It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism: Another look at the spiritual "War" and why "Wars" exist...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

So you go to hell if you are born into a tribe in Africa and have never even heard the word jesus....
God is granting Satan the power to do wrong for a test? You said it your self right and wrong are not subjective.

Not necessarily, part of the entire reason for missionary journeys was to spread word of Christ to the world. He puts within us all a seed to know instinctually that he is there. The gospel is being preached in every corner of the world so there is no excuse. God doesn't grant satan power for anything, satan asks to test certain people and he is allowed to, so that God can magnify his glory when We resist his attacks, you learn this from the book of Job.

Did he place dinosaur bones on the planet to test us as well?

No, behemoths as they were called back then, were here with Adam.

you say its man's fault but that we inherited it from Adam, so is it mans fault or Adam's?
Remember in the beginning Man did not have the choice, it was not a test from the start....

Adam is man, A'dam is the Hebrew word for Man. Adam always had a choice. Eve was deceived, but Adam knew what he was doing. He heeded his wife instead of heeding God, that was his sin and that was the test he failed, it was a test of faith. Because of his failure, we his children inherited a nature to sin (do wrong).

The apple is knowledge,consciousness, you are embracing, consciousness by gain knowledge by reading the bible. Your eating the fruit God told Adam and eve not to eat. Does that sound right? Denying us Consciousness to be subservient.

Not true, Adam already had consciousness, God didn't create a robot, he created a being that was capable of thinking. Knowledge of good and evil was never his to acquire, he was meant only to exist in the world that was created for him. The tree of Knowledge was the Creator's burden to bear. Once the cat was out of the bag God decided to become man's teacher, he set it all in order for us what was right and what was wrong because although "we" had gained knowledge we lacked the wisdom to use it for good.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I mean honestly if you compare the two, lets just compare body counts shall we,
Gods total as best estimates put it, taken from various parts of the bible when
he destroyed entire cities and so on is about 2.4 million, satan has a body count
right around 10, im sure y'all can excuse the basis for morality killing that many
but i have a hard time with mass murderers, heck i would have a hard time with
satan even though his is only 10 because thats 10 people he murdered......

So the moral of the story is don't follow mass murderers, they tend to lead the
world in that direction, as evidence to this claim i offer all the religious deaths
since jesus supposedly died on the cross........ what is wrong with religious morals.......

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Who says everyone has to be the same under the unity of God? I see more sameness in satanists (and I've known them). Satanism is instant gratification for power. God is delayed gradificatiom - a power born of faith. Because satan is seen as rebellious there would always be violence on some level (psychological or physical) as a way to sustain rebellion. There could not be peace so war on some level would always exist as that's what satan values - conflict.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
lol, you know, never mind.....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Satan is not a counterweight to God as you have been led to believe.
Satan is a creation of God and God will decide what Satans ultimate destiny is... along with those who follow him.

This is what you were taught to believe and you just accepted as truth without questioning it.

Strange how some humans seem to think very positively of Satan.

Really? Where are all these humans that think positively of Satan? Because most of the world believes in God.

Satan looked down upon man as inferior because man was made of "earth" while he was made of "fire".
When Satan was expelled, he swore to mislead mankind. You might choose to follow him, but actually it is Satan who is leading you astray.

Again, this is what you were taught to believe and you just accepted this belief as truth without questioning it or looking at the other side.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm not going not engage in the hypothetical. Right and wrong are not subjective, God is the decider. His rules, his game.

"lol".

That's the very definition of subjective morality, if "God" is just making it all up as he goes along like you say here ("his rules his game").

Besides asking whether or not you would side with the "stronger" side just because they would win is NOT a hypothetical because that is exactly what you are saying by saying that Satan is in chains.

By the way, not everything you believe is true.

I didn't ignore anything, I answered you, just not how you desired.

Know you didn't. You simply said Satan was in chains and that was it.

But Here is where you really say something that relates to the Original Post:

They don't "clash" into eachother, you are of the opinion that ha'satan is equal in power to God, that is where you are wrong. God is the Master holding that chain, satan does nothing of his own will, he can only do what God allows. People all the time try to blame satan, but more often than not it's man causing his own troubles with that nature to sin (do wrong) we inherited from Adam. This is one huge test, and theres only one way you can walk away with a passing score and that is through Jesus Christ, any other way and you will fail.

I have mention again that just because you were taught that Satan is not equal in power to God does not mean that it is true. By the way, you say "ha'satan" as if Satan was made up by the Jews (Hebrew), but Satan is a concept much older than that. Well, at least you actually focused on the Original Post. I disagree with you but thank you for actually making your response relevant instead of just saying Satan is in chains which had nothing to do with the topic.

reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Satanism is a farce; it implies that a god is, and thus must its counterpart be. God is not.

