It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia:”Syria Will Be Armed With Weapons That Have Never Been Seen Before In the Middle East”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I just came across this and found no mention of it in the Samuru search so I thought I would share it.

This is indeed some very disturbing news and I personally believe that this is the beginning of a major escalation of events, not only in Syria but between the US and Russia as well. The fact that the lunatic leaders of the US are doing all they can to destabilize Syria and the surrounding region, combined with the strong Russian ties and investments in Syria is really setting up some serious powder kegs and it wont be long until the spark that sets it all off is struck.

According to the report from Syrian-based Dam Press and the Dyar Newspaper, the Russians aren’t backing off their Syria policy and they are getting ready to double down by supplying Assad’s military with weapons the have never before been seen in the middle east.

Our military intelligence and government intelligence agencies have known for some time that Russia has a vested interest in Syria as well as Iran yet the DC comics continue to push the limits. Now it appears that Putin is getting ready to punch back and I highly doubt we will see him back down, it is not in his idealism to do so.

Putin is a 16 year veteran of the KGB and attained the rank of Lt Colonel before retiring to pursue his political career. His character and strategic thinking is aligned with the old Russian ideals of strength and authority for Russia and his actions since coming into the political arena shows just that. Since the early 2000's Putin has pushed for a much stronger and technologically advanced Russian military force and he started major reforms of Russia's military in '08 and has called for a Russian military force that is 1 million strong and is well on his way to achieving that goal. Putin sees himself as the representative face of Russia and he will not risk making Russia look weak by backing down.

While the weapons being supplied to Syria by both sides are a far cry from nuclear meltdown, the current policies of both nations can very quickly metastasize into a much more direct confrontation.

Vladimir Putin comes from the old world of Soviet leadership; one that believes in Russian military superiority and rules with an iron fist. He has no qualms about going to war if he finds it necessary to the long-term interests of Russia.

In the United States, President Barrack Obama is embroiled in numerous scandals and is presiding over an economy on the brink of collapse, giving him ample motivation to divert the attention of the public.

Neither of these leaders, given their past, would give pause to the thought of killing millions of people if they believe it was in their interest, or in the interest of their globalist handlers.

www.shtfplan.com...
I personally and honestly believe that it won't be long until the elitists in DC slither into their mountain bunkers and leave the rest of us to suffer the fate of their arrogance and lunacy. A chain of events is being set in place which has no good outcome for anyone, it may not happen tomorrow or next month, or even in several months but it IS going to happen as long as we continue to allow the power drunken lunatics in DC to steer us to their fate.

I'm not trying to sound like an alarmist but history has taught those whom have paid attention that when a large majority of world economies are in severe decline its not long before warfare between nations starts. War is the best way they have to replenish the coffers, and sadly it will be at the expense of millions that just want to live their lives in peace.

edit on 22-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have not been able to confirm this on any credible news sites, yet. I so hope this is wrong.

Thank you for the heads up, so people can watch for it on API or Reuters.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Syria is the line in the sand for Russia.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermit777

I originally found the article on the American Free Press website and it is also being reported on The Daily Paul website. While neither of these news agencies are mainstream the AFP is a credible source, I read AFP every week and many of the stories they have on their site and their weekly newspaper are followed up by the mainstream news agencies shortly after AFP covers them.

American Free Press

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh joy, another full fledged front for a proxy war in the Middle East.

For those of you that support the opposition, you need to understand that the only thing which will come from their victory will be long term economic destabilization, a power vacuum, and tribal warfare, causing long term strife in Syria. But wait, Assad is killing his own people! He's just like Obama! WE HAVE TO LIBERATE THEM!!!!!

Do you think that the various militant groups which make up the rebel front are going to entertain the idea of a democratic process? Please, lol. It's going to be a f***ing massacre. BUT AT LEAST ASSAD WON'T BE KILLING HIS OWN PEOPLE!~!!!!!~~!!eleven1!11

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I BET THIS NEW, MYSTERIOUS WEAPON WILL NOT BE A SUBMARINE.....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Nothing like a battery of missiles to rain on your parade. If it goes to shooting between American and Russian missile batteries, it will be something to see.

Both sides have the most modern, multiple launch, independently targetable, fire and forget capable systems.

