It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Unfortunately, That site is funded by George Soros Money.

Its hard finding good news sites that don't lean right or left, or with an agenda by people who have the money to manipulate.

Koch Brothers, George Soros, Murdoch, etc are the power behind the LSM nowadays......

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good call, Sonnny1, I have edited and noted your correction accordingly. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
So Snowden went from US to China next Russia then Cuba and finally Venezuela. Hell he should make a pit stop in Iran so he can visit all America's enemy's in one trip and drop off all his secrets

where did you expect him to go? via the UK and Aus? Snowden was smart enough to get this far, he obviosly thought this plan out far ahead of time, anyone with half a brain would know that any ally of the US that could get thier hands on him would be scrambling for him. Only an idiot would travel through US friendly territory.

I guess you think he's a traitor then hey?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Wisescarab

43% of Americans want Snowden Charged
Only 43% think Snowden should be charged with something.
And his support is from both Democrats and Republicans.
Snowden should have just told about the NSA Spying on US Citizens.
And he should have stayed and fought.
That's what he would have done if he was a patriot who loves liberty (as he claims).
Instead, he told China and Russia state secrets and ran to live over there.
So he obviously doesn't have America's best interests at heart. He's no hero.

If Snowden started flapping his gums before he got of US soil he would have been dead within a week. Possibly like that reported who mysteriously crashed and killed himself in a single vehicle accident the other night...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Kind of makes you wonder if the US will end up attempting an assassination... not likely but something to think about.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Imagine if USAF hijack his plane over the Atlantic and bring him back

The international hurricane of excrement such an interception would create is not to be underestimated....

This is not just about the NSA and USA .... much, much more is at stake!
edit on 24-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: quotation mark

edit: Due to board /leave in half an hour to Havana
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 24-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: add link

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Especially if Snowden booked flight as a diversion nd now using different means of transport unannounced. I mean, force a jet to land and... no Snowden here. Bottomless pit of dirt for US authorities in this case.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiesN

Especially if Snowden booked flight as a diversion nd now using different means of transport unannounced. I mean, force a jet to land and... sorry no cigar har har (I couldn't resist

I actually think it would be in his favour to openly travel. offer a greater deal of protection than going "underground" right now, due to public support and all eyes watching.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Looking at this from the extreme conspiracy angle, and i do mean extreme!

The U.S know the flight he is supposed to be getting as do we. Would it not be possible to have an operative on that flight who could fake a heart attack or something similar when inside or close to U.S airspace. Wouldn't this require the plane to land at the nearest airport.

Way out there i know but if that happens now you all owe me a pint of Guinness, its the law!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

yeah! and if they take the nordic route and a volcano spontaneously errupts
I'll want a bloody Guinness and all!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Actually, I agree... but I'll watch out for any sudden driils of our airforce alongside flightpath to Cuba. Especially given the fact that there is constant sudden drills in different branches of the military. Just in case, you know.

By the way, I DO NOT understand why US making such a fuss over Snowden. Even if he is considered a defector, the type of "damage control" that there is is counter-productive. As I see it, too much of the top brass watched a bit too much Hollywood movies. He is out of reach. For now anyway. If he had an intention to dump sensitive info to foreign government, he has an ample opportunities to do so, so it shall be assumed if you play worst-case. If he has no such intent, DON'T THE HELL force his hand! So far, governments of HK, Russia, China or Ecuador were required to do relatively little in exchange for some sizeable PR boost (and US is actually helping to enlarge this boost by threatening and blaming said governments), so at this point they are unlikely to try to milk him for info, as such an attempt might just blow that boost to high heavens. But if they need to commit real resources for real protection, they would want something in exchange, and Snowden would be forced to either shoot himself, wait to be shot by US or share an info. Even if he shared already, what is being done by US via MSM is damaging US first off. If Snowden dumped the info, he is no longer a security threat. If he didn't, he is not yet a security threat. Most reasonable approach would be to quietly wait till he is settle down and than launch a legal proceedings for extradition. Threating him across the oceans right now would do no good.

Update - what the hell! Russian press disclosed not only the flight number, but even te class and seat number! Economic, 17A, to be exact. Voice of Russia studio. I wouldn't be too much surprized if adjacent seats are occupied by a few "bats" (GRU logo is a bat).. just in case there is US operative aboard.

edit on 24-6-2013 by MiesN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

yeah! and if they take the nordic route and a volcano spontaneously errupts
I'll want a bloody Guinness and all!

Get that crate ready for me matey.

Originally posted by MiesN

By the way, I DO NOT understand why US making such a fuss over Snowden.

Neither do i, im amazed by how bad they want him and some of the language that is being publicly used. It does make me think, what other information does he actually have? Going by the desperation i am seeing to get him back it would have to be some pretty heavy stuff.

Also, im sure i read somewhere that its rumored that MI5 have obtained a D-Notice which is preventing the Guardian publishing anything else, that combined with Snowdens comments about it being the tip of the iceberg also makes me wonder as to the nature of the information.

Its because of that i think that there is a possibility the U.S Government would be willing to try anything, even going to the lengths of getting ATC to force the plane to land when inside their airspace is a possibility.
edit on 24/6/13 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MiesN

do you have a link to flight number so we can follow his progress?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I have it up already mate, i think its this one

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

www.flightradar24.com...

Right now there is playback only. Takeoff in about 5 to 10 minutes.

Also by Voice of Russia - one of the entrances has been cordoned off by police, journalists are forbidden to take photos. All other passengers of SU150are undergoing additional security check.

english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Hmmm I can only view "playback" and not real time ... ( I know Iknow, I should get a life )

have tried various things... can you help?

lol, thanks for you confirmation on it only being on playback status. * puts dark hairdye back in the packet *

edit on 24-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Just watching RT Live, they have a journalist on the plane.

Hes confirming the additional security checks that have taken place but also reporting that everyone has been ordered that they are not to take pictures or record on the plane and that Snowden has not yet been seen on the flight.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

No worries mate, i think its because the flight has not taken off yet. I assume you can see the plane at the mo, its still sitting at the airport.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Another landing apron has been positioned near the jetliner. It is heavily guarded, which makes people think that Snowden will be boarding the plane through a separate gangway.

Read more: english.ruvr.ru...

Seems like Snowden is delaying the flight))) It is already past takeoff time.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC

Hes confirming the additional security checks that have taken place but also reporting that everyone has been ordered that they are not to take pictures or record on the plane and that Snowden has not yet been seen on the flight.

Did they make everyone do 50 push-ups during those security checks as well (and blood pressure check) ?
wouldn't want any heart attacks now would we...

P.S I have Cliff Richardś "we're all going on a summer holiday!! " in my head. Just thought I'd share that with you

P.S.S seat 17 A isn't a bad choice, no- one directly in front and extra leg room , not to mention next to emergency exit *cough*

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join