It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
why dont they just move the piece to another location in the museum and see what happens

Ya while cool why don't they just move it and see what happens? dum dum dum.

There could be many reasons, most of the reasons given such as its magnetic, its bottom is curved allowing it to sort of turn at the slightest vibrations, its base is off, its structure is sensitive to sound, to the whole case could be purposefully made so that particular statue is effected, the glass casings its on is not exactly straight, all and any theories could be solved by moving the statue to another case and place and seeing what happens. Or if like people say its the vibration of people walking by. Well test it out, get a bunch of people or a machine to stomp on the floor and see if it moves, or if its somehow magnetic, well get a magnet and test out that theory. All of which will not be that hard to do.

I mean it could be a real phenomenon, or it could be a hoax perpetuated by the curators to get more people to come to there museum or it could just be anything and everything in between, you can miss a lot based on just watching a vid, we don't even know how heavy the statue is, or anything really beyond that we see it slowly turning all of a sudden in the video. If its a new phenomenon and the statue recently started rotating, how come it never did that before? Could be just as easily answered by the fact that it only just recently started turning when it got placed in the area it is now.

So ya! move it and see if it still turns. That or tape or glue it down and problem solved. Or you can always pray to Osiris to stop messing with the statue, however Osiris like all gods will probably not be listening. Or they can go the route our ancestors did and sacrifice a chicken or goat to the moving statue.
Me myself I personally blame Osiris or Anubis for all the moving statues in the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
You need to look at the video again!!!
It is the SUN !
at 6:50am the first and 3'rd morning it starts moving.
people only come it at 9pm.
its turning away from the sun?

Again problem easily fixed or tested. Place it in another case were the sun if hitting it from another direction and see if it continues to spin away from the sun. In fact why not take it outside and put it on a glass table during a sunny day and see if it does the same and turn its back to the sun. I suspect the museum is not going to do it because this little mystery is bringing in more people to see the statue. Which is cool and all, but its not like the whole thing can not be easily tested, sometimes by something as simple as picking it up and placing it in about a foot away from that particular spot its in now.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What struck me, is that it only moves when people are around and not at night. Which makes me think that the statue is uneven and the vibration from the people make it turn in the cabinet. If it happened at night too without any people around, then I might think otherwise.

So in summary, I'll chop it up to vibrations in the floor.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
it could be that it has waited patiently but soon it must be returned to it's rightful home for some coming event and it is letting people know in a nice way it could get worse if they don't return it

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I found a much clearer video of the event in another website, and I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. After looking closer at the video, I found that it DOES move at night a few times, when there is no traffic, and no lights.

So I must take back what I said in my previous posts, and rethink my theory.

Please watch the video closely.

This seems to be the most clear version I can find:
www.ebaumsworld.com...

At 0:08 seconds, after the lights are off, you can see the base still moves for a few minutes after everyone is gone.
edit on 24-6-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Rule-1: Do not disturb tombs/graves.

This rule is violated by getting into tombs and removing objects.

Rule-2: If you do receive dead people's possessions, bury them again in the same place or elsewhere.

This rule is broken by placing the object above ground in a museum.

Although a scientific mind is good, making fun of ancient knowledge is worse.

This is a bad omen and will result in loss to UK, no doubts at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Totally agreed, it needs to go back to whence it came.

There may be an added bonus to that, I honestly get the impression it's a device/key.. they may actually learn something of value.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If I was in charge of Manchester Museum, I'd tell Osiris in no uncertain terms, either you do something more impressive - and while our extremely clever chaps from Manchester University are documenting it - or you wont be going anywhere, as us Mancunians aren't in the least intimidated by a 10" figurine(yes, you're not really big enough to be called a "statue") that has the awesome power of almost being able to spin round once.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Havent you guys seen Star Wars: "USE THE FOOOOOORCE LUKE, LIFT THE SPACESHIP FROM THE SWAAAAAAMP"

I think the same concept applies in this case.
edit on 25-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If anyone noticed, it appears to only move during the daytime. Maby the Sun/ movement of the Earth has something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAre0ne
Hey everyone, I found a much clearer video of the event in another website, and I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. After looking closer at the video, I found that it DOES move at night a few times, when there is no traffic, and no lights.

So I must take back what I said in my previous posts, and rethink my theory.

Please watch the video closely.

This seems to be the most clear version I can find:
www.ebaumsworld.com...

At 0:08 seconds, after the lights are off, you can see the base still moves for a few minutes after everyone is gone.
edit on 24-6-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

Good call! On first viewing, it seemed "obvious" that floor vibration from foot traffic was causing the statue to move because I only saw it moving when there were people milling around. But I looked at your link and watched more closely.... and I do see that it moves when it is dark and there are no people too -- just not as much.

For example, watch the timestamp in the upper right. From 2013/04/03 20:13:23 - 22:37:23 you will see the museum is dark and there is no apparent foot traffic, but the statue does indeed move during this time.

This doesn't prove it isn't vibration. It could be outside traffic or something else. But it does make it look like foot traffic isn't the cause (or only cause, I should say).

Cool video. There is likely a mundane explanation for it, but it's fun to speculate on other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
If anyone noticed, it appears to only move during the daytime. Maby the Sun/ movement of the Earth has something to do with it?

You are aware the earth still moves when the sun goes down right?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The fact that it moves only slightly at night further indicates this is caused by vibration. You can see people walking by outside the door when the museum is closed. There is probably a street there and the vibration of the cars moves it slightly, maybe only when a big truck goes by or during rush hours, then the museum opens and the foot traffic next to the case produces much more vibration causing the steady movement during the day.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

the next step would be to relocate the statue to a controlled environment and see what it does

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Good to see not only my statue does this kind of thing. Mine goes in a straight line once in a while leaving a clean trail through the dust. It doesn't do this often(usually waits for some dust) or it could possibly be explained by music vibration or something, but nothing else moves so it is independent.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by Signals

What struck me, is that it only moves when people are around and not at night. Which makes me think that the statue is uneven and the vibration from the people make it turn in the cabinet. If it happened at night too without any people around, then I might think otherwise.

So in summary, I'll chop it up to vibrations in the floor.

Agree! a very good observation. I think the statue is movable and a slight touch or pull from visitors can make it move a little bit which leads to the "moving itself" phenomenon in the video played at very high speed. Nothing mysterious here.

edit on 25-6-2013 by Xnibiru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
perhaps its a form of psycho-kinetics, or a beam of some sort, aliens?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I asked someone who works at a museum. This sort of thing happens to smaller artifacts all the time. Smooth glass and smooth base of object plus vibration of visitors footsteps equals motion.

No mystery, not a publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What can i say?....
The wonders of Magnetism + a Museum seeking visitors?

I bet after this it will be flooded by visitors!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Someone needs to take a level to that glass and even it out, it's a bit high on the front end.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join