It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermoon pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Anyone planning on taking pictures? If so could you share them here?

I am not sure if the sky will be clear enough here plus I missed the last 2 super moon events.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
like to help but its all cats and dogs here

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Planning on it if it stays clear enough where i'm at. Right now it's partly cloudy so fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Super moon, close to earth ...and there's nothing but cloud cover. Sounds like a HARRP cover-up!!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Clear here. I'll try, but I never figured out how to upload pics here. Still can't figure out how to do my Avi!! Years later......

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wish it were just clouds from HAARP I need to see around. My sky is completely blocked out by a large silent, hovering craft shaped like a triangle and as wide as the sky.

Actually, my Digital camera is on a trip with the misses.... wish I could do more but I will watch the sky for anything spectacular.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's really cloudy where I am at the moment, hoping it will clear up tomorrow night.

In case you miss it you can watch it here live on Sunday the 23rd at 9 p.m. EDT (0100 June 24 GMT).

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If it helps, you could just take a photo of any old ordinary average full moon, and expand its size in photoshop by a few percent.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Go to tools, then ATS uploads then follow directions from there. It is simple but if you don't know where to start it could be aggravating.

I'm still waiting for it to show here, still behind the trees, looks like it might stay clear here. I missed it last year on account of a storm so i'm waiting for this one no matter clouds or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Go to tools, then ATS uploads then follow directions from there. It is simple but if you don't know where to start it could be aggravating.

I'm still waiting for it to show here, still behind the trees, looks like it might stay clear here. I missed it last year on account of a storm so i'm waiting for this one no matter clouds or not.

TY! I will give it a go as soon as it come around through the trees...looks huge!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is how the moon loiks like right now where I live.

I just took those with my galaxy s3 phone and telescope. I used negative and solarized effects when taking the last 2 by the way.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Great job El!! Certainly does look large! Great pics. TY for sharing

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What is the deal with natural disaster within 2 weeks of a Super Moon?
Has that been debunked?

It makes sense to me with the moon being responsible for the tides - you would think the closer it gets to earth its not only pulling on the ocean harder but on the tectonic plates as well....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
FWIW you can watch a live webcast of it here....

www.space.com...

It starts June 23.

Sorry for not reading the whole thing. Somebody beat me to it.

edit on 6/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
It makes sense to me with the moon being responsible for the tides - you would think the closer it gets to earth its not only pulling on the ocean harder but on the tectonic plates as well....

You'd think so, but the moons perigee occurs *every month*.
One would think that if there's a perigee related earthquake relationship, it probably would have been noticed by now.

The "supermoon" today is merely a pretty looking full moon at this time. Nobody ever gets excited about a "super new moon", or a "super first quarter moon", or a "super crescent moon" when they occur at perigee.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
FWIW you can watch a live webcast of it here....

www.space.com...

Kinda reminds me of this...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

first one with a 25mm

32mm

17mm

Through a Celestron goto

BTW, ElOmen your second to last one is wild....very cool. Is that a camera feature or a program?

edit on 23-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is a camera feature.its the negative effect.

I wonder how many different angles of the moon we can get from different members.

It is really ahining bright tonight

edit on 23-6-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

they just said on the bbc news that its at its closest at noon today

so you will be able to get more pics tonight also

BTW very overcast here in chester so any pics with prospective would be welcomed

go go astronomers

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Whilst I am aware the moon is slightly larger can I ask what you all expect to see... that cannot be seen at any other time with a full moon....???

What new thing will you see...???

edit on 23-6-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join