who live in the United States. If you want to take 1% of the radical Muslims that we need not worry about, out of the 1.57 billion, we are looking at about 15,700,000. 1% can be a whole bus load of radical Muslims. I’m tired of people who think 1% of anything means squat!
edit on 24-6-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

Are the islamist terrorists aware of drone strikes? If so, what kind of person would knowingly place their children and family in harms way by being at home with them?

You're saying that as if the children and civilians were all killed because they had a "terrorist" family member at home with them. Wow... just another underhanded way of discounting the deaths of innocent Muslim families...who were nothing more than villagers.

If you want to win the war of public opinion, you die in the daylight on the battlefield for what you beleive in. Soldiers and civilians alike would respect that and begin to question the reasoning of the war. As long as the enemy hides in the shadows behind woman and children and suicide bombing proxies there will never be a change in public opinion. Drone strikes will continue and public opinion will remain unchanged.

The ones controlling drone strikes ALSO hide, away from the battlefield... and continue to kill women and children. Its the ultimate hide and fight tactic the world has ever seen.

<< 1    3 >>

join