It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Liners (Posting) --- Yay or Nay?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I'd MUCH rather open a thread to find one-liners than what I'm seeing lately. ENDLESS posts and replies! Man, people are writing freakin' novels for comments here. Seems the art of editing out irrelevant info is a dying art.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Perhaps --- and I ain't trying to come off like we need Naziland in ATS. There's plenty of rules as is --- but specific forums ( the Mystery based ones especially) appear to just be trolled left and right by this damned drive-by commentry.

And I hear ya on that too. But at least those guys are getting good typing practice out of it; versus just some lazy slob of a post "cool story bro" = these gotta be the biggest eye-sore for me when trying to ligitimately learn more about the topic on hand.
I've almost given up on reading the comments of this website, maybe I gotta stop feeding the dead horse carrots by now.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

As you've taken part in this discussion you cant mod me out

More of a guideline than an actual rule....

Check the ACTUAL rule on one-liners, and you'll see that if it contributes to the discussion, one line is fine. If not, then subject to a warn. It isn't a top priority though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by VoidHawk

As you've taken part in this discussion you cant mod me out

More of a guideline than an actual rule....

Check the ACTUAL rule on one-liners, and you'll see that if it contributes to the discussion, one line is fine. If not, then subject to a warn. It isn't a top priority though.

Quite often one line is all it needs, and I do a lot of one liners, but I do try to make it count. Personally I see a wall of text as more of a problem than one liners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join