It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism: Another look at the spiritual "War" and why "Wars" exist...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
If that's the case, why call it "Satanism?" I understand that Satanism is not worship of Satan, but it just seems like they could have chosen a less notorious name for the sake of avoiding a bad image. It seems a bit self harming.

Because Christians and Jews don't own Satan. Satan is a force, a much older idea. On being of "Satan" is Set. They are both considered "Lord of Darkness and Chaos" and associated with the planet Saturn by some.

Satan is Darkness and can go by the name "Chaos", "Nu", "Abzu"...

Satan is the most common name known to many.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is not called "Learning" that called Submitting to servitude/slavery.

You can call it slavery if you want, but when God comes back to claim his people, they will be living in perfection where there will be no need for slavery, as all will be perfect.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deetermined

You can call it slavery if you want, but when God comes back to claim his people, they will be living in perfection where there will be no need for slavery, as all will be perfect.

What is "perfection"? If whatever "God" says is perfection the of course everything will be perfect by that definition. One person's idea of "perfection" is not the same as another, so yes, it is still slavery living under a system that you do not prefer.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Satan -> The good guy ( Many satanists actually do not follow his principle's accordingly and do the opposite of what satan wants them to do while they think they follow him.)

God -> The bad guy

Then you have the ultimate and true god, which is the "Infinite Creator" ... he/she who has created all and is all-knowing throughout the universe and exceeds this dimension and many others while keeping an eye on everything and helping at places just at the right moment, but controlling nothing.
edit on 23-6-2013 by longtimelurkerr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's the very definition of subjective morality, if "God" is just making it all up as he goes along like you say here ("his rules his game").

Besides asking whether or not you would side with the "stronger" side just because they would win is NOT a hypothetical because that is exactly what you are saying by saying that Satan is in chains.

By the way, not everything you believe is true.

God doesn't make up the rules as he goes along. He established these things at the very beginning by his advanced foreknowledge. I'm siding with who can resurrect me from the dead, and take away the evil things i have done from my life and my memory and sugar, let me tell you something, that ain't satan. Everything I believe is true because I have been given the truth, which is Jesus Christ and I've been learning a lot of things from the Master.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm siding with who can resurrect me from the dead, and take away the evil things i have done from my life and my memory

Correction: You're siding with you BELIEVE can resurrect you from the dead and change your life and memory. No matter how strongly you believe it is still just a belief.

let me tell you something, that ain't satan.

And you know this how? Oh right, because you were taught to believe so in the bible. Circular logic.

Everything I believe is true because I have been given the truth, which is Jesus Christ and I've been learning a lot of things from the Master.

Replace "Jesus Christ" with "Satan" and you'll see how ridiculous that sounds:

"Everything I believe is true because I have been given the truth, which is Satan and I've been learning a lot of things from The Master."

It is circular arguing. Of course if you already believe that something is true, then saying that you have the truth because you believe in that "something" is just repetitive circular reasoning.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What is "perfection"? If whatever "God" says is perfection the of course everything will be perfect by that definition. One person's idea of "perfection" is not the same as another, so yes, it is still slavery living under a system that you do not prefer.

So, you think you have the ability to define perfection better than God?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So, you think you have the ability to define perfection better than God?

What do you mean by "better"? What would be "better"? There would already have to be an idea of what perfection (the best) is in order for something to be "better" or "worse".

edit on 23-6-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Let me make that a simpler question since you want to make it complicated.

Do you think you're better than God? Do you think you have the ability to think higher thoughts than God?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So, the bottom line is that you don't feel like you understand God well enough to be able to make that determination? That's fine. Get to know God and you'll feel differently.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Let me make that a simpler question since you want to make it complicated.

Do you think you're better than God? Do you think you have the ability to think higher thoughts than God?

Again, in order to say "better" or "worse" you would have to have an idea of what "The Best" is, and each person's view of that would be different.

reply to post by arpgme

So, the bottom line is that you don't feel like you understand God well enough to be able to make that determination? That's fine. Get to know God and you'll feel differently.

To make what determination? What true perfection is?

I already explained that each being will have a different view on what perfection is, it is an OPINION.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'll try to put this in terms that a person blinded by bad faith might be able to understand.

Some things are objective. I exist. While I exist, there is no challenging this claim.

Some things are subjective. Blue is the best color. You may think that Red is the best color, or perhaps Green, and as such, you may challenge my claim that Blue is the best color. My god is the best god. My dog is the best dog. This is the best spaghetti ever.

Subjectivity is a matter of opinion, objectivity is not.

So, which is perfection? Objective, or subjective? My voice is perfect. That tree is perfect. The house looks perfect.

Hmm, it would appear that perfection is a subjective phenomenon; absolute perfection cannot exist so long as there is a single mind to challenge it.
edit on 23-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Satanism is a counter-cultural reaction to Christianity. It was born of Christianity and often opposes Christianity. And yes, it is more or less centered around the Christian version of Satan/Lucifer. Worship of chaos and various pagan religions are not to be mixed up with Satanism, as Satanism, and it's various branches and orders, are rather specific and have only been around (officially) for ~50 years.

In all honesty it's more of a philosophy of embracing individualism and free will than it is a religion. Hence the part where it is a reaction to Christianity which demands servitude to god and denies free will.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

That's the very definition of subjective morality, if "God" is just making it all up as he goes along like you say here ("his rules his game").

