It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My hometown's attorney attempts to bully local resident (AP picked up story)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Number five in the pro-bono attorney's made me laugh out loud.
Classic

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by swordsandpens

I design the pages using CSS in microsoft expressions suite

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by roadgravel
Holy crap. When did the NJ mob get into website construction. Guess it is covered by the fact that government spends taxpayer monies, not monies they earn.

They can certainly spend it here in New Jersey. Trust me. I could buy you a new Honda with my property taxes.

Your property taxes are pretty cheap then my man.

I personally don't know we pull it off here either. It's bloody ridiculous, but the day passed just the other week and I will forget about it until next year when I will go holy # that's a lot of my money.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Your property taxes are pretty cheap then my man.

Hah, I never considered nearly $20,000 cheap but if someone else's is even higher then it just shows that there is more than one really screwed up place.

I personally don't know we pull it off here either. It's bloody ridiculous, but the day passed just the other week and I will forget about it until next year when I will go holy # that's a lot of my money.

I still have not figured out what all of that actually gets me. My initial assessment is always, "Not nearly what they are charging".

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Now I've seen it all. A lawyer with a sense of humor. Would have loved to see the look on the city lawyer's face when he read that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Augustus, thanks for the coverage. I was brought here by a Google alert. I tried to send you a PM, but it's not allowed, at least for the moment.

Would you be willing to reach out to me at [email removed]? I'm looking for a little local knowledge, and it sounds like you might have some. If you'd rather have ATS and IRL completely isolated from each other, that's cool, too.

Thanks in advance.
edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal information removed

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My company paid a high dollar price for our website. The company owner wanted it to be amazing. And it is (or will be once this last debug is done). It was around 25k, plus another $200 for an add on feature we contracted to another person. I have perused some other 20-30k sites shopping for a designer. The westorange.org site is not a 20k website.

It is on par with the local chamber of commerce site. I am on the board of directors there. We paid about 5k to a guy i graduated high school with. He does web design on the side, and teaches full time. The west orange site is worth maybe that, plus another grand a year in maintenance (if there are weekly updates).
edit on 24-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ha, that has got to be one of the best stories ive read lately. Cracked me up

This is definitely something im going to keep tabs on to see how it plays out. Talk about stepping in crap, they jumped right in

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdfreivald
Augustus, thanks for the coverage. I was brought here by a Google alert. I tried to send you a PM, but it's not allowed, at least for the moment.

Would you be willing to reach out to me at [email removed]? I'm looking for a little local knowledge, and it sounds like you might have some. If you'd rather have ATS and IRL completely isolated from each other, that's cool, too.

Thanks in advance.

Jake, thanks for stopping by the thread. I prefer to keep this acount completely isolated from 'the real world'.

Would you mind answering any questions for other posters if they have some? You are the subject of this thread and I am sure could expund on some of the behind the scenes action that took place with your encounter with our Township's attorney.
edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal info removed

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I hope that Mr. Trenk is soiling his pants due to this!
It is truly absurd how our leaders believe they are so out of reach from being accountable!
I truly hope he loses his pension and benefits but with the way these bastards write their laws
these men will get to hold onto their salaries and benefits even if they get fired! It's a sad world!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is absolutely "GOLDEN" baby!!! Totally made my day. Thank you for sharing! I'm very curious to see the rebuttal

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foreshadow
This is absolutely "GOLDEN" baby!!! Totally made my day. Thank you for sharing! I'm very curious to see the rebuttal

I hold little hope that Trenk will publish any type of rebuttal or even send one privately to Jake as he knows that it will end up in the public domain (as it should). This will most likely play out over the next few weeks/months as the Township residents who are sick of this type of infringing governmental behavior hold accountable those who authorized the targeting of another resident (if this is indeed the case as most of us feel it is).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join