It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia:”Syria Will Be Armed With Weapons That Have Never Been Seen Before In the Middle East”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by crazyewok

We haven't LOST anything.We got stuck with a bunch of liars,but hey if anyone wants to move to the Rodina or finds Russia to be a good steward go for it,I'm with the Dying guy,we aren't alone we are just quite.
If Russia wants to get their feet in camel dung I say go for it,the attention will then turn on them and their evil and guess what?It will still be just Russia and we will still be America.
You think American troops are so evil well,it is to laugh.
edit on 23-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

edit on 23-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: mISsplled

My point exactly. After seeing Russia's handling of Afghanistan from the years prior, I'm pretty sure all this is hot air with the Syrians. I find it sooooo damned funny that people are putting there faith in Russia. This should be an interesting showdown and when the hot air has been expended, these same users will fade quietly into the night. "What was that?" my thoughts exactly...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Having said all this - I just hope he destroys the west. I don't mind immigrating to Russia.
edit on Sun Jun 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You have a very romantic view of Russia .

I have a bit of an old man crush on Putin - which may explain a few things
aha

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Russia has a military defence alliance with Syria,stands to lose hundreds of billions in trade and a key strategic naval base,Russia is very serious about this make no mistake about it.
edit on 24-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by crazyewok

We haven't LOST anything.We got stuck with a bunch of liars,but hey if anyone wants to move to the Rodina or finds Russia to be a good steward go for it,I'm with the Dying guy,we aren't alone we are just quite.
If Russia wants to get their feet in camel dung I say go for it,the attention will then turn on them and their evil and guess what?It will still be just Russia and we will still be America.
You think American troops are so evil well,it is to laugh.
edit on 23-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

edit on 23-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: mISsplled

My point exactly. After seeing Russia's handling of Afghanistan from the years prior, I'm pretty sure all this is hot air with the Syrians. I find it sooooo damned funny that people are putting there faith in Russia. This should be an interesting showdown and when the hot air has been expended, these same users will fade quietly into the night. "What was that?" my thoughts exactly...

Russia's involvement in Afghanistan and Russia's involvement in Syria are 2 totally different comparisons, in fact I don't know if you could compare the two. Putin was not making the calls during the Afghan conflict and Russia's military is much stronger and much more advanced than it was during the 80's. There were many other factors outside of Afghanistan that were involved with the way Russia handled the Soviet Afghan War as well, a big factor was the cold war between Russia and the US.

Now Russia's military is much stronger as well as it's leadership, instead of having Leonid Brezhnev and Mikhail Gorbachev leading the nation you have Putin, a much more devout military man with a stronger since of nationalism. No this would unfold to be a much different scenario than Russia's involvement in Afghan, the players are different, the circumstances are different, and the agenda is different.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Come on guys we are talking about a MUSLIM civil war occurring in terrorist deploying Syria.
Remember how angry they got at our 1st gulf war? Wait until they get into the hands of standard Russian infantry tactics. "Collateral" is not a concern in their play book and even if Putin demands it ,there is absolutely ZIP in their skills for discretionary combat. Talk about a blunt instrument,why do you think children in war zone approach western troops,aside from the ones recently used as weapons it is because of western human values. Russian troops are unencumbered with things like that. Take a bite out of a Russian soldiers heart and my case will be rested.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I haven't lost nothing and as far as I'm concerned, all this talk about the What ifs and What abouts has yet to happened, your sirs have jumped the gun and assumed we have lost.

I would say allowing your goverment to become so corrupted and evil to the point of ignoring and stomping over all you hold dear be it illegal detainment without trials, warrentless searchs like in Boston and illegal survaliance is a defeat.

Maybe not a permanent one but still a defeat.

Far as I'm concerned I'm still here, I still have my voice along with the people, why we haven't done anything, well there is a time and place for that.

Like when? The voteing booths?

With your two party system you cant win as both partys want similiar things!
Either you pick a thrid party or you march on congress and drag the scum out and have a spring cleaning!

