It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tightrope walker. A fascination with danger?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am about 80% sure he will make it... He is a very good tight rope walker... Only thing that will maybe kill him is something out of his control.. The wire breaks, wind picks up, a bird hits him in the face ect..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wish him luck. Although I would never dare to do something like this, I can see why he would choose to push the limits.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There is supposedly a connection to serotonin deficiencies in the brain for some of the thrill seekers. As I have read it, some people only get a mild thrill because they are already deprived in a chemical way.

I don't know, I am not in the guy's head, after all. I wish him the best of luck. I won't watch, I am one of those people that get up and walk around when movies have dangerous scenes (which is ridiculous), so I can't imagine something live!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
BUMP.Its Showtime folks!Incredible this family has been doing this since the early 1900's.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
"Man on Wire" - Between the WTC buildings, 1974.

Pretty interesting guy that Philippe Petit...

Some quotes:

Life should be lived on the edge of life. You have to exercise rebellion: to refuse to tape yourself to rules, to refuse your own success, to refuse to repeat yourself, to see every day, every year, every idea as a true challenge - and then you are going to live your life on a tightrope. (from Man on Wire) www.quotefully.com...

We live in a world where our senses are dulled by so many images, where we surrender ourselves to little robots. I hate my century, I hate what`s going on around me, so I don`t participate. I don`t have a laptop, I don`t have a cellphone, I can`t send an email. I`m an imbecile! But I say that with pride. www.quotefully.com...

If I die, what a beautiful death! www.quotefully.com...

"I can not kill the child in me. I refuse" Philippe Petit

Philosophy on Life. During the Q&A session after his talk, Philippe Petit provided insight into his philosophy on life that was so logical and straight-forward that it makes everyone else look crazy for not having walked a tightrope between the World Trade Centers. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Watching online........

S&F

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for participating in the thread and tuning in!

I'm going between this and RED (on TNT
)
edit on 23-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Twitter is blowing up right now.Like 150,000.Wow!#SKYWIRE

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
watching on the tv right now.....the wallendas have a history from way back, always without a net. Thnere was a bad fall once when they did the pyramid, a couple were killed.

I remember at least 20 years ago, in a readers digest article there was a wallenda, a girl, she was I think in her early twentys and had cancer which required her to have her lower leg removed below the knee, she had an artifical leg, and somehow was able to relearn to do the tightrope which is incredible with an artificial leg.

her name was angel wallenda

Angel Wallenda, who defied cancer by walking the high wire on an artificial limb after her right leg was amputated just below the knee, died Friday (May 3, 1996) at a hospital in Sayre, Pa.

Mrs. Wallenda, 28, lived in Mansfield, Pa., about 25 miles southwest of Elmira, N.Y.

The hospital refused to disclose the cause of death.

Mrs. Wallenda was 17 and a novice on the high wire in 1985 when she married into the Wallenda family, famous for its aerialists and acrobats. She gave her final performance March 4, 1990, at Mansfield University.

She had already lost her leg and was facing cancer surgery for the third time in four years when a roaring crowd …

edit on 23-6-2013 by research100 because: added paragraph

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hope a bird doesnt land on his balancing poll.

Does anyone have a link to a UK friendly online stream? skywire.discovery.com/live.html is being very anti-British right now.

Edit : I found a uk friendly stream

Discovery Stream

edit on 23-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I can't stand the tension!I'VE GOT BEER AND WHITE ZINFANDEL in the fridge!Come to daddy.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its a bit windy isnt it?

The guys got balls for sure. Im hoping this is getting more coverage than that guy who jumped out that balloon a few months back for RdBull. In my book this takes so much more skill than just falling for a few miles.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There he goes!He's praising Jesus as he's walking!At halfway point now.
edit on 23-6-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am surprised he is talking so much.

I would be telling everyone to shut up.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
*whew*

This is something else!

Almost done!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just Crazy.

This guy has some huge.................................................................................. Feet!

Congrats!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Success is always sweet.He'sdone it!!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
OMG that was tense

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thank God!! He made it!!!!

This was a great feat,
If I was him I would retire................like a CHAMPION.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Slackwire over the Grand canyon next?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join