It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the 'poodle cat': New Breed Declared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by winofiend

OMG I love these cats!

I knew someone years ago who use to breed these cats. They require a lot of personal care and attention but are very sweet! I'd love one but my two pets already take a lot of my time when it comes to grooming!

Years ago?
But the news article says they are a "new breed".

Are you sure it was the same ones?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OMG!!!! I love to come to BTS, because, I laugh hysterically. I love the look of the cat. My cat is pretty cool. We had 2 English Mastiffs, and it is funnier than hell to see a 20 pound cat, yes you read that right, punk out a dog that outweighs it by 7 times!!!

Of course, the saying goes, the first animal in the house is the Alpha, and the cat is just that. We no longer have the Mastiffs, they don't live long, but we do have a 23 pound Daschund, that the cat lets him think he has the upper hand, probably because the cat knows he's nuts, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Funny!

I had a 20 lb. cat. Loved him like crazy! He's the one I had to put to sleep a few years ago.

Got any pics to share? I'd love to see your baby.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow I bet a few of them would make a cool winter coat

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Probably as good as a few monkeys would.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Don't get me wrong I love my Kitty but I just don't like any pedigree animal be it dogs or cats, they have more health problems and end up as a broken kind of animal, just look at King Charles spaniels etc, not fair on any living animal to be born into a broken pain ridden body.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I wish I knew how to post them if I had them, But, I was partaking in a few one night and watching Men in Black, and Bob, the cat was laying on my chest, and Orion came on, I looked at him, then the tv, then back at the cat, and told him he needs to go on a diet, and I wanted to know how much he got paid to be in the movie.

We were talking about how old he was, and he's about 12 yrs old. We adopted him from the animal hospital. I know I'll be tore up when he goes. Knowing my luck, it will be a situation, no one will believe. When I had to bury our female Mastiff, Another pet we got from the animal hospital, she was born with a club foot. Someone apparently just dumped her off somewhere, she was also at least 2 years old also. I don't think anyone in Hollywood could think it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The article is wrong. They are not a new breed at all, they have been around for at least 20-30 years. Selkirk Rex have even been genetically tested to see if they share the same curly gene as either the devon rex or the cornish rex.

I know someone that bred them for about 10 years. They are very affectionate but quiet kitties. Their fur is very thick and plush, it feels like a cross between a Persian and a British short hair. Most of them have longer fur than the grey and white one pictured. Google Selkirk rex images and you will see their standard look. I am partial to the black and blue smoke ones myself! Oh, and the last time I checked they were $800-1500 for a pet quality kitten.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Really? Oh, good!

Now I can sue them for false advertising, be awarded loads of money, quit my job, buy a little spot in Hawaii, and live the good life in my golden years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join