Your a defeatist, you see a man in the dark alley, you look down and walk away. I see a man in a dark alley, I say, "Sup" and continue on with my business. Reading your post puts all that into perspective about the kind of person you are.

You know nothing about me.

I don't have to agree with the brass on this situation, but that doesn't mean America and its people are defeated.
You are very wrong and very mistaken, lol people are sooooo gullible.

Well until I see a party other than the corrupt two who actually listens to its people and abides by the principles it preachs then you have been defeated.

Maybe its not permerment but until change is started you are defeated.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

[
The only ignorance I see is these post of yours

Your right, I would rank Syria and Russia as a 3rd world oppressive hell hole, you got me there!!

It is a case with the USA, like I said, its our leaders, not of the people, a fact that you seem all too ignorant to see or understand, but then again I don't expect you too anyways, *Sigh* foolishness of people, I swear.

Well done for missing my point entirely

Yes Russia and syria are Evil.

My point is the argument of if you dont like the USA go live in (insert crap hole here) is 100% rubbish as there are plenty of countrys that are NOT opressive crap holes. The USA is not the only free first world country in the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

I would say allowing your goverment to become so corrupted and evil to the point of ignoring and stomping over all you hold dear be it illegal detainment without trials, warrentless searchs like in Boston and illegal survaliance is a defeat.

Maybe not a permanent one but still a defeat.

I am curious as to where you live because unless you live in the rainforest somewhere or anyplace similar and are a member of a small isolated and remote tribe then you have also been subject to a tyrannical and oppressive government, it's not just America or Russia, or The UK.

Anytime a government enacts laws that oppress your rights and freedoms as a human being then that government has become destructive to their means. By rights and freedoms I mean laws that make you wear seatbelts, laws that control how and where you build your home, laws that regulate your daily actions as a human to pursue your happiness. The role of government is to secure and protect the rights of the individual, not to infringe or revoke your rights in the name of the good of the society or safety of society. 90% of the "civilized" world is governed by an oppressive and intrusive government and everyday that passes by those governments tighten their grip on their "subjects" a little more.

My point is the argument of if you dont like the USA go live in (insert crap hole here) is 100% rubbish as there are plenty of countrys that are NOT opressive crap holes.

Running does nothing but prolong the inevitable and if you think this is a US only problem you are so wrong, it is a world agenda. Actually as bad as it is here in the US it is far from a "crap hole", I have been all over this world to more countries than I can count and trust me there are much worse places and many of them are in the EU.

The elites around the world wish for nothing more than complete control of the masses so they may create their utopian elitist system. As has happened throughout history the people will have enough and the government will go too far and that's when there will be a chance to throw off the oppression and start anew.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

I am curious as to where you live because unless you live in the rainforest somewhere or anyplace similar and are a member of a small isolated and remote tribe then you have also been subject to a tyrannical and oppressive government, it's not just America or Russia, or The UK.

UK and yes we have the same problems as the USA. Though Democracy wise there may be a chance to break the mold without violence as our main partys support is crumbling and our thrid partys seem to be gaining support quickly each month. If not well yeah we need a revolution too. We may be Gunless but we have proven to have more ball that most of the USA resently, the last lot of riots we had the police lost control and they lasted days, they only stopped as they fizzled out. Next time or goverment may not be so lucky.
Why havent there been any mass civil disobediance in the USA? I mean you even have the guns?

But in the USA your two main partys still seem to have a solid chockhold. And there seems to be more uproar in the UK over this NSA than than in the USA. Yeah there are obviosly people that care in the USA but they seem to be outweighed by the blinded "i dont care masses".

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Running does nothing but prolong the inevitable and if you think this is a US only problem you are so wrong, it is a world agenda. Actually as bad as it is here in the US it is far from a "crap hole", I have been all over this world to more countries than I can count and trust me there are much worse places and many of them are in the EU.

