It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can WE Report War Crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's a bit random - but I was just wondering - can I walk into my local police station and notify them of war crimes?

Like, I'm in England - Can I not, as a civilian, walk in and tell them about Tony Blairs/Camerons war crimes?

What reception would I get I wonder? In fact I might contact them to see hear the response lol

Although I fear - if I done that, I'd most likely be added to another domestic terrorist list aha.

Or is it one of those where they'd refer you to your local MP

I'm not experienced in this field - but it is the field I wish to pursue...

Anyone had any experience of this?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well the ICC deal with many of the war crimes that happen, but 7 nations didn't sign up for it so their people can not be tried in an ICC court because they do not recognize the ICC...they are.

Iraq
Israel
China
Yemen
Qatar
USA.

Makes me puke...
We in the UK are a member of the ICC so If you have evidence send it to the ICC.
edit on 23-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
mp and others are above the law look up before its news atricle 9 & 10 of e.u law

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thank you BoyMonkey - I'm just about to make another thread that I think you'll be interested in

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
War crimes, have little to do with the International Criminal Court or ICC. War crimes are a part of the Genever Convention, of which the US is a party. The Geneve convention, was between the warring parties of WWI, then WWII and became the precursor for the UN:

For some of the contents of "war", there are many particulars.

A. As someone pointed out, the Prime Minister/President, etc ... is above the law.

B. You cannot assassinate individuals, or target individuals by name or identity in a war.

C. Civilians are not to be targetted in war, wherever that is possible.

These are just two specifics ... but to interpret them for you. Adolf Hitler is not responsible for killing the Jews. The soldiers who performed it, are. To target, Saddam, Ghaddafi, Bin Laden or other individuals in a war ... is a war crime. However, it is easier for the soldiers to Kill Ghaddhafi and put is maimed body on display, than to have to face trials for their own crimes. Hang the one, for the many ... this is also used as a political weapon, by the US in all it's wars. For the purpose of defeating the enemies morale ... kill your leader, and abandon your post ... and we'll forgive you.

However, the problem here is the following. A War is not between individuals, therefore there are no individuals responsible. To try somone for war crimes, this must be done by "peers" and in this case, it must be done as a political entity between nations. Which is only possible, as a result of defeat in a war.

And after the war, the US was given a "life-long" pardon for all alleged crimes, commited and future ones. And that's a fact in the matter.

To put it in black and white for you. As long as the EU, has pussies that do US biddings and have no own agenda. There will be no such trials, and the reason for the EU being pussies in the matter ... is that, to pursue the criminal, you must a wage a war.

In short, to drag the US before a trial ... you must defeat them in a war.

edit on 23/6/2013 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join