It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes definitely the uneven base of the statue and the uneven floor boards the display case is on, vibrating ever so slightly as people walk past (like how mobile phones with vibrate on will 'walk' across a table. I bet if you were a fatty and jumped up and down right in front of it it would move a days worth in a matter of minutes!

Still its a pretty fun-spooky thing to see happen

edit on 24-6-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a few nails ore pattex will stop turning it...end of curse
edit on 24-6-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by Signals

A high ferrous content in the statue, causing it to swing toward magnetic North?, Assuming that the direction to which it moves is North of course.

But, the article states that it just started happening... I like the explanation. Could be there is a recent magnetic shift in the area?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by litlirishone

So 6 days and 6 nights.
Why didn't they record more?
Maybe on the 7th day the museum was closed and the statue didn't move?

Close the museum for one day and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love these kind of stories, reminds me of when I was a kid just glued to the set watching That's Impossible!

No doubt the Egyptians had anti-gravity technology, but in this case I've got to think someone's pulling our leg somewhere. Because even anti-grav needs the tools of such to work, it isn't just automatically built into or still affected once those tools aren't working on it. Certainly can't be a ghost. Common sense to me says that the owners are just looking for a bit of publicity. Money.

Funny how O's Razor works beautifully almost all the time. (sorry can't seem to spell it usually though)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

These objects and the other 80% of all Egyptian artefacts that are now in UK museums should be sent back to Egypt with a letter of apology.
reply to post by Ramcheck

No, just a letter. "Finders Keepers!"

Though to be fair, given Egypt's present and past states of civil wars and general national disasters, how many of these artifacts would be lost, stolen or destroyed if still in there?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would like to point out that glass is actually a liquid believe it or not. If that statue has been sitting in the same place then I would think a ever so slight warp combined with the heating and cooling of the glass base during the day may have some effect.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
they should check with my ex-wife.....

that's pretty the same move she would make when sex was brought up

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Or maybe is the museum moving while the statue tends to stand still,or maybe the island is moving...who knows.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good question. I certainly think not.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Anyone with some form of logic would first notice it moves while people are walking around lol some curse but you never know..

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Its moving from vibrations.... get some blu-tack, sorted.... next!

"Blu-Tack defeating the Egyptian gods statue curse @ $5.98 a pack"
edit on 24-6-2013 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by nake13

Magnetic pole shift in progress?

If so, how can you explain about the motionlessness of other statues placed near this moving status.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Xnibiru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rimax
Anyone with some form of logic would first notice it moves while people are walking around lol some curse but you never know..

The little bugger starts to move before people arrive and after they have gone. In other words, when the lights are on. Look for yourself.
edit on 24-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
it has to be foot step vibrations, cause if you watch the video it only moves during the day when people are walking around in the video, when the people stop passing by it stops moving.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
it has to be foot step vibrations, cause if you watch the video it only moves during the day when people are walking around in the video, when the people stop passing by it stops moving.

Have another look!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My question is why isn't anything else moving, and why does it stop after only turning 180 degrees. If oit was due to it being un even then it would still keep turning. Not stop all of a sudden.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I googled "Osiris turns his back"Link

This reads like a pagan chant, with differing persons speaking different roles. But Osiris turns his back on the "Lady of All". In so doing, he turns his back on his own family as well. This gives the impression that Osiris is giving responsibility of the lower deities to vanquish his enemies, thus allowing him to turn back around to see Peace.

I can only find "The Lady of All" title in Christian religious texts, as Mary. Then I found this text. Seems the Mother is quite literally that, The Mother.

Now, someone do some mapping. What is this offering to Osiris turning its back on?

Oh yes, in turning his back to her he is facing West.
edit on 23-6-2013 by SeenAlot because: Cause I wasn't done, yet

Could he be turning his back on the Sun (light)? If he faces West, that would be away from the rising sun.

I watched the clip frame by frame and found a short period on the April 4th between 05:00 and 08:00 in the morning where the statue turns as the sun comes up. It appears that there is no foot traffic during this time.

Here's the thing, I looked at the museums hours and it does not open until 10:00 am in the morning.

I am not too well versed in video editing software so I am still trying to work out how to edit the clip for that specific time period .... any experts out there?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This reminds me of a chair at my Grandparent's house. It's an old swivel rocker that has been in the same spot, facing east, for probably 10 years. A few years ago it started turning to face south EVERY night. It doesn't ever move (on it's own) during the day. They live way out in the country so it's not road vibrations. My Grandma used to think it was Gramps messing with her in the night since she's so anal about everything being in it's place but it continued to turn in the night even after his passing so it wasn't that. It's a mystery...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I looked again and though it does appear to move before people are there, I think this is because the video is sped up. We don't notice the people til there's a bigger crowd zooming by, but I believe there are still people walking by when it starts moving. I could be wrong... if someone could slow the video to normal recorded speed we would know for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join