The elites around the world wish for nothing more than complete control of the masses so they may create their utopian elitist system. As has happened throughout history the people will have enough and the government will go too far and that's when there will be a chance to throw off the oppression and start anew.

Again you missed the point 100%.

Im not saying the USA is a crap hole either!

My point is the argument that people throw around that "if you dont like the USA move to Russia or China" is stupid! As there are plenty other other countrys in the world beside the USA or Russia or China.
edit on 24-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not going to quote the original post...but so many flaws.

Firstly, they are aiming for a military force of around 1 million personnel.
That is a REDUCTION in personnel numbers from what they had.
The OP makes it sound like Russia is going out and giving everyone a gun and training them for war.
The Russians under Putin are modernizing their armed forces.
Old weapons and hardware that is obsolete, costs a fortune to maintain and spends more time in maintenance then in service, and are otherwise dangerous to operate, are being replaced by modern weapons.
In fact, most of the modernization process so far has been replacing the old, with existing systems that are being produced fresh on the production lines.
There are some new things, like the PAK-FA and some ships.
But by an large Russia's military modernization is it replacing old, nonfunctional and dangerous weapons, with freshly produced existing stuff.

It would be the same if the US replaced early FA18 models with newer variants.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ummmm negative!!! Russia was still a SUPERPOWER in the 80's. Right now they JUST put in place a 10 year modernization effort that has JUST STARTED. Much of Russia advanced weapony is actually for sale by its defense contractors and hasnt even made it way into their own military.

And i dont care how much of a badass Putin thinks he is, he isnt the one out there fighting.

Russia's involvement in Afghanistan and Russia's involvement in Syria are 2 totally different comparisons, in fact I don't know if you could compare the two. Putin was not making the calls during the Afghan conflict and Russia's military is much stronger and much more advanced than it was during the 80's. There were many other factors outside of Afghanistan that were involved with the way Russia handled the Soviet Afghan War as well, a big factor was the cold war between Russia and the US.

Now Russia's military is much stronger as well as it's leadership, instead of having Leonid Brezhnev and Mikhail Gorbachev leading the nation you have Putin, a much more devout military man with a stronger since of nationalism. No this would unfold to be a much different scenario than Russia's involvement in Afghan, the players are different, the circumstances are different, and the agenda is different.

edit on 2-7-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
The world map shortly without America being anywhere on it will look odd, the ground in America will not be fit to live on, grow food on for many years, the American Obama clown will be back living in the bush in some Muslim place where he come from and my very good relations and all my many very nice kind American people I know and love will be toast when Russia sorts the mess your President has made, unless a sane person who knows what needs doing does it, that may save the USA if it's not too late by then, you need President John Kennedy type at this time, he at least had common sense and loved America, sadly your current clown hates everything you sand for.

No chance of that happening.

Russia and the USA will not come to blows.
They will increase their assistance to their side in the Syria conflict, and any other conflict.

The battle ground for WW3 will be the Middle East primarily.
Once most living things there are destroyed, Russia and the USA MIGHT come to blows then. But the Korean peninsula will go up in flames before that happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm negative!!! Russia was still a SUPERPOWER in the 80's. Right now they JUST put in place a 10 year modernization effort that has JUST STARTED. Much of Russia advanced weapony is actually for sale by its defense contractors and hasnt even made it way into their own military.

And i dont care how much of a badass Putin thinks he is, he isnt the one out there fighting.

Russia is still a world power. Second only to the United States.

Their modernization plans have not JUST started, they've been happening for quite some time now.
It's not all about brand new shiny big weapons like the PAK-FA. ...there's a lot more going on that you don't know about because it's not sexy enough for the Western media to use for negative articles about Russia rebuilding it's military into a threat to world peace.

There's a reason why Georgia was left to fend for it self when the Russian army rolled across the border.
Because trying to take on a power like Russia will end up in a nuclear war.
That's why the major powers do NOT fight directly against each other, and instead use proxy wars, like Syria.
It's called MAD. Russia's military in general may have seen some dramatic declines, but it's nuclear arsenal has never been questioned. It has enough fire power to destroy the planet many many times over. The only other country with as much fire power is the United States.

