It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US destroying billions of dollars worth of their military hardware in Afghanistan!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Come on people use your brains here...if we re-use all that hardware, how are the military industrial complex and military contractors going to make money on the next war?

SheesH!

/sar

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to use a Tourniquet to stop the bleeding.

The bankers make more if the mines continue mining and the foundries continue melting.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

God forbid that our government tries to be efficient with our money. This sucks ass

See ? Money matters ? heads and bodies and eyes and innocence and arms and legs don't matter.

What do I see ?

Materialists who want their govt dig oil and pump it back to their homes.

Maybe you should ask the president next time.
edit on 24-6-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You know something is badly wrong when the US would rather destroy military hardware instead of letting their puppet government/army have it.... while at the same time planning peace talks with the very enemy they invaded Afghanistan to get rid of. Something is clearly amiss here... and this isn't getting a fraction of the coverage it should on most news channels.

Maybe they are going to free the dog.

Like when they freed Saddam and he invaded Iran.

And at last they overthrew him in one night.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The weapons need to b destroyed to make way for new weapons for the next war. What next war. The one that is planned to get america out of the current financial crisis. WAR MAKE MONEY. Easy as that. Not for me and you no but to the 1%

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What guarantee do we have that all this military hardware and weaponry will in fact be destroyed in it's entirety? Definitely an opportunity for a few things to go missing, I agree with the idea of at least keeping them out of the hands of people that would put them to no good use, but I just can't trust known liars.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
here is another article that is better from the washing post.

from page 2 of the article

A situation unlike in Iraq
The U.S. Army owns the lion’s share of the military equipment currently in Afghanistan. As of May, Mason said, $25 billion worth of equipment was deployed with Army personnel. After an analysis of needs and costs, it has decided to ship back no more than 76 percent. Transporting that much will cost $2 billion to $3 billion, the Army estimates. And repairing the gear that comes back will cost $8 billion to $9 billion.

Scrapping equipment key to Afghan drawdown

so i see no problem with what is happening. within six months after we leave, the taliban will be back in charge again. and the last thing anybody wants or needs is a bunch of poppy grownin , goat heardin, islamic fundies ridin around in armored personal carriers.

But its okay for us Americans to be in armored vehicles while protecting the poppy growin goat hearding islamic funies? Makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

money matters. yes. since the dawn of coin and civilized men. no matter where you are from.

emotions are for those I love, everyone else gets cold hard logic. dont try to sell me the horrors of war in hopes I cry over it.

No man is without sin right? Then worry about your peoples and your own and leave god to judge my peoples and mine.

We are not materialists, we simply live in the real world where things cost blood sweat and tears to have. your statement was judgemental, not insightful.

edit on 1-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

we simply live in the real world where things cost blood sweat and tears to have.

I couldn't understand your point much.

I do believe that development costs sweat ,too.

But I do disagree that it needs blood and tear.

This universe is so big that we don't need to kill each other for benefits.

And even if it was small , we don't have right to kill others to get theirs.

No man is without sin right?

I won't back a govt which kills innocent people for greed. And I don't go to that war.

I am not a saint , but I am not that sinful.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I am not a saint

Who is?

that is kind of the point. EVerything else is just a detail you entertain to tell your story. As a person....who do you know who IS a saint that you judge other men by his perfect standards?

We all think we are great as people, even the worst of us.....similarly as a civilization we see our own contribution to humanity as the best one.

We think OUR way is the correct one. That the others are sinful or wrong in some way....unnatural. Who are we to judge anyone....even to say that their way of life is wrong or an abomination of sorts?

As if we are without "sin."

Live and let live. That means about ALL. everything from empires to single houses. Live and let live. That is all that is important.

the rest....is not your problem. Live your own life correctly and leave the rest to God, as it is that you are powerless to change the world. You can only change yourself.

The American empire already exists. God knows. Move along and scrutinize your self for sin.

Don´t look for another´s stains.....just look to keep your self clean. That is the only necessary example to set.

I know where you are coming from. But you are wrong, no matter how right you may be. You just dont get it. What you see in humanity is your own reference to yourself. It is not your enemy. You are always your own enemy. There is no other. Good and bad men are everywhere and always will be.

Be as good as you can be and leave the judgement of whole peoples or humanity to God. Choose for only yourself.

That is all I wanted to express to you.

