It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement by Julian Assange after One Year in Ecuadorian Embassy - 06.22.13

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne

if assange is not genuine (and he is not)

if assange is not genuine (and TopsyTurvyOne assumes he is not)

there I fixed it for you - you are welcome!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I wonder if this was written before the death of hastings, it seems reasonable to assume it was. it was published the 22nd so was probably written earlier.

Actually it was published on the 18th but most of it probably was written earlier what with Assanges Ecuador embassy anniversary and all - your point being?

From the same article:

The sad news is being taken in by all self-respecting journalists. Someone who had a great passion for what he did and embodied the adversarial spirit that muckraking reporters should have in journalism died in a car accident at a young age. Rolling Stone contributor Michael Hastings died in a car crash in Los Angeles at the age of 33. His death also happens to come almost exactly one year after WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange sought asylum from Ecuador and entered the country’s embassy in the United Kingdom.

also:

A standard for interviewing someone like Assange that few journalists follow was set by Hastings. His passion and commitment to journalism will be missed.

Thinking about it you were probably referring to Assange's statement and not the article I quoted - Ooops, my bad!
edit on 23-6-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: brainfart, followed by facepalm

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

i don't assume. i know.
this is basic stuff really. to not know that assange is a stooge is detrimental
to ones worldview.
but continue as you will.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
What? No Trolls

I wonder what will become of Assange Snowden & Manning?

These three cases present quite a lesson as to the DIShonesty of the msm worldwide. Just look at the way (if at all) its being reported.

I doubt Snowden and Assange will ever meet, in person. At least no time soon. Maybe through an online video chat?

If Snowden even sets foot in London, he will be arrested immediately and sent to the USA. If Assange ever leaves the Ecuadorian embassy in London, he will be arrested immediately and sent to the USA.

Maybe they'll meet each other at Guatanamo.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

i don't assume. i know.
this is basic stuff really. to not know that assange is a stooge is detrimental
to ones worldview.

but continue as you will.

"Basic stuff" - as in times tables basic, you mean? Wow, I must be really dumb then. How embarrassing.

Can you educate me as to why he's a stooge? You sound just like the expert I need. I don't want to have a detrimental world view, it sounds really painful! It shouldn't take you but a minute because, you know, it's so basic and all. And i really, really hate the idea that people might think I'm dumb. Help me?

Yours in the interests of education,

Archie
edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

your aim is weak there archer. and you are not dumb, just slow.
click the link i already provided and take a few hours out of
your time, in the interests of education. (click the big shiny yellow 'know', y'know).

(here it is again, so you have no no homework excuses).

know.

please report back after an adequate and serious examination of the evidence amassed
against our good friend assange. (put an 'l' before him and switch the 'n' and 'g' and you
have a handy hot serving full of wheat and meat that can be whipped up in no time!).
edit on 23-6-2013 by TopsyTurvyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't have the attention span to wade through all that!! Besides it uses big words. Why don't you just explain it to me like I'm three. That would help, like, a lot.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I only hope that one day these guys will be recognized as the hero's that they are.

I cant even imagine what it would be like to give up your entire life for what you believe. These men are as brave as they come and I wish them all the luck.

I would like to think that in the same situation I would do the right thing, but one never knows.

We vas a nation need to see to it that their efforts are not wasted. At some point we need to stand for what we believe. These guys have exposed the corruption. We need to see to it that justice prevails.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

I don't have the attention span to wade through all that!! Besides it uses big words. Why don't you just explain it to me like I'm three. That would help, like, a lot.

am i supposed to be paying attention to you, spanner?

go back to x-factor where i am sure you can gladly spend an hour
of your life studying their hypnotic brilliance!

and through it all assange will continue to be a fake (along with his partner in crime
bradley manning).

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If Assange ever leaves the Ecuadorian embassy in London, he will be arrested immediately and sent to the USA.

Why? There are British cable leaks that he distributed as well, they want him for "crimes" against the UK.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xatnys

The US is still a Republic, not a democracy. A capitalist constitutional republic. I remember pledging allegiance to the United states and the republic for which they stand, how about you?

fun facts
edit on 6/24/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsyTurvyOne

I'm sorry dude but I dont agree with you on that one. Why would you say that about Assange? Yes I dont agree with everything he has done, but he has done SO much good work to bring the truth out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join