It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragic Deaths of Allan Simonsen and Jane Wicker: Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Two tragedies happened today, both of which were durring a spectical observed by many people.

Jane Wicker
Facebook

Jane Wicker 's Plane Crashes At Dayton Air Show 2013

ST LOUIS (LALATE) – Jane Wicker is dead from the Dayton Air Show plane crash reported earlier on LALATE. Wing walker Jane Wicker and her pilot died today June 22, 2013 during the early hours of the Vectren Dayton Air Show. The pilot’s name has not yet been released to news.

The Vectren Dayton Air Show had draw nearly 70,000 spectators for the Saturday festivities. The event was only in its early part of the Saturday schedule when tragedy stuck the wing walker.

Allan Simonsen
Website

Danish driver Allan Simonsen has died as a result of injuries sustained in a crash in today's Le Mans 24 Hours, race organisers Automobile Club de l'Ouest have confirmed.

Death at Le Mans

edit on 22-6-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Wow... that's tragic

At least it was likely instant... no pain

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thoughts are with the families, sadly I do not know who either of them are.

2nd

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Probably suicidal to have crashed. Maybe there was cutting involved.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was at the show watching when their plane crashed. She was on the wing that went into the ground first and it was clear that nobody could have survived. I really hope I never see that again.

Prayers are with their families. I can't imagine how they feel.
edit on 6/22/2013 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Prayers are sent to all the familys of these horrifically viewed events .
Peace
FreeFalling

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I used to go to the Dayton Airshow every year, but I've skipped the past few years because the airshow has gotten smaller and smaller due to budget cuts, lack of military demonstrations, etc., and that it's a 4-hour drive from me.

Many great airshow regulars have died in the past few years, and this is yet another one that has passed.

It appears something mechanical failed on the plane when it was inverted, causing it to dive into the ground. Very sad.

edit on 22-6-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
I was at the show watching when their plane crashed. She was on the wing that went into the ground first and it was clear that nobody could have survived. I really hope I never see that again.

Prayers are with their families. I can't imagine how they feel.
edit on 6/22/2013 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

Just seeing it on the video... It's disturbing. I can only imagine what was going through her mind when she realised that it's was over. When the plane took that sharp dive, you can see her whole body reacting to the fall, even her right arm flew up in the air. It happened so fast she probably didn't even have a chance to think about what was happening. I hope the latter is true in a way. Probably best that she didn't realise, see or feel a thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

The facebook link you provide for Jane Wicker is actually for a Jane Wickers who is not the wingwalker. Here is the link you want:
www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Thanks for the update. Too late to edit.

Hmm Strange though. I pulled that link from that site directly from Facebook. Leave it to facebook to give me an incorrect link. I even had that same page open in a window to pull from.

edit on 22-6-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here is an interview with Jane the day before the air show. She seemed like a very nice person who loved what she was doing. RIP

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Jane's ex husband was the pilot... She was definitely a risk taker/thrill seeker, not only was she an UN-tethered wing-walker but her ex husband was the pilot.

I saw a wing-walker performance once. There's NO WAY I'd ever have the cahonas to attempt that. Gravity kills.

Condolences to the families of Jane, her ex husband, and Allan.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join