It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hastings Death And The Snowden Leaks - Is There A Connection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

I can't believe your thread isn't getting more attention. This should be front page. Something is fishy as hell.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So he crashed and his car exploded like in the movies???

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Yeah, I have been wondering about this thread not getting more attention. I think it's a mix of factors really:

- Hastings to most people seems to be the guy that brought the general down, so that is where they look for his enemies first

- With Snowden people get distracted by his personality, with Hastings there is an obsession with technical details of the accident

- I am European so already out of sync with the majority of ATS members who become most active when I go to bed

- I am new on ATS and don't have a reputation

- Also to me the timeline is a good way to concentrate Snowden/Hastings events into a format that makes a possible connection obvious. Others may