Besides asking whether or not you would side with the "stronger" side just because they would win is NOT a hypothetical because that is exactly what you are saying by saying that Satan is in chains.

By the way, not everything you believe is true.

God doesn't make up the rules as he goes along. He established these things at the very beginning by his advanced foreknowledge. I'm siding with who can resurrect me from the dead, and take away the evil things i have done from my life and my memory and sugar, let me tell you something, that ain't satan. Everything I believe is true because I have been given the truth, which is Jesus Christ and I've been learning a lot of things from the Master.

You shouldn't be desiring for something to take away the things you've done. Own up to your mistakes and learn not to make them again. This is one thing I hate about Christianity; no matter what you've done in your life, you can simply put all the responsibility on Jesus and forget about being responsible for yourself instead of simply growing up and learning how to deal with it. Christianity promotes weakness.

Speaking of being resurrected from the dead, it's funny that with many Christians I've talked to, the core of their belief comes from the fear of dying or of hell. Many don't believe much of the bible or of what they're told, but they're too afraid of the idea of hell to give up that last remaining thread of faith. A fear of death is normal for conscious, living things; this is so that we survive and continue, the same reason we feel hunger or sexual desire. If you give up any and all fear of death and understand that regardless of your beliefs you still continue existing after physical death, Christianity loses alot of merit.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by arpgme

Satanism is a counter-cultural reaction to Christianity. It was born of Christianity and often opposes Christianity. And yes, it is more or less centered around the Christian version of Satan/Lucifer. Worship of chaos and various pagan religions are not to be mixed up with Satanism, as Satanism, and it's various branches and orders, are rather specific and have only been around (officially) for ~50 years.

In all honesty it's more of a philosophy of embracing individualism and free will than it is a religion. Hence the part where it is a reaction to Christianity which demands servitude to god and denies free will.

No, you're very wrong. "Satanism" existed long before Christianity... Of course thousands of years ago it wasn't called "Satanism", but the beings and the ideas were still there. "God" and "Satan" existed back then, but by different names. LaVeyan Satanism, which is not real Satanism, IS born of Christianity and is basically just an anti-religious cultural movement.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Correction: You're siding with you BELIEVE can resurrect you from the dead and change your life and memory. No matter how strongly you believe it is still just a belief.

Show me one place in scripture where satan can defeat God. I can show you many places where GOD shows his unruly lapdog his place, and ends up destroying him.

And you know this how? Oh right, because you were taught to believe so in the bible. Circular logic.

No one taught me to believe in the bible. I didn't become a christian until I was 31, and i'm 33 now. Believing is not something that can be taught by men. I was an agnostic up until that point. So, you don't know squat.

"Everything I believe is true because I have been given the truth, which is Satan and I've been learning a lot of things from The Master."

Just go on believing in your master satan, when the Last Day comes we'll see who is standing and who gets put back on his chain. As for me and my house, we will serve Christ the Lord.

Not wasting anymore time on you. You've trampled enough pearls.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Show me one place in scripture where satan can defeat God. I can show you many places where GOD shows his unruly lapdog his place, and ends up destroying him.

Again, you are basing your entire belief system on what the bible says without even considering other viewpoints outside of it. We all know the bible says the Christian God is "good". But the bible is just a book, like any other religious text or story. It isn't some supernatural, incorruptible holy text, as evidenced by the amount of times throughout history it has been modified and changed. The "scripture" you read today is not even the original version.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Can you produce any credible research or proof that shows the Bible has been re-written or should we just take your word for it?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And your interpretation is simply wrong ... it's a "wannabe" interpretation of a person who opposes the current state of affairs, and instead of intellectually seeking some answers. Choses the opposing force as his ally. Much like the Neo-Nazis chose it, despite the fact that it has been "labeled" evil and bad. The people following it, are not "bad" ... they just act as such, because they oppose the status quo. Much like a "punker" does.

And in all cases, the person in question is wrong ...

Lucifer is "Venus", the morning-star, and the evening-star. he is the bringer of light, and the bringer of knowledge.

Which is why so many "religious" people are living in the desert as nomads, in the mountains and in celibacy. As God is not about knowledge and technology. The beast in the field, that eats you when it's hungry is the true innocent in Gods world. This beast, is "nature".

But, be aware ... "who" is "who" is the difficult part. Because Jesus said, "blessed are those who hunger for knowledge" ... and that, is against the true order of religion. Because with knowledge, you question your existance ... and the existance of God, and thus the true nature of order.

And beware, religion has been called "The whore of babylon" ...

And this is why so many are religious, because it is easier to have "faith" than to use your own judgement. As men, we are imperfect ... our judgement is imperfect and we are often wrong. It is because of this, Jesus said "blessed are the hungry for knowledge ..." because only through knowledge, will you know ... who is Evil and who is Good ...

By their actions, you shall know them ... not by their words, or praises.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Yes, I was speaking of LaVeyan Satanism, which is, more or less, officially known as Satanism. But, if you want to go there, all religion is recycled and can be traced back thousands of years. The three main Abrahamic faiths, for example, can all be traced back to sun worship. The pagan faiths and rituals that were practiced prior to Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are not Satanism; you can't just declare, "Hey, that s*** was pretty dark, it must have been Satanic!"

In the end it's all garbage; just people trying to make sense of things they cannot understand through superstition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join