It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Plane is now in transit and Hes not on!

It certainly gets more interesting by the second! Nice move though

Surely he cant have left the airport and if so, it certainly seems like he is getting more help from the Russians than your average person.
edit on 24/6/13 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/6/13 by HumanPLC because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This Snowden affair is far worse than Wikileaks.

The spying is the heart of NWO. This is what makes it so powerful.

US will do anything to get its hands on Snowden. They will probably torture him to death.

He is not safe in South America. Only Russia and China have the means to keep him safe. He better hide in some underground bunker.

I do not know but they may send an impersonator to South America in his place. This guy is too valuable.

Anybody who thinks an American can take on NWO spying on home turf, is daydreaming. American life has no value or consequence to these people.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
Plane is now in transit and Hes not on!

It certainly gets more interesting by the second! Nice move though

Surley he cant have left the airport and if so, it certainly seems like he is getting more help from the Russians than your average person.

How do you know he's not on it? did he forget his duty free sunscreen?
(btw, you really like the "edit button" don't you... having trouble keeping up !

uhm... I just read... ruvr text * gets hairdye back out of packet*

edit on 24-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A Voice of Russia’s correspondent has boarded the airliner bound for Havana, Cuba. She says the boarding is over and the plane doors are closed. The crew is preparing to take off. Snowden is missing.

14:33
The plane, carrying out flight SU150 Moscow-Havana, flew out of the airport "Sheremetyevo". Edward Snowden is not on board.
Read more: english.ruvr.ru...

edit on 24-6-2013 by MiesN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Just a thought.... he might be with the pilots. Most secure place on a plane. Plus, his vacabt seat plant doubt of wheter he is onboard or not, thus if it is worth a try to force a landing. He might as well emerge from pilots' cabin just before landing... Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiesN
Just a thought.... he might with the pilots. Most secure place on a plane. Plus, his vacabt seat plant doubt of wheter he is onboard or not, thus if it is wort a try to force a landing. Hw might as well emerge from pilots' cabin just begore landing... Just a thought.

You just read my mind! SPOOKY!!

But then again, If I'm smart enough to think of that ( and no offence to you) but surely TMIB may have thought of that also?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Sure they can, but it is one thing to risk an international scandal knowing 100% that the target is onboard, and completely different to risk it being unsure. WHAT IF he really ISN'T there and plane would be forced to land? Every nation would have a field day with US after that. As I said, botomless dirt pit.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
by the looks of the current flightpath, plan looks to be heading towards Iceland!!

gets more interesting by the minute!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anyone who think he will be killed is wrong. The US can't touch him. certainly not kill him. The worst thing that can happen is him being taken in custody because then he'l probably get drugged. Not so much torture.

On the other hand it isn't to smart for him to dissapear, because a seal team is easily send

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ecuadorian Foreign Minister holding live press conference now:

He's reading out Snowden's request for asylum - reasons.

Says Ecuador acts in relation to Human Rights and puts them above all of its interests these principles, always, the principles of the universal declaration of human rights. This goes above any other interest that may be discussed or any other pressure we may be subjected to...

Press Conference
edit on 24-6-2013 by Archie because: updating link

edit on 24-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ecuadorian Foreign Minister's Press Conference continued...

This man (Snowden) is being persecuted by the ones who should be explaining to the world what they are doing.

We would also like to say the word treason has been batted around in recent days and we must reflect on this. We must ask who has betrayed who. Perhaps it is the case that some citizens are not loyal to fellow citizens and the rest of humanity when they expose the risk and dangers we are all facing. Is that not loyalty?

There is an accusation that is being presented in relation to global espionage that is not only affecting US citizens but every citizen in the world that would violate the rights of every citizen. Is that treason or committing treason against only the elites in power. Wouldn't it be more useful to avoid such suffering of hundreds of thousands of people? The invasion of Iraq was based on completely false information. Wouldn't it have been convenient for that to be known before hundreds of thousands would have been murdered and killed and the suffering of a nation avoided?

The question is treason against who and treason to whom? Was Snowden betraying our principles or betraying humanity or was Snowden betraying only the interests of certain elite groups in certain countries?

The government would like to give some information regarding the contents of its Constitution and how we have to deal with the request for asylum presented by Mr Snowden and this must be related to certain articles in our constitution:

This espionage plan of listening to phone calls and looking at emails world wide would be a violation because it could access our journalistic sources and information which is reserved and should be protected because it's held in Ecuador and Article 20 guarantees the secrecy of sources.

The Ecuadorian State is also run by Article 40 in relation to Human Beings and their condition. It says, "We will not identify or will not consider any human being as illegal - no human being will be considered illegal because of their status. We could consider that some people have an irregular immigration problem but to us not one person is 'illegal'.

Article 41 says that we recognise the asylum rights in accordance with the laws and international agreements of human rights., People needing asylum should have rights to exercise their freedom and the State should exercise its freedom of the right of non-return and instead rendering humanitarian assistance.

International Laws also need to be considered:

The fact that the UN, in 1968, issued a resolution speaking about the dangers of new technology and the necessary protection of people's privacy and honour and fundamental rights.

There are other articles in the Declaration of Human Rights 1948 in relation to which it says all signatory States are bound by Article 12,, that no-one should be subjected to interference in their private life, their home nor their correspondence. Every person has the right to protection of their privacy.

Article 9 - Freedom of opinion and expression. The right to opinion and freedom to express through any mode that opinion.

