It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermoon pictures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Does a supermoon have an affect on the Earth, some sites seems to think so although I don't honestly agree with their theory.

Certain prognosticators have moved the goalposts to within 1 or 2 weeks of a "supermoon" to suggest a causal relationship with specific natural disasters. "Supermoons" that have "Coincided" with Natural Disasters Devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Indonesia on Dec. 26, 2004 occurred about two weeks prior to a "supermoon" on Jan. 10, 2005. "Supermoon" occurred on Jan. 30, 2010, about two weeks after the catastrophic earthquake that hit Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010. Catastrophic earthquake and tsunami struck Japan on March 11, 2011 occurred about one week prior to the "supermoon" on March 19, 2011 "Supermoon" occurred on Feb. 21, 2011 just before the devastating earthquake that hit Christchurch, New Zealand on Feb. 22, 2011.

ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com.au...

Here is a video. www.youtube.com...

I will be taking pictures tonight depending on the cloud coverage in my area in England, UK. The moon is my favorite place that I'll never get to touch

edit on 23-6-2013 by skyblueworld because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's at its closest point but that's hardly any different to normal apart from it being a percent or so brighter than an average full moon. Tides, gravity and life in general will go on as per normal and generally we'd be unaware of any difference unless someone were to tell us there was something special about it.

I took a quick look at it and yes, it's crystal clear & bright and probably at the highest elevation we ever see at this location. It's also frosty out there so I'm not going to be loitering around outdoors with scope and camera - brrrr.
edit on 23/6/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
Devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Indonesia on Dec. 26, 2004 occurred about two weeks prior to a "supermoon" on Jan. 10, 2005.

"Supermoon" occurred on Jan. 30, 2010, about two weeks after the catastrophic earthquake that hit Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010.

Instantly ruling out any effect.

For those who dont know anything about astronomy, the orbit of the moon is such that the moment when it is CLOSEST to the earth is the opposite side of the orbit, as to when it is FURTHEST away.

Since the moon takes about 4 weeks to orbit the earth, any event that happens two weeks before or after a supermoon, is happening at the time when the moon is FURTHEST away from the earth and any wacko cosmic effects are smallest.

The other examples cited, which were a week away from the "supermoon", the moon is at its most perfectly AVERAGE distance from the earth... and thus any effects are most ordinarily average.

So what this article is saying is that if the moon is any distance at all to the earth, close, far, average, whatever, it is declared to be a "hit".

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow, i thought it was last month according to news sources by us. Will be out taking some photos tonight, again

From last month. Taken on a Canon SX40, no telescope.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great pictures....and the moon looks so huge....but I hope someone can take a shot with trees or something to get some perspective.
We didn't get to see it here last night

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Tonight's Super Moon

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It would, wouldn't it??? Just add some clouds, mountains, trees, (pick whatever is blocking your view) and add it to the view outside the guys window. That's usually the view I am blessed with, so sometimes it is just nice to be able to see it at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
FWIW you can watch a live webcast of it here....

www.space.com...

Kinda reminds me of this...

Haha I know what you mean

But the link is for people who won't be in a position to see it for what ever reason. Though I'm guessing it won't be all that "epic" watching it on video, the size increase is more apparent in real life... watching it on video will probably look like any other moon filmed on video hehe.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Dominar because: typo

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Totally clouded over here in the UK but here is one I took back in 2012:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Taken 40 minutes ago.

(click for full size)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thank you to all who shared, especially pictures.

Simply beautiful!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Taken ~1 hour ago with a Canon T3i + EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens.

Click to enlarge photo's.

Actual...

Zoom...

Zoom B/W...

edit on 23-6-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This was a little bit after sunset using just a Nikon Coolpix 20.1 megapixel camera with 7x zoom. Believe it or not, the only editing I did with the picture was to straighten it using iPhoto because it was tilted just slightly. The clouds were illuminated by the moon making it look like the moonrise was mimicking how the sun looks as it's setting over an ocean.

Clouds are made from water and so is the ocean so I guess what we have here is the duality of night mimicking day (As above, so below).

The moon was giving good face tonight

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Wow, and the winner for best Photography award goes to you! Amazing pictures well done, epic stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Thank you so much for your kind words!

These next photos i took back in February. Moon setting. It was glowing, as if you could see heat coming from it via reflection from the sun. I couldn't get it to focus any better, no matter what i tried on my camera. But, it was a HUGE moon!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had my camera all charge up and ready to aim and shoot...

then the clouds set in and hid it from view just before time for it to rise.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I took this pic of the supermoon on Sunday.
~HAARPWatcher

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yep, we had the same issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join