It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Scientist Discovers Treatment to Save Bee Colonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It has been discovered that the ever shrinking bee population is not due to global warming or pesticide use as previously believed, but is now blamed on a virus called IAPV.
This virus has caused colony collapse disorder resulting in $35 billion worth of damages in U.S.

Now, if they can come up with something to kill off the killer bees that are killing the honey bees, we might just win this war!

Colony Collapse Disorder spreading within the bee population has caused $35 billion worth of damages in the US alone. Many crops rely on bees and farmers around the world have been quite worried about the adverse effect on certain crops due to the drastic reduction in the bee population. Until it was known that Colony Collapse Disorder was the culprit, many believed the bee population was being reduced due either to global warming or pesticide use.

Thank goodness Prof. Ilan Sela discovered what was really going on before the bees were totally wiped out:

Hebrew University Prof. Ilan Sela has won this year’s Kaye Award for Innovation for discovering the IAPV virus, which is linked to Colony Collapse Disorder, and for finding a solution to the problem. The Kaye Award for Innovation has been given annually since 1994 as a means to encourage faculty and staff at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem to develop innovative ideas with good commercial potential that benefit society at large.

Farmers now have help in treating sick bees:

Sela discovered a method for controlling IAPV by silencing the expression of the viral genes via a new drug which succeeded to treat bees in 70 percent of the hives which it was tested in. Last year, Beeologics was considered such a great success that it was bought by Monsanto for $120 million and the product ‘Remebee’ is now on the market to assist farmers.

Read more here: unitedwithisrael.org...
By Rachel Avraham, staff writer for United with Israel

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Farmers now have help in treating sick bees:

Sela discovered a method for controlling IAPV by silencing the expression of the viral genes via a new drug which succeeded to treat bees in 70 percent of the hives which it was tested in. Last year, Beeologics was considered such a great success that it was bought by Monsanto for $120 million and the product ‘Remebee’ is now on the market to assist farmers.

Read more here: unitedwithisrael.org...
By Rachel Avraham, staff writer for United with Israel

WTF?!?!?! Did you seriously miss the last part of your post???

Last year, Beeologics was considered such a great success that it was bought by Monsanto for $120 million and the product ‘Remebee’ is now on the market to assist farmers.

MONSANTO bought the only cure for the single biggest threat to mankind???????

Wow... what a travesty this is, and here I thought I was getting good news.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

What do you have against Monsanto?
www.monsanto.com...

edit on 6/22/2013 by sled735 because: remove video.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Whoa what?! Are you defending Monsanto??

Evil eugenics corporation! They sell Death.

Monsanto bought Xi, or Blackwater whatever one of the new splinter groups is calling themselves. Monsanto kill Millions!

naturalsociety.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-6-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

What?! OMG!!! No, I didn't know about them. All I knew was from their website... which, of course, sounds good.

Oh dear...
So, this really ISN'T good news then.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Monsanto bought Xi, or Blackwater whatever one of the new splinter groups is calling themselves.

No.
Monsanto contracted with Total Intelligence Solutions for three years to investigate threats against the company and its employees.

TIS is a private investigation and security company which has since been renamed.
www.ooda.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hm.. I need to understand the gene suppression technology better and to see more technical data.

One thing when it comes to science manipulating genes, unintended consequences seem to happen - like nature evolving to be resistant to that manipulation - and the company has to evolve in a competition with Mother Earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Monsanto have a long history with "Private Security" Firms. I think they bought the Black water splinter group "Academi" which may have changed its name again. I don't think its the same group your talking about, Which Monsanto also deal with.

At any rate Monsanto is still the harbinger of death. GMO poison pushing corporation. "Round Up Ready Seeds" financial practices that have lead to tens if not hundreds of thousands of Indian farmers to commit suicide. Infusing virus RNA into their products.

Regulators jumping from Monsanto board to the EPA....

I know Death when I see it!
edit on 24-6-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join