It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterdays Women More Classy Than Today's?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Can you post pictures of today's women for comparison? Thanks.
Second line.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Second line.

Well Pink is the latest covergirl:

Sorry, that ain't classy. She can sing though.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I also fancy old pictures and find women in those much classy than today. Its not only celebrities who looked like that. next picture is my mom and grandmom.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Wow I want to say that your grandmom is very pretty. In fact even more prettier than the girls I have been seeing.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I never posted any because we all know the stars of today (Plus it saved me time and effort on this small tablet)...But here goes some for you

Lady Gaga

:

Beyonce

Kate Winslet

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
I also fancy old pictures and find women in those much classy than today. Its not only celebrities who looked like that. next picture is my mom and grandmom.

Just amazing...What a picture. They are both lovely. Your grandmom is so beautiful
. Thanks for posting that

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's relatively easy to look good when you have hair stylists, makeup artists, $1000 dresses and expert photographers working for you, or actually for the movie studio you've sold your soul to.

Those aren't 'women', they're more the modern equivalent of Greek and Roman statues.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is a young woman where I work who is not only extremely attractive, but has that 40/50's style and has period, vintage clothes (so no modern knock-offs).

She does her hair in a different 40/50s style everyday and always looks fabulous.

She barely wears any makeup and doesn't go for the tanned orange look.

Quite frankly, if I was single, and she was single....well, ya know

Apparently she gets loads of negative attention from other young women when she goes out (jealously?) but has the confidence to brush it off.

And I agree with some others here - a nice dress which leaves something to the imaginations is WAY sexier and attractive than leaving nothing to the imagination as most other young women seem to do

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Originally posted by darkbake

I had the same thought... And I think the black and white photography and hairstyles had something to do with it. These women were all in the top 100 most beautiful women of 2013 according to some magazine I didn't catch the name of. Some you probably know, others not, but I find grace, class and beauty in each one...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Couldn't agree more. And some of the older generation beauties helped with the war effort in different ways to. Can you see todays crop doing it...Not a chance unless huge amounts of cash were involved. But i sense most of them would be in there huge million dollar bunkers or personal islands!!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I'm sure those pictures from the old days, the cover models, still represented sex in some way.. But when I see pictures today, the movie stars and what not... It's more seductive.

I can agree that the pictures seemed to just go with the times, and what men then, thought of women and the way the women were dressed, were probably the same as today. Maybe it's just perspective. For example.. Back when the bikinis where just comming out, it was a big difference than the whole body suit style swimwear.

What was the showing of the ankle back then is like the middrift 10 years ago, and the bare ass of tomorrow.

We just take so much for granted that the norm gets more and more creepy with each passing year.

Attire 50 years ago would probably have Ben Franklin masterbating in his tube socks.. Today, we just look at it as nothing. Stil, I see beauty in these pictures of old. I see more conservative beauty, more for the imagination.

Still.. it's probably still all relative. But when I see one, I think "Beauty" and when I see the other, I think "Dirty, Kinky Sex".

ahh well...

I still think pinups are damn sexy!

edit on 23-6-2013 by theRhenn because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Oh yes they all look nice for sure. Its all about image and demand, And moving with the times. And of course huge amounts of cash. I wonder what the next 20 years or so will bring
. Still im sure i will still enjoy looking.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

It is my belief that at some point of the Sexual Revolution the old adages of "less is more" and "Leave something to the imagination" got lost in the shuffle to "Let it all hang out". When we look at what the media portrays as "sexy" we see scantily dressed women who leave very little, if anything, to be discovered. Younger women for the most part (and younger men as well) have no idea that a woman can be abundantly sexy whilst fully dressed and have become programmed to accept what the media deems as "sexy" today- which I personally consider to be more in line with"trampy" than "sexy".

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hi littled. Yes i agree with you fully. The most frightening aspect for me though is the amount of young girls wearing next to nothing, Who are still classed as children. Who look up to today's supposed "role models". Scary indeed. I wonder what these supposed role models will be telling there daughters in the future, When they are letting everything hang out!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On "Class"

To quote a once infamous local bar owner:
"Whaddya mean I've got no class. I got plenty of class... all of it LOW!"

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Ummm ... It does puzzle me when on any programme a singer is introduced a good,

and even exceptional singer!... and they come on wearing something like a swim suit, leotard,

corset, or shorts revealing half their rears

I enjoy their performances and think
... Was all that exposure necessary?? They would

have sounded just as good wearing clothes

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Was out and about in my town recently and saw a stunning young girl. She turned around and her whole left side was tattooed with words. I just don't get the obsession with tatting up your whole body these days that seems to be becoming the norm. I don't want to see someone else's artwork on a girl and words are even more awful.

I'd love to see what girls who have done that think when they are, say, 60 and not so hot with junk all over their bodies.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No disrespect to the ladies of today but I adore the ladies of the 40s and 50s.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
women have only become braver. it's become more accepted for them to dress in provocative ways. it sort of sad. girls go out showing everything off just to get attention. i rather a woman who conserves herself and attracts with a personality, though looks still matter. but thats nature

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
500 years ago women didn't need makeup to look beautiful. Sounds like the women are getting uglier imo.

A joke that still makes me laugh.

Q:Why do women wear perfume and makeup?

A: Cause they smell and are ugly.

If you can find a decent woman these days that doesn't wear any addition flashy coverings or jewelery, then you can really appreciate what a woman's beauty really means.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join