Newer systems...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
IDK, I seriously don't think we are going to give the Syrians any kind of high tech weapons, they will be pillaged and reverse engineered by other countries who will step in and loot the place. I don't see it happening, I foresee a bunch of AK47s, M16s and Stingers. Maybe some decommissioned helicopters.
Russian is being a fool for even considering going full monty on this situation. If they want to show there big bad weapns systems, we can only observed and watch with humility and make the necessary adjustments to fine tune our weapons platforms. If Russian wants to flex, we will flex too, Russia had its time, the former glory of mother Russia will never quite be the same again.
Truth be told, despite all the big players, Syria is the one that's going to have it rough. I see another war torn country beyond what it is now.
This is prime ground for weapons corps to come in and try out their new toys.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd have to agree.... Russia is really serious about this and Obama has never had the good sense to take them seriously. This isn't another lesser nation that we have superiority over and I hope that gets through to him soon. The Russians are one of onlytwo nations I feel can really give us a stand up war where the outcome, even with all our effort thrown in, would not be a foregone conclusion. That's certainly not a good thing.

Russia’s S-300 Surface to Air Missile, Already Deployed and Functional in Syria?

They are definitely REAL serious about Tartus and have plans for it to form the headquarters to a new fleet command. It's really grown in significance in a short time.

Putin announces permanent Russian naval presence in the Mediterranean, as it arms Assad regime in Damascus and bolsters alliance with Iran and Lebanon

Now I'm sure the S-400 systems mentioned here are strictly used inside the Russian base itself. There are limits to what even they give allies. Close ones or not. Still, that's inside the war zone and that would be more than a little challenge if they starting searching for allied planes.

The Weapon Route from Russia to Syria: How it Works

and last but not least.....Assad now has one of the most advanced anti-ship cruise missiles in the world.

Russia has previously provided a version of the missiles, called Yakhonts, to Syria. But those delivered recently are outfitted with an advanced radar that makes them more effective, according to American officials who are familiar with classified intelligence reports and would only discuss the shipment on the basis of anonymity.
Source

That should help explain why US Naval force has been scarce. those have up to a 300 kilometer range. Less if they flying whirly flight paths for evasion, which they're also designed to do. Mach 1.5 at 5 meters off the water. in the second half. Nasty little suckers. This could become the real thing with real war type casualties on both sides.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the U.S. will follow suit with missile batteries to counter if they haven't already.

lets be honest, most of the time something is reported it is already old hat to those in the know. i predict we'll see this trumpeted on the news for several days in an attempt to make americans support heavier arms being sent to syria.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

From what I've read the 5 meter altitude is a real issue with these missiles. At that low of an altitude the Phalanx CIWS or "R2-D2" chain guns could have some issues with target acquisition even with the enhanced capabilities of the new generation PSuM FLIR targeting system. The PSuM was designed exclusively for surface engagement tracking but is not necessarily a significant acquisition upgrade on low altitude missiles, meanwhile the 5 meter hard deck is somewhat difficult for radar to track and identify therefore it gives the missiles the ability to fly in a sort of grey area where tracking, identification, and acquisition is the most difficult.

Im not totally up to speed on all the current performance data though since the last time I saw a CIWS in action was in the first Gulf War against Silkworm missiles and R2 could drop those like flies.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They may even throw in some "ultra dangerous never miss their target" - S400 anti-aircraft missiles.

Read more here link
Then of course it is rumoured Assad fell in love with these ground pounding beasts known as TOS1 Buratino Heavy Flame Thrower System

I think Putin is seriously pissed at the recent years of Obama warfare around the globe that he is ready to show that TPTB puppet that there is someone ready to # up his plans in Syria.

The sad thing is that the Syrian ppl will have to pay the heavy price of being in the midst of these hellish weapons between the evil forces wielding them.
edit on 23-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That should help explain why US Naval force has been scarce. those have up to a 300 kilometer range. Less if they flying whirly flight paths for evasion, which they're also designed to do. Mach 1.5 at 5 meters off the water. in the second half. Nasty little suckers. This could become the real thing with real war type casualties on both sides.

I hate to say it but the Western goverments may need putting in there place.

Plus if the USA gets into a war that is unpopular from the start and then loss with massive losses maybe it will have the benifit of complety destroying the any credibity the Goverment has in the main stream causing a shift of support from the main stream partys.

Hopefully that would happen in the UK too as its pretty garenteed that the UK will be draged along into it.

A complete loss would destabilise western goverments and thats a good thing.

Its a shame people would die but you cant make a omlette without cracking a few eggs.
edit on 23-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
it does my head in how this is all shaping up to bible prophecy..
either that or some folks are using the bible as a 'playbook'

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Problem is the ship that's supposed to deliver it split into two in the indian ocean...

Okay i'm just reaching here and likes to connect the dots.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was actually up till 4 o'clock this morning watching random Putin interviews on Youtube.