Not really, you don't have to believe in God to believe in Satan, only if you believe in the bible, but if you understand that the concept is much older than The Bible then it is possible to believe in Satan without God.

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Regarding to religion's role in war, we see in places that are dominated by one faith (i.e Islam) that people still massacre members of different sects. Unity my ass, religion only divides.

And what do these religions seek to do? To dominate everyone by one faith - you are correct , and that's the "unity" that they want. This is the "God Unity". It's about control to make everyone the same. The division happens from those who fight back and don't want to be controlled.

reply to post by TheOnlyAnswer

Originally posted by TheOnlyAnswer
My good man. It sounds like you're justifying your own personal theology.

Not "my" personal theology. This is an interpretation of Theistic Satanism.

Unfortunately I can't agree with it, in any way, and encourage you to ask questions regarding your own beliefs.

Such as? I'm open minded. What questions do you think I should be asking?

Personally, I pity Lucifer/Satan. I love him but I pity him. Pride can be blinding. He actually believes that he can overcome the Lord Almighty. Poor fool, and foolish are those that follow him.

Have you ever thought, that what you believe about Satan is false? Because what you're saying here just sounds like you believed whatever came out of the bible without questioning it.

reply to post by Dianec

Originally posted by Dianec
Who says everyone has to be the same under the unity of God? I see more sameness in satanists (and I've known them). Satanism is instant gratification for power. God is delayed gradificatiom - a power born of faith.

Most people do not understand Satanism. If their intention is to control others (power in THAT sense), then they aren't Satanists because Satanism is about Individuality and to control others is to go against that and their free-will. There is a strong emphasis of Free-Will in Satanism because Satan represents a force of Separation and Difference and that is naturally occurring with Free-will (unless one is controlling others then they obviously don't believe in free-will which would not be Satanism then).

By the way, who says everyone has to be the same under "the unity of God" ask that to the many people who were slaughtered and forced to convert under one religion to worship God in the so-called *right* way.

edit on 23-6-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Satan looked down upon man as inferior because man was made of "earth" while he was made of "fire"

IF he did/does look down on mankind, he very well deserves to. I think the idea that we, as human beings, are somehow superior to the most powerful spiritual forces in existence is completely asinine, and any God that would try to enforce such a belief is sick. Even if we were "sinless", we are nothing compared to the greatest spirits.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Infi8nity

By this logic you would chose satin if he was the decider.

Its a matter of choosing the Creator over a created being, which Satan is.

Except I don't believe the Christian God is the true God of creation... It seems that it was at one time involved in the creation of the Earth and/or of humanity, but not of ALL creation.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Because satan is seen as rebellious there would always be violence on some level (psychological or physical) as a way to sustain rebellion. There could not be peace so war on some level would always exist as that's what satan values - conflict.

As opposed to what, watching someone brutally rape and murder your whole family and then giving them a big hug afterwards and telling them you love them, because that's what Jesus wants you to do?
No thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If everybody would be the same in Unity (God) then there would be no Conflicts.

True.

Likewise, if everybody would just accept that we're all different (Satan) then there would be no Conflicts.

Not true. It goes deeper than that. With Satan there are always conflicts because there is no such thing as "acceptance". He's all about the power struggle, even between the individualists.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Most people do not understand Satanism. If their intention is to control others (power in THAT sense), then they aren't Satanists because Satanism is about Individuality and to control others is to go against that and their free-will. There is a strong emphasis of Free-Will in Satanism because Satan represents a force of Separation and Difference and that is naturally occurring with Free-will (unless one is controlling others then they obviously don't believe in free-will which would not be Satanism then).

Thank you for mentioning this. Personally, I have a very strong aversion to imposing my will on others or of others imposing their will on me. It seems that ultimate unity and oneness is counter-productive to creation and completely backwards. Imagine every planet, star, asteroid, whatever suddenly joining back into one single mass of matter. What would have been the point in even creating it all in the first place then? We are SUPPOSED to have free will. It is from these Gods that we got the ideas that certain things are "wrong", or "evil", when this is not the case.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by arpgme

Not true. It goes deeper than that. With Satan there are always conflicts because there is no such thing as "acceptance". He's all about the power struggle, even between the individualists.

