It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
either janitor or night security guard playing prank .. turning the statue around ..

Nah man, don't you know yet? It's the aliens coming back man. Really though they never left man.
They are sending us a message man, them aliens, by moving that statue, and only that statue.
It's the aliennsss mannn...or at least that's the explanation that some people around here always throw up.
I read the other day some thread, where some guy casually threw into his post midway how he "knows" about aliens in underground bases helping our governments spy on us. HAHA.
Wow.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think this is at Manchester Museum? If that is Manchester UK, then the museum is on one of Manchesters busiest roads, Oxford Road.

Not only does Oxford Road handle a lot of heavy traffic (buses, wagons) which run 24/7, its also in the middle of Manchester University, with campus buildings on both sides of the road. In fact the museum is part of the university. The traffic activity is highest during daylight hours, explaining why it moves more during the day.

So the "vibration theory" has a lot of creedence, however, I have to ask why it stops moving after 180 degrees? If the movement was caused by vibration, wouldn't it continue moving?

I think vibration is going to be the most likely explanation, but I would also offer "student prank" given its part of a massive university.
edit on 26/6/2013 by BMorris because: added my theory

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have to ask why the figure doesn't appear to have been touched since it stopped moving in the recording? Did they really not even try and repeat the experiment for another week, and was it because they were afraid of being cursed? The lack of curiosity emanating from a well regarded university complex is, tbh, embarrassing. Either the museum didn't think of doing any further tests, or they didn't want to because they didn't want the "mystery" solved too quickly. Neither puts the establishment in a very good light.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It says its been there for 80 years. Am I missing something? Human traffic and road traffic arent new variables to even be considered as the cause imo. Did the display case get changed recently?
edit on 26-6-2013 by Jahari because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Its been in the museum for 60 years maybe, but I'm pretty sure that the specific location of it is new, as they recently have a full refurbishment program going.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
From the video, it appears to only move in daylight hours...and not at night.
I'm assuming maybe a subway/ underground below the museum...with, unlike the other statues in the case, the bottom of this specific statue is not exactly flat and subject to movement through vibration from trains during transit hours..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Its hard for to buy into vibration hypothesis. Is the new location a higher traffic area? The bottom being off a little. A vibration strong enough to effect a object in a case should be strong enough to effect all the other objects in the case should it? Like putting a cup near a subwoofer. Im not sure they would put a museum over a subway or vice versa. Im leaning more towards PR hoax.

Do the trains stop running during the night? If its proven that trains run underground.
Why just 180 degrees? Why the flatter objects dont turn 90 degrees or at all?
edit on 26-6-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It moves by vibration. It only moves during the day when a bunch of people walk past it.
Clearly...it's a vibration thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

It doesn't only move during the day, it moves for a few minutes at night as well. Read my last post on the page before this one.

edit on 27-6-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Its been in the museum for 60 years maybe, but I'm pretty sure that the specific location of it is new

Cut and paste from what I said back on page 8:

- although the statue has been in the museum's collection since 1933, the new "Ancient Worlds gallery" that it sits in now was only opened in late 2012.
- the statue did not move, when it was in the original Egyptian Afterlife gallery.
- it was first noticed to move many months back. The blog posting is from February, and for me it looks like the statue has been moving basically ever since it was put in the new gallery.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
It moves by vibration. It only moves during the day when a bunch of people walk past it.
Clearly...it's a vibration thing.

Why it does not topple, and why it moves on its axis smoothly.

Try that with vibration. Wont happen. Do not believe me. Try with other objects in a lab.

It is an omen that foretells destruction for UK. Tell me the direction that statue faces when in turns on its own. That is the direction trouble will come from.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ramayan tells of the kingdom of Lanka, a kingdom that was very scientifically advanced and had a very powerful military. Lanka had airplanes, cannons, submarines, listening devices (for spying); that were far advanced from anything that other kingdoms had in that time.

However Lanka was an atheist kingdom. Its people believed in ancestor gods and indulged in sins.

Lanka fell at the zenith of its power, when nobody could think of even denting this kingdom.

Such is God's justice. The story of Ramayan is for all people and all ages, so that humans know that sins bring destruction.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Until someone proves that I am wrong, I am sticking with the vibrations theory. It is just too coincidental that the majority of the motion is during the day time.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Simple solution - fix the surface upon which it rests, by adding little "stops" - pegs or something - that hold the statue in place. This should stop any rotation from vibrations. If it turns after that, bypassing the stops, then they can talk "supernatural"!

My guess is that would solve the whole issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Im not sure if the shelving unit has a front on it? though I presume it has, being a museum, I think its a scam rather than vibrations.
edit on 28-6-2013 by eluusive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eluusive

It cannot be vibrations. Thats for sure.

Saw the video twice. There are lot of objects on the shelves which will topple in strong vibrations.

A statue will move rather than rotate if subject to strong vibrations.

This whole idea of rotating statue due to vibrations is hogwash.

However museum should investigate in a scientific manner and tell the public.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Latest "update" from the source that failed to mention it had known about this "phenomenon" since February.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

We are still getting enquiries now. What we want to do now is have some time, before the gallery closes on the 15th July for some maintenance work to the cases, to do some more rigorous experiments to test some of the theories that have been proposed and establish the precise cause of the movement.

How much time do these clowns need?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's fairly obvious they want the speculation and intrigue to continue, probably in hopes it will bring more paying customers to the museum. Anyone with a brain has concluded it's caused to move by vibration, and some simple double sided tape or earthquake safety putty stuff on the bottom would stop it from moving. They want the publicity at this point.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Have you ever seen a stone statue rotating due to random vibrations? What do you mean people with brain. People with brain do experiments in the lab before opening their mouth.

A stone object with flat bottom placed on glass will move rather than rotate by random strong vibrations. You can try this yourself if you want to know the truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

It did not rotate fast, the fact that it only moves very very slowly during daytime when people are near walking past it hardly needs any scientific recreation. It's just common sense. The video is on time lapse and was recorded for several days so no supernatural for me.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join