Several times he has been threatened by American goons such as Hilary [snipped] - and each time he has smiled to him self and kindly reminded them that Russia has never been afraid of anyone - and they certainly aren't now.

He touches upon his star based weapons - and reminds all that he is quite capable of serious super power.

(Heck I have an idea of what the Russians have, has the intelligence made it to the Whitehouse?!).

Having said all this - I just hope he destroys the west. I don't mind immigrating to Russia.
edit on Sun Jun 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I am 100% certain that Russia could and with luck win any war with America, and under the clown in the White House at this time with 80% of American people not liking him American forces wont want to fight anyway.It's well known that your American President has no time for dead servicemen see below?
For those too young to remember; Here is a photo of the The Normandy American
Cemetery and Memorial in France memorializing the fallen US soldiers of the D-Day
Invasion to retake Europe from the Nazis.
The large white areas in the photo are created by thousands of white
Crosses and Star of David grave markers:
For those too young to remember; Here is a photo of the The Normandy American
Cemetery and Memorial in France memorializing the fallen US soldiers of the D-Day
Invasion to retake Europe from the Nazis.
The large white areas in the photo are created by thousands of white
Crosses and Star of David grave markers:

There is also a

D-Day Monument in Bedford , VA
... a relatively short 200 mile helicopter

ride from the White House:

In all the years

since D-Day 1945, there are only three occasions when the sitting President

of the United States of America failed to go to the D-Day Monument that

honors the soldiers killed during the Invasion. Only Three Times... The

occasions were:

1. Barack Obama 2010

2. Barack Obama 2011

3. Barack Obama 2012

For the past 68 years, every single president, except Obama, has paid
tribute to the fallen American soldiers killed on D-Day. Last year,(2012),
instead of honoring the soldiers, he made a 3,000 mile campaign trip on Air
Force 1 to California to raise funds for the upcoming election.
Priorities? - -

It speaks volumes... doesn't it?

edit on 23-6-2013 by Alternative4u because: Tried to put photo in message but not allowed

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Of course it speaks volumes. The man is a traitor and mere puppet to the shadow government behind his puppet chair. Why do you think he and his wife are the "presidential" couple with most vacations compared to all previous presidential couples. They don´t simply care about this country. They play their roles until its run to the ground by the TPTB and then withdraw to some paradise island far away from the ashes.

Did you see the crowd of specially "invites" in his latest speech in Berlin? The guy was giving a speech to this payed crowd of "common germans" and still hid behind bullet proof glass. Ppl seemed sleepy and bored and even Merkel looked at him with a strange gaze, like who is this clown?

He knows everyone hates him like no president in US history because he has broken every promise to the ppl given during election times. He has made USA to USSA stasi 2.0 (courtesy Holder).

Usually, an American President is titulated President so and so in US. That is customary. Have you notcied that this clown is often referred to as Obama by his peers and even common ppl. he has no respect and this pratcise of dropping the title "president" speaks volumes about his true status quo in USA and the rest of the world.

edit on 23-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

You're correct, and yet the dumb sh!t American voters still voted him in for a second term. In the words of Obama's beloved Rv Wright, "Americas chickens are coming home to roost".

Obama is hell bent on promoting and spreading the Muslim Brotherhoods influence throughout the Mideast. First it was Libya, then Egypt, and Syria will be next. The man cares nothing for peace only his agenda of the destruction of America's economy, security, and interests overseas.

The problem with what Obama and his handlers are doing now in Syria is that Russia has a very large vested interest in that nation. They are not bullying a nation with no defenses and no ability to fight, they are bullying a nation that is supported by one of the strongest military forces on earth and led by a man with experience in military matters.

They are playing with fire and we could all very well end up getting burned.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I've listened to Putin very closely as well and he comes across to me as a 'cool customer' as the old term used to be. Extremely intelligent, geared toward Chess and not Checkers with a cold streak that would allow him to do whatever he thought in Russia's own best interests....whatever real world cost may be, for others.

Far from an insult, it's a very good thing to see. I just wish like anything I was seeing it in MY leader and not theirs.

You know what I keep coming back to though?

What is really happening here in the end? Is Obama trying to play them somehow or are they stringing him along by the nose and playing him into a bad bad position? It's hard to say in my thinking because either seems possible. What bothers me so much though is Putin is a true professional and well accomplished one. He doesn't require a staff to make a decision and has the personal background to make them on the fly and likely the right ones.

In the world possibly going into war?

On our side.... We have a Community Organizer with a near laser intensity on domestic social change while delegating foreign policy matters, largely, to others. It's George H.W. Bush in reverse ..but no better at either side than he was. What a bad time for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join