Be well.

edit on 5-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep. It was foolish to think we could take control of a place like Afghanistan. There is no infrastructure to destroy. No real cities or army, or munitions factories. Nothing you can do that will make them submit. They had litterally nothing to lose. They just head for cover and fight and fight until their enemy is broke and then they come back out and take back over.

We wasted billions (if not trillions) supposedly after one man (who wasn't even there). There was NO reason to go. We just spent 11/12 years fighting two wars with for no reason, and it played it's special part (along with corrupt bankers and the FED) in destroying are country. After the big dip/crash this year, I wonder if we will go the way the soviets did haha.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The American empire already exists. God knows. Move along and scrutinize your self for sin.

Don´t look for another´s stains.....just look to keep your self clean. That is the only necessary example to set.

I know where you are coming from. But you are wrong, no matter how right you may be. You just dont get it. What you see in humanity is your own reference to yourself. It is not your enemy. You are always your own enemy. There is no other. Good and bad men are everywhere and always will be.

Be as good as you can be and leave the judgement of whole peoples or humanity to God. Choose for only yourself.

I can't close my eyes on the oppressions and invasions by western govts.

Islam has taught me not to be sheep that others slay .

Islam tells me to fight inside and outside enemies.

Islam has taught me to fight the thieves who want to loot after killing me.

Your governments are wolves standing by our resources.

Look at other countries on this planet.

There are many Muslim country teaching terrorism , but West is just interested on this particular part of planet. the middle east.

I think you want to close your eyes on what your govt does to other people.And you ask me to do it too.

And if I wanted to close my eyes , I shouldn't have been on this website.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hello

It is not that I ask that you close your eyes to anything, but rather I ask that you open them to something else.

What "fight" are you talking of? What conflict do you count yourself part of?

Is your time on Gods earth a time of "your war"....or is it more like being a guest in someone elses home?

You lay claim to the middle east as though it is yours personally. Like you are being robbed personally.

Governments will always be corrupt. Do you not see that? You dont have to be....that is YOUR freedom.

I would never ask another free man to bend his knee. No free person wishes another to be a slave. It is intolerable to a free spirit.

Ask your self this. Would the west be interested in the resources of the middle east if powerful men had not offered them? Take for example South America or Cuba....

Everywhere the power elite of a territory has opposed the west as an ally it has not set up shop. Everywhere it is offered a recompense for its business it stays.

You think every ounce of precious metal and drop of oil in the middle east would go to the people if the west was openly asked to stay away?

Asia is richer in monetary value of its combined resources then the middle east. South America is still virgin, holding vast unknown resources just under its dense jungles....why is the west not everywhere there?

Because some countries have not been asked the west to do business with them by the ruling elite there. That is why.

Take Egypt. Muslim brotherhood robbed the nation of Egypt of a true election. 10% voted and the puppet that won had only a 56% percentage of those votes. So about 5% of the population asked for his leadership.....WHY?

Because the true power of Egypt is not foolish. They know the generations of their houses will stand wealthy no matter the dynamic on the street and in the hearts of the people.

The west is not omnipotent...and it is not a belligerent oath crashing into other peoples houses drunk on oil.....it is a sly fox that is asked to visit by the master of the home.

Everywhere the west is in force, it is there upon the request of those that OWN the country or territory that needs to be intervened. The true power of any nation is not aligned with the true identity of its people. It is power unto itself. The same is true of even my own home.

I could get caught up on all that and commit to "my war" against it, but that would be dumb and sinful.

I am too busy trying to stay true to my truth. I am too concerned with my family and my personal struggle to overcome my human condition to even entertain the thought out of arrogance that somehow....I am needed to wage a war against or fight an enemy I alone chose to stand against.

It is very arrogant if you think about it to think that God needs you or myself to fight another bipedal animal known as "man" in order to stop him eating more than us or being more comfortable than us because he collects more shiny metals, rocks, and million year old organic rot in the form of oil.....

If that is his choice then so be it. I am none the less for it.

Why take any banner or symbol made by man and then think it somehow sets you apart from mankind or a particular man. God is not in "your war" or my "home". God is not concerned with such things. Why would he?

That is only important to you and myself. Are you indispensable to God? He needs you as you are now?...youre perfect? Oh really?

No one is. Humanity is not.

You must focus on your own personal growth and well being. The world is not yours to decide what to do with it or how best it should be. Not even your "HOME". That is not easy to accept. But it is true.

We are guests here. No one has claim to this world....not even a master in his home. We all die and leave to others what we are not truly.

Our spirit has a home. Our home is completed when we return. Nothing we think is ours in this world will be anyones eventually when enough time passes.

