It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese container ship carrying weapons for Syrian rebels splits in half/sinks. WW3 gone internatio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
12160.info...

Quote: Even the scale of the consequences is hard, impossible, to estimate, not to mention consequences themselves. This is the 1st case in liner sector, when modern ocean-going liner container vessel (built in Japan!) sank in the ocean after breaking in 2 parts, like a poorly built and managed bulk carrier or over aged coaster. Nothing like this ever occurred, and no one believed it was possible, even theoretically. It just could not happen, but still, here it is.'

Update
these are fresh reports coming in from Syrian News:'A large fleet named "Mol Comfort" carrying Arms for FSA from the U.S. has crashed in the Indian Oceanas it made its way from Singapore to Jeddah, on board were 4,500 containers loaded with arms for the Syrian rebels'thats all the info so far for now... they are waiting for more info.

edit on 22-6-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: update added

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pinkbirdatabase

The elites will usually refer to God when something they want to push may be scuppered (no pun) by the people...bet they won't be uttering the word's 'act of God' this time around though.

But what if it is?

Maybe a sign from the big guy that Syria is to be left alone.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Do you have the ships manifest on what it was carrying?

If not I'm going to call Hoax.

Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. announced in the official statement that the company has contracted a salvage company to recover the two MOL Comfort’s hull parts, after the containerships’ hull was split into two on June 17 during heavy weather while the vessel was en route to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

UPDATE 3: Salvage Operation Planned for MOL Comfort

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a japenes ship?

how sure are they that its the japenese

weird

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The ship was built five years ago and can carry about 7,000 standard 20-foot containers. It was carrying a crew of 26, comprising one Ukrainian, 11 Russians and 14 Filipinos, the company said. All were rescued.

Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, a ship classifier, conducted a special survey on the ship last month, according to its website. The vessel is insured by Japan Ship Owners’ Mutual Protection and Indemnity Association, according to its website.

Prior to Singapore, the ship went to Vietnam, according to ship-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. Before that it sailed to China and Japan.

Mitsui O.S.K. Starts Probe of Ship Split in Two in Indian Ocean

Show me some PROOF of weapons people.......................

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

The elites will usually refer to God when something they want to push may be scuppered (no pun) by the people...bet they won't be uttering the word's 'act of God' this time around though.

But what if it is?

Maybe a sign from the big guy that Syria is to be left alone.

Hallelujah!!! Hope the crew got out quick..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The ship was built five years ago and can carry about 7,000 standard 20-foot containers. It was carrying a crew of 26, comprising one Ukrainian, 11 Russians and 14 Filipinos, the company said. All were rescued.

Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, a ship classifier, conducted a special survey on the ship last month, according to its website. The vessel is insured by Japan Ship Owners’ Mutual Protection and Indemnity Association, according to its website.

Prior to Singapore, the ship went to Vietnam, according to ship-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. Before that it sailed to China and Japan.

Mitsui O.S.K. Starts Probe of Ship Split in Two in Indian Ocean

OOOOOOH, this thing wasn't even carrying weapons to Syria??? Proof, don't take anyones word for ANYTHING on ATS..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looking at the pictures, you have to wonder how the ship even made it out of port. I don't think it is a good policy to arm the porpoises, there were some trained Russian porpoises that went awol not long ago

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If true , this will change everything - I mean everything
We`ll soon have WWIII

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest

If true , this will change everything - I mean everything
We`ll soon have WWIII

How, what the hell are you talking about??

I guess the rebels can wait a month for those weapons being shipped from ocean to ocean..

Would it not make more sense to cargo fly the weapons into jordan or something??

edit on 22-6-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i wonder if Russia has just flexed its satellite muscles and told the West to back-off.

This is awesome stuff. The Al-CIA-Qaeda are screwed now.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I didn't see this thread so I will comment here now...

I found some conflicting stories about a cargo ship supposedly filled with weapons for Syrian rebels. One article says the ship was departing the middle east and heading for Singapore causing an oils spill. Another story states that the ship departed Singapore and was heading to the middle east.

A Singapore-bound merchant vessel from Jeddah split into two around 840 nautical miles off the coast here today causing oil spill even as all the crew members were rescued, Coast Guard officials said.

source

Here is the picture from that article:

Here is the second story:

‘A large fleet container ship named the “Mol Comfort” was carrying weapons from the U.S. to the FSA Rebels in Syria when it suddenly split in half in the Indian Ocean and sank, as it was making its way from Singapore to Jeddah. On board were 4,500 containers loaded with U.S. arms for the Syrian rebels.

source

Here is a picture from the second article:

So, I wonder what the truth is?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volund

So, I wonder what the truth is?

Truth is the first casualty of war!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If there are weapons on board we won't see any proof. We haven't seen any ship loads of weapons, but we know they are there.

I would like to point out that so far the only look at the wreck is pics... no video. That in itself is interesting. Shipwrecks, especially ship wrecks like this are a big deal... wheres the video of it in distress?

ETA:

Container ship MOL Comfort, IMO 9358761, dwt 90613, capacity 8100 TEU, built 2008, flag Bahamas, manager MOL SHIP MANAGEMENT SINGAPORE PTE LTD.

Ship Spotter

edit on 22-6-2013 by intrptr because: more info

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I can't find actual live footage but here are some videos.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

Thanks, I saw those. Videos of Pictures. It "sank" on the 17th. Thats five days ago.

Still looking...

ETA: Just more pics. Heavy seas is right. Look at those rollers...

edit on 22-6-2013 by intrptr because: pic

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

If there are weapons on board we won't see any proof. We haven't seen any ship loads of weapons, but we know they are there.

I would like to point out that so far the only look at the wreck is pics... no video. That in itself is interesting. Shipwrecks, especially ship wrecks like this are a big deal... wheres the video of it in distress?

I gave links and a video.

Second, they are trying to salvage the thing. I still have yet to see PROOF that they were arming Rebels.

NO ONE Has offered up any.

Funny. The ship was in Nam, and in China. Guess we can assume they are being armed by the Chinese with that information, hey?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I gave links and a video.

Second, they are trying to salvage the thing. I still have yet to see PROOF that they were arming Rebels.

NO ONE Has offered up any.

Funny. The ship was in Nam, and in China. Guess we can assume they are being armed by the Chinese with that information, hey?

Oh is that what "they say"? Theres no list of "any cargo". Its interesting that bit of info is a void. I have been looking... so far all the available "videos" are with pics only.

Heres a link with a bunch of articles, no mention of cargo.. Of course, I bet some people still believe that the Muslim "film" was to blame for BenGhazi.

www.seanews.com.tr...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Heres a link with a bunch of articles, no mention of cargo.. Of course, I bet some people still believe that the Muslim "film" was to blame for BenGhazi.

www.seanews.com.tr...

Star Intptr......

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Likewise. I don't have any evidence of arms to Syria aboard that vessel. They plan on rendezvousing with the wreck on the 23rd. Maybe we won't get any new info then either?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join