If Russia's interests and security is threatened, the Russian's will use their military might to put a stop to it. And there isn't a damn thing that anyone else on the planet is going to do to stop them.
It's a game of chess.
The reason the Americans were involved in Georgia is because of pipelines. That's one of the major reasons for a lot of whats going on in the wider region out there. Competing pipeline projects. He who controls the oil and gas flows..

If Russia decides simply sending weapons to Assad is not enough, and deploys it's military to crush the FSA, then you watch how quickly nobody will lift a finger to help the FSA.

Thing's are getting real again. Russia isn't a dormant former super power anymore. It's an angry bear that's come out of hibernation and it's pretty pissed off at what the other animals in the zoo have been getting up to.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Your right OP - economies bad, go to war to replenish coffers, millions who just want to live their lives die. So they get to make bad decisions and have us die for their mistakes so they can make more bad decisions.

I know more than a few military people who are unhappy about our involvement in Syria. This administration seems as if they have no organization and/or knowledge of how to run things. Knee jerk reactions and arrogance (many psychologists see narcissism but we know the president doesn't make all of the decisions alone). But...he appoints people who fuel the disease.

We have a rumor (part of it not substantiated yet) that the Bolivian ministers plane couldn't pass over airspace in two countries because the US said Snowden was on board (he wasn't). They say to stay out of Syria and our gov doesn't. They're behaving as if the world is theirs to do with what they want. People in other countries are either protesting or glorifying our administration. Why are they so focused on us instead of their own country? Because its been set up this way - because ....you fill in the blank.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Dianec because: Mistyped countries name

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

Umm..American 'advisors" were slaughtered by Russian forces in Georgia attempting the same coup they pulled off in Libya.
Russia and the USA are engaging each other as we speak over/in Syria
you lost me with the end of the world thing

edit on 2-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Umm Negative!!! Second to the US in what? Nukes? Yes. If so case closed. Otherwise everything you said below is NOT a part of their new modenrization efforts.

Why is it like the kids on here dont research their stuff before posting? Some stuff doesnt even need research, its common knowledge.

Originally posted by iBallinU

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Russia is still a world power. Second only to the United States.

Their modernization plans have not JUST started, they've been happening for quite some time now.
It's not all about brand new shiny big weapons like the PAK-FA. ...there's a lot more going on that you don't know about because it's not sexy enough for the Western media to use for negative articles about Russia rebuilding it's military into a threat to world peace.

There's a reason why Georgia was left to fend for it self when the Russian army rolled across the border.
Because trying to take on a power like Russia will end up in a nuclear war.
That's why the major powers do NOT fight directly against each other, and instead use proxy wars, like Syria.
It's called MAD. Russia's military in general may have seen some dramatic declines, but it's nuclear arsenal has never been questioned. It has enough fire power to destroy the planet many many times over. The only other country with as much fire power is the United States.

If Russia's interests and security is threatened, the Russian's will use their military might to put a stop to it. And there isn't a damn thing that anyone else on the planet is going to do to stop them.
It's a game of chess.
The reason the Americans were involved in Georgia is because of pipelines. That's one of the major reasons for a lot of whats going on in the wider region out there. Competing pipeline projects. He who controls the oil and gas flows..

If Russia decides simply sending weapons to Assad is not enough, and deploys it's military to crush the FSA, then you watch how quickly nobody will lift a finger to help the FSA.

Thing's are getting real again. Russia isn't a dormant former super power anymore. It's an angry bear that's come out of hibernation and it's pretty pissed off at what the other animals in the zoo have been getting up to.

edit on 2-7-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Never seen before.... hmmm....

So we're talking like hugs and acceptance? Maybe compromise and understanding? Can those be weaponized?

mind = blown

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join