All through that, of generations of men being born and killed,God exists. He is not a loan shark giving land and well being to people in exchange for good worship.

He does not "need" us to do a thing. WE NEED to make it back home. That means that every ounce of our being must be focused on that task. Not the intervention of worldly events that we think need our attention.

That is not being a sheep. all the contrary. Only enlightened souls make it home. The rest stay in the "hotel earth"....like guests fighting over the best room. Some even end up working there and the hotel becomes their home, like some sort of house slave.

The rest...well they are just passing through. Just visiting. Here for what ever reason personally, but ultimately en route to home. That is their concern. Getting there.

What is your goal? being part of "heaven" (excuse the word) or being part of a more perfect earth according to you?

Let empires rise and fall as long as good men can still walk the earth.

what more do you want? You can still be a good man.

Why judge others, even the most evil of our lot? Is that your purpose?

You work here or something?

edit on 6-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I think how we live in this hotel determines how we will live later.

SO , this hotel is a mean to an end.

And reaching the destination really depends on how people used to live in this hotel.

In Islamic teaching , this hotel is not just ours. It also belongs to our children.

And it is this hotel that we all born in and find our path and fuel for our travel.

WE can not leave it for thieves to rub.

We believe in good ending of this world , in final justice.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
What guarantee do we have that all this military hardware and weaponry will in fact be destroyed in it's entirety? Definitely an opportunity for a few things to go missing, I agree with the idea of at least keeping them out of the hands of people that would put them to no good use, but I just can't trust known liars.

I can pretty much guarantee that a pretty good amount will go "missing", if our Iraq withdrawal was any indication. Along with stuff that get's shipped out, but wasn't supposed to be shipped out.

Heck, i had two 20 foot shipping containers full of comms and computer gear that left Mosul and never made it to Kuwait. The RFID tags stopped transmitting around Balad.

Some Iraqi's probably got themselves a pretty sweet internet cafe goin' on now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yep. It was foolish to think we could take control of a place like Afghanistan. There is no infrastructure to destroy. No real cities or army, or munitions factories. Nothing you can do that will make them submit. They had litterally nothing to lose. They just head for cover and fight and fight until their enemy is broke and then they come back out and take back over.

I really couldn't agree more. I don't know if you meant that with a light dose of sarcasm but I should wouldn't. I'd call it point blank honest and true. In fact, I said something similar myself in the Fall of 2001 in terms of what a BAD idea it was to recreate the Soviet mistake by invading a place that broke empires like a cracker.

Afghanistan is the place to hunt specific people down in ...not to occupy and nation build in. If a few men were who had to die in 2001 or Saddam in 2003? A few men....few men should have been sent to kill those other few men while the populations of nations went largely undisturbed. Instead, it's always Hollywood style wars where the targets never seem to get killed anyway and those populations are put through utter hell.

Afghanistan = Hell on Earth to all but those who choose to live there. So, lets stop trying to take over Hell and leave it to the locals.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Whew boy I wish I could be there for that. Back at the end of the first gulf war I took part in decommissioning a lot of equipment.

Yes it is a cost analysis that determines what is shipped back and what gets dumped. I would have a field day with this stuff. I am giddy just thinking of all the det cord that will be used.

Look this happens at every drawdown. You don’t give classified material or hardware to other countries and you do not ship back junk heaps to be repaired. Afghanistan is a tough cookie because of geographic local. Also keep in mind a good portion of the equipment they are talking about is already decommissioned.

Seriously you don’t think every Humvee or mraps that has been damaged by an IED gets sent back to the states for repair do you? No it does not they sit in yards where they are striped for parts for other vehicles but the government still counts their full price when doing these reports. They do not Kelly bluebook these things.

So chill people it isn’t anywhere near what you think. I will bet 80% of what is being left behind can’t move on its own as it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What a mistake. It may cost to ship it all back but what about the next time the US feels the need to intervene? Americans will have to fork up billions again. Even for the sense of domestic safety all the equipment should be sent back, if only for making the women feel more safe knowing in case of invasion there's equipment ready to be used.

Maybe it's better to strike some deals and bury it behind tonnes of steel doors at the location or maybe even have remote controlled defense systems around the perimeter. For fast deployment of assets for example. Even if the US doesn't want to get involved in the future and chooses isolation it would be better to have all that hardware in sites across the country ready to be used and as physical proof to back up the unwritten warning to other countries not to ever try and invade.
edit on 9/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join