It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As I mentioned on the Daily mail website, the statue only seems to move through the day when people are walking around IMO it's vibration.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Prof Cox and others are taking it seriously by offering an explanation, so it's not a stunt.

If it's due to vibrations, why aren't the other statues moving?

Is it lighter than the other statues?

They could try moving it onto a different platform to see if it still does it.

Presumably they haven't done this yet...odd, but I suppose they're milking the publicity.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Someone is touching and turning it just a little each visit...(someone who is aware there is a camera pointing at it).

Thats my supernatural theory..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
As I mentioned on the Daily mail website, the statue only seems to move through the day when people are walking around IMO it's vibration.

A vibration that only causes a twist, not a slip?

Correlating its rotation with the numbers of people walking by is not a good enough reason to believe that mere vibration is at work - especially when other statues close by remain unaffected. It could be that a poltergeist is rotating it in order to attract attention. That would explain everything, much as it might be to many people's distaste as an explanation. Experiments need to be carried out to rule out conventional causes.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Two obvious questions are;
Why would a "curse" wait for more than eighty years before being activated?
And why would a curse choose that way to show itself? "I'm going to wreak terrible revenge on them by turning round in a circle"- doesn't really work.

Yes and on the other hand , how much money will such a claim bring in? Tourist will increase to see if it moves when they are near.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Double sided sticky tape could fix that problem, right quick....

Des

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that is only moving during the daylight hours?

I also thought of a magnetic cause, but that wouldn't explain why it is the only item in the case moving. Unless we know what material it (and all the other items in the case) are made of....

I wonder if they would get any movement if they locked down the exhibit for several days? I think this is a hoax
edit on 23-6-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Two obvious questions are;
Why would a "curse" wait for more than eighty years before being activated?
And why would a curse choose that way to show itself? "I'm going to wreak terrible revenge on them by turning round in a circle"- doesn't really work.

That is exactly what I was going to say!

And if it is vibrations causing it, why didn't it do it before? Why arn't the other statues moving? Seems to be a hoax.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It is believed that there is a curse of the pharaohs which strikes anyone who dares to take relics from a pyramid tomb

Were the Pyramids tombs?

That is the 10,000 year question, now isn't it?

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
Prof Cox and others are taking it seriously by offering an explanation, so it's not a stunt.

If it's due to vibrations, why aren't the other statues moving?

Becasue the other statues have a different surface composition and/or shape and/or friction in contact with the surface.

Is it lighter than the other statues?

weight is not an issue friction is.

They could try moving it onto a different platform to see if it still does it.

Presumably they haven't done this yet...odd, but I suppose they're milking the publicity.

My guess is somebody noticed that the uneven surface on the base of the statue, combined with an off balance weight, combined with a slightly tilted shelf makes the statute rotate. It needs a little vibrartion to reduce the friction ..........great for publicity though.

FYI. I work for a logisitics company and we transport things by road and rail. We currently have the potential for transporting some glass by rail BUT....the glass in the third pallet up rotates when transported by rail!!!!!!!! Freaky stuff.

Vibration and friction just like the statue.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Where in the video do you see anybody go in the glass case and move anything. Also, the video clearly shows it only turns during the day time when visitors are walking around. Nothing at closing time or until opening the next day. Did you watch the video or just comment without doing so?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I wonder, has the museum seen any recent additions to its equipment and infrastructure? Brian Cox, who is by all accounts, a jolly smart fellow, believes that vibration of some sort is responsible, and the object in question has been in the possession of the museum for eighty years, which means that whatever is causing the vibration is a new addition to the museum.

Just a thought.

Or perhaps vibrations from something under the museum or its underground vicinity, a change in Chunnel activity or the Underground? Whatever is the cause, congratulations to the curator for increased interest in the museum.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImagineAlldaPeople
reply to post by Expat888

Where in the video do you see anybody go in the glass case and move anything. Also, the video clearly shows it only turns during the day time when visitors are walking around. Nothing at closing time or until opening the next day. Did you watch the video or just comment without doing so?

That's also what I said, but no one appears to have noticed.
Another reason why I think it lends to a hoax

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If what it was carved out of is magnetically oriented, it may spin like the needle of a compass if there is some sort of vibration present. Many rocks are magnetically oriented. It has something to do with the formation of rocks. This is one way they identify if a rock is natural and how long ago it moved. It also is a way of tracking pole reversals throughout history.

I don't think it is supernatural myself. I would question why the vibration is increasing that allows it to turn though.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It only moves during the day. Someone is turning it little by little.. Amazing how it stops turning until the lights are on and everyone is there. Slow the video down and watch, it wouldn't be so interesting then, seeing a practical joke at normal speed.. Boring

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My observation:

Moves regardless of people moving past, so it isn't moving from the vibration of people walking by the case.

The passion of Osiris was reflected in his name 'Wenennefer" ("the one who continues to be perfect"), which also alludes to his post mortem power.

The cult of Osiris (who was a god chiefly of regeneration and rebirth) had a particularly strong interest in the concept of immortality.

Ptah-Seker (who resulted from the identification of Ptah with Seker), god of re-incarnation, thus gradually became identified with Osiris, the two becoming Ptah-Seker-Osiris. As the sun was thought to spend the night in the underworld, and was subsequently re-incarnated every morning.

Source

Perhaps the movement is timed with the rising and setting of the sun... just saying.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Who's to say that 'an ancient secret' and 'an accident of physics' cannot be one and the same thing ?

But that said your theory about a rogue soundwave should be checked for source as you say it could do damage to other more delicate exhibits.

Woody

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
These type of events will be increasing as the "quickening" and ultimate "cleansing" rapidly approaches.

Accompanying these types of events will be other high strangeness episodes reflecting religious or mystical occurrences.

The oz factors will soon be scaring the **** out of people; Especially skeptics. They won't be skeptics for long.

It can't get to weird for me!!! How about you?

edit on 23-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by christafinias

A vibration that only causes a twist, not a slip?

Correlating its rotation with the numbers of people walking by is not a good enough reason to believe that mere vibration is at work - especially when other statues close by remain unaffected. It could be that a poltergeist is rotating it in order to attract attention. That would explain everything, much as it might be to many people's distaste as an explanation. Experiments need to be carried out to rule out conventional causes.

At work nut's tend to spin (rotational movement) loose due to vibration and smooth surfaces, hence why we use anti-vibration washers. I suspect the statues base is rather smooth, like the surface it sits. its base may be warped/coned/ uneven explaining why it only rotates half way.
Don't get me wrong i'd love it to be supernatural/spiritual but with it only moving in the day, it just makes me think this.

thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The footage we've seen dates from the 2nd April until the 9th. Where's the footage from the following weeks? The museum administrators obviously don't want this "mystery" cleared up any time soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join