It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by citizenx1
You just won't have it - the US is worse than the other countries you slate because it does the same things and tries to pretend it is in favour of individual freedoms..

Again .. prove it. You say this over and over ... and yet provide no proof that the USA is worse than China and Russia. I have given proof that the USA isn't nearly as bad as China and Russia. You have not been able to counter that. Epic fail on your part.

Everyone has their own definitions as to what is worse. It is a subjective measure.

It is therefore not possible to "prove" one way or another. If you cannot accept the principle that it is exceptionally bad form to pretend to be a free country of free people whilst being anything but then that is up to you.

In societal terms, China has been many years behind the west. The same was true in an industrial and commercial sense. In the next few years they'll become the largest economy in the world, their levels of freedom, like it or not, are improving.

Basic premise is: the east and China in particular are in the ascendant whilst the west is in decline. Your old view of your own country and of China are rapidly becoming as out of date as your views on the US.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Well good news for Mr. Snowden!

Really?

So he will spend the rest of his days away from family and friends hiding in some foreign country always looking over his shoulder. He's had his 15 minutes of fame but it has cost him dearly. The public will forget all about him soon but the agencies that are pursuing him won't.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Wisescarab

Since you are new here ... lemme' explain something to you. YOU made the statement that the USA does the same things (forces abortions; throws big numbers of Americans in jail for years without charging them or without trial; puts people in jail for years for singing anti-Obama songs). It's up to YOU to prove your statement is correct. Otherwise .. it's just you spouting nonsense.

As for your FOX news rhetoric .... straw man absurdum.

That would be a waste of time for me to try to do that, as you will just gainsay everything and cover your eeyes and chant USA USA as you have done in every one of your posts. If we want to get into that, you made the statement that America has more freedoms than these countries, which will require you to post proof. Then I will have to go and post something to counter that, and then both of our sundays are pretty much spent with no change.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I really find it amazing that when my own Govt. does "spying" its justified in the name of National Security, but when anyone else does it, its Treason....

And when the SHTF for our own Govt. they decide to come out with reports that their spying has foiled over 50 terrorist attacks.... Really???? Talk about a figure that can't be proven right. I guess we will never know, but I doubt that the US Govt. has broken up 50+ terrorist attempts due to their spying on us. Because we ALL KNOW that the US Govt. LOVES the press whenever they do anything right (which isn't often) so when a terrorist plot is eliminated you know they would be patting themselves on the back to the media..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisescarab

Straw man absurdum ... again. So you refuse to back up what you post?
Okay ... then I'll just have to write it off as rhetoric .... bu-bye.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
All the attention on Snowden's acts is really frustrating. Do we really know to what extent he informed China? Could it have been anything groundbreaking if the Chinese have such an extensive surveillance program of their own? Could China and Russia be aware of the US spying on them anyway? I think while the US people are so divided on whether he's a hero or traitor no other countries want to aquiesce to the states and get involved with their internal mess.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Im thinking now, if Russia is aiding an enemy of the USA....dont that make them an enemy?
I remember an article a few days ago that told the world airlines not to fly snowden.

Im waiting for this to unfold, should be interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I don't think so at least, Russia has been supportive of Assange. If I was Snowden, I might stay in Russia, but Iceland is also a good choice.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He's off to Moscow on his way to "freedom"?

Its more like from the frying pan (U.S.) into the Fire (Russia).

These digs at Russia are old and tiring. They're battling their own demons from within - who isn't?

Outwardly - They're making their American and British counterparts look like retards.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They are reporting on CNN...that he has already landed in Russia...there was a car waiting for him (in a special place) and he has been taken to somewhere (as of now) that the U.S. does not know about; other than he is somewhere (right now) in Moscow.

edit on 23-6-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I hope they can keep him safe. If we had a few more of him in the US we might change the tide.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"By the people, for the people"

If we (the people) don't want anything done to Snowden, shouldn't that be enough? Or does the Govt. not really work for us???

edit on 23-6-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol Please re-read my posts. I said that America is 'failing' on these issues, which it clearly is ( have you seen whats going on? ). I never said America was worse I said that they all seem equally bad to me for 'different' reasons, so get your facts right.

Ignorance really is bliss for some people.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Only when its politically convenient does the "People" count....after the elections we are nothing but slaves to fuel the corporations that pay for politicians to make their "Run" for the office.
edit on 23-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Coincidence or not? Two cars from the Ecuadorean embassy outside the terminal at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport where Edward Snowden is believed to have landed.

Edward Snowden leaves Hong Kong for Moscow: live updates
edit on 23-6-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: blah

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Im watching RT online at the moment, they have some pretty good coverage; they have been continuously covering it now for 2 hours plus.

They are reporting that there are Ecuadorian Diplomats at the airport with him at the moment, the press are currently gathered outside the airport waiting close to the diplomatic vehicles they arrived in.

Im not sure if this has been confirmed but they are also reporting that there has been some issues with his 'papers' as he does not have a visa. Apparently they are still attempting to resolve this inside the airport.

rt.com...
edit on 23/6/13 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you Russia!

Did i just say that?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He's off to Moscow on his way to "freedom"?

Its more like from the frying pan (U.S.) into the Fire (Russia).

I was just thinking the same thing. He's now in a situation entirely beyond his control in a whole different kind of way. I sincerely hope he didn't believe there would be anything of value he could decide he didn't want to share. Ugh... My other thread about crossing lines is kinda moot depending on where and how long it takes for him to pop back out of Russia. If he does.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think its all stupid, this shows how humans just get themselves into trouble with each other, one builds something evil, has to hide it, another wants to expose but does so by giving it to people just as ruthless as the people who build this crap, i give up, go ahead humans, have at each other, morons.

"a world war was announced days ago, but they didn't know-the lazy sunbathers. The sun burns through to the planets core but it isnt enough, they want more" - morrissey.
edit on 23-6-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join