It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks pays UK corporation tax for first time since 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by uncommitted

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by stumason

So far they've paid 5 million and are due to pay another 5 million, in good faith. Last year alone they made 400 million in profit. They might be operating within the law but cmon now, put back into the system, dont be tight.

Have you ever paid or received money 'cash in hand' to avoid VAT for a bit of let's say building or plumbing work? If you haven't then you are probably either lucky to have never needed to or unlucky for not being given the option. Each time anyone of us does this then we are avoiding paying tax, I wonder how much that would add up to.

I'm not saying what Starbucks is doing is morally right, but legally sadly it's something they can more to international (not country specific) tax laws and we all seem so shocked because of the scale of avoidance rather than the actual act.

I bet cash in hand tax avoidance isn't as much of a problem as multinational companies not paying tax on their earnings.

Not sure that's the point, it's the same principle,but due to its nature, that's not something you can really calculate anyway.

<< 1   >>

join