The Amendments 4 and 5 of the US Constitution also speaks of things in relation to these topics.

Mr Edward Snowden, we'd like to say, as all of us know, has arrived in the Russian Federation and the Government of Ecuador has been maintaining respectful and diplomatic contact with the Russian Government and has informed them that Ecuador is CONSIDERING Mr Snowden's asylum request so that the Russian Government may make the best decision with reference to international laws and norms in relation to this case.

Questions:

Q: Do you know where Snowden is?
A: Maybe but I'm not going to tell you (okay, i made that bit up).

Sorry, the translation's a bit iffy but that's the general jist.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Archie because: BTW mods, before you delete due to excessive quoting - this was a done live and as yet, this is not up on any other web sites at the time of posting so it couldn't be quoted from. okay?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
so where has the flight that Edward isn't on landed? I'm getting playback modus... surely he could not have landed now ( near Iceland) ?

and @ Archie thanks for link to live conference btw.
and he (Patino) did basically state that even if he knew he couldn't state the whereabouts of E.S ;-)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yeah i noticed the same, flight radar no longer seem to be tracking the flight!

Ive checked it using flight tracker and it seems to be still on route.

uk.flightaware.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC

Yeah i noticed the same, flight radar no longer seem to be tracking the flight!

Ive checked it using flight racker and it seems to be still on route.

uk.flightaware.com...

now that should tell us he most likely is on that flight! thanks for link!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
After reading a few comments here at the guardian.co.uk website, I have to ask if anyone else has seen any evidence that Snowden was ever actually in Moscow?

Snowden yesterday fled Hong Kong... No Russian officials have confirmed he ever arrived,

But Miriam pointed out that Snowden had never actually been sighted in Moscow, and there was actually no real evidence that he had ever been in Russia at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I've been thinking the same thing alfa1.

Has anyone said they acutely saw him on the flight to Russia?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As i was following Twitter yesterday i noticed that someone posted a photograph that claims to be Snowden departing from the plane. I do have to concede though that this is only really proof that Snowden was on a plane at some point in the past.

I have examined it to see if there are any identifying features but no joy.

I wont embed as the up loader has specified all rights reserved but here is the link to it.

edit on 24/6/13 by HumanPLC because: changed link to image

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

If he isn't (wasn't) In Moscow, than this is, in my opinion, HUGE. Let me explain...

It is one thing to aid some fugitive fleeing US (regardless of the reasons) and completely another thing is coordinated and OPEN effort on part of (at least) Honk Kong and thus China, Russia and Ecuador to decieve US special agencies and officialdom with PUBLIC false statements and misleading actions (like this heightened security while boarding SU150) and live nonstop coverage of it all. Syrian affair comes nowhere near as damaging (long term) to US reputation as rule-setter, because Syria and ME in general is a place, where all countries had SOME interests, but not vital ones. Besides Syria is international affair, and China and Russia have some legal clout as permanent members of UNSC. Snowden, however, is directly US-related matter. I doubt that this is first coordinated ops on part of China,Russia et al to hamper US intentions, but it is first time so public and in-your-face one. I think it is why US officialdom is so enraged (if theory of Snowden never been to Moscow is true). It is a global stand-off. Litmus test. If USA will not deal with Snowden one way or another, it would show OPEN shift in power centres to the world. What exactly Snowden can say is of no importance at this point. It is the fact itself. OPEN DISOBEDIENCE to global dominance. A challenge. And in this line falls statements of State Department that it notified China AND RUSSIA of Snowden's passport revocation (why notify Russia if his supposed trip to Moscow was was all of a sudden - on a surface, anyway? Promise (threat?) by Kerry and Schumer "of grave consequences" is falling in line too. Image of all-powerfullness is openly at risk, thus the rage. In this case I expect US to go REALLY out of the way to either capture Snowden or terminate him. Damage to US rep would be immense if he would be found killed, but long term damage to the same rep if he would live relatively free as a proof of US' short-handnerss would be even greater - if US want to remain 'sole superpowe' or at least look like one.

Update -
Russian Prosecutor General Yury Chaika and Carlos Ramirez, president of Ecuador's Court of Justice, discussed extradition issues in Moscow, Interfax reported. "The Russian Prosecutor General spoke about the importance of maintaining a direct dialogue in order to make cooperation more successful and to create an effective mechanism of countering new challenges and threats," said statemenet published on Russian Prosecutor General's Office.
Read more: english.ruvr.ru...

It goes THIS far up... of course officialy there is no relation to Snowden, but given the time of statement.. Prosecutor's office is one of most powerful law enforcement agencies in Russia. And if PG himself is ordered into this cover story.. well.. just a bit more to prove my points ( IF Snowden wasnt in Moscow)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Snowden is on the run !!!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MiesN

You're right, it has become open disobedience. The Ecuadorian FM underlined it in his press conference with some seriously strong language directed at the US -"exactly who has betrayed whom", the surveillance programs are harming the people and only "benefiting elites in certain countries" and then the list of the Human Rights violations PRISM breaches... wow.

I reckon all of Ecuador's reasons for considering the asylum request that he mentioned were absolutely rock solid but still I was quite amazed to hear a country speaking to the US that strongly.

And I believe Putin has made a statement saying he's happy for Snowden to stay in Russia.

Julian Assange has said he's in a safe place and in high spirits, which is good. I was worried he was lying in a small room at the airport with a bullet in his skull.

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join