How can there be wars/fights if we already accept that we are all different? Wars and Fights comes from the need to control to force others to do what you want or be the same as you.

reply to post by trollz

Originally posted by trollz
Thank you for mentioning this. Personally, I have a very strong aversion to imposing my will on others or of others imposing their will on me. It seems that ultimate unity and oneness is counter-productive to creation and completely backwards. Imagine every planet, star, asteroid, whatever suddenly joining back into one single mass of matter. What would have been the point in even creating it all in the first place then? We are SUPPOSED to have free will. It is from these Gods that we got the ideas that certain things are "wrong", or "evil", when this is not the case.

Exactly. People see the sacrifice of self to join with sameness/unity/oneness as the end of suffering but I also see it as death.

A great metaphor is this, a building is unique, it has its own look and structure, just because it came from stone doesn't mean that it's job is to break itself down to return to the stone to be "one" with Earth. Living life/spirit is even more than a "building" because my belief is that life and spirit is flexible changing itself to adapt unlike a building (evolution). No need to destroy one's soul (personality/individuality) into essence for oneness with energy/God.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to arpgme

"If everybody would be the same in Unity (God) then there would be no Conflicts."
"True."

I guess this is why the angels rebelled and warred amongst themselves?

"Likewise, if everybody would just accept that we're all different (Satan) then there would be no Conflicts."
"Not true. It goes deeper than that. With Satan there are always conflicts because there is no such thing as 'acceptance'. He's all about the power struggle, even between the individualists."

Power struggle is inherent in nature. Animals kill other animals, sometimes simply for fun and game. They assert dominance on one another and have hierarchies. Are they "evil"? No, of course not. They're doing what is natural for them. Bodies in space collide with the Earth, causing damage. Are these things evil? What about earthquakes leveling buildings and killing hundreds? No, conflict is natural.

*Writing in color because the formatting was all messed up

edit on 23-6-2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How can there be wars/fights if we already accept that we are all different? Wars and Fights comes from the need to control to force others to do what you want or be the same as you.

Let me say this again. Satan is NOT ABOUT ACCEPTANCE! He is a rebel.

The power struggle itself comes from SATAN!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I guess this is why the angels rebelled and warred amongst themselves?

Yes! The leading angel (Satan), led other angels to REBEL against God, which led to disharmony.

That war has been carried down to earth. It is now our choice as to whether or not to follow God or follow the rebel.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Let me say this again. Satan is NOT ABOUT ACCEPTANCE! He is a rebel.

The power struggle itself comes from SATAN!

As we can see through history God is not a force of Acceptance. God is all about control and sacrificing your free-will or else suffering the consequence.

By the way it is your belief that "Satan" is a person that rebelled against God. Satan is a force in my opinion. Lucifer tapped into that gigantic force and that's how he knew to "rebel" against the-god-force.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Conflict is only natural on earth as we know it because it has been corrupted by the rebel.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

As we can see through history God is not a force of Acceptance. God is all about control and sacrificing your free-will or else suffering the consequence.

When are you going to learn that God doesn't have to accept us, it's us who has to accept him or choose to rebel. He gives you the free will to rebel if you really want to, but yes, there are consequences for that, just like Satan is learning when he was kicked out of heaven.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

When are you going to learn that God doesn't have to accept us, it's us who has to accept him or choose to rebel.

That is not called "Learning" that called Submitting to servitude/slavery.

He gives you the free will to rebel if you really want to, but yes, there are consequences for that, just like Satan is learning when he was kicked out of heaven.

Then it isn't free-will. If someone will punish you for doing something, then that is IMPOSING on free-will. It is CONTROL.

By the way, as I said before, it is your "BELIEF" that Satan was kicked out of heaven. Satan is a force that was never in heaven in my belief and Lucifer tapped into this force of Satan to know (receive thoughts) to rebel against God.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If that's the case, why call it "Satanism?" I understand that Satanism is not worship of Satan, but it just seems like they could have chosen a less notorious name for the sake of avoiding a bad image. It seems a bit self harming.

Also, religious strife is not exclusive to Islam. There are many different sects of Christianity, Judaism, and just about any other religion that becomes popular, as there have been throughout history. The trend seems to be of men in power manipulating the word of their gods to better suits their needs, and those brave enough to disagree with them bending gods' words to suit theirs.

What does this mean? Religion is just a tool, the real beast lies in the hearts of men. Religion is only an excuse, a way to dehumanize the enemy. War is human nature.
edit on 23-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

By the way, as I said before, it is your "BELIEF" that Satan was kicked out of heaven. Satan is a force that was never in heaven in my belief and Lucifer tapped into this force of Satan to know (receive thoughts) to rebel against God.

In all honesty, God didn't say anything about creating "forces".

He created angels and he created man.

Lucifer is a fallen angel who's name changed after he was booted out of heaven and not worthy of a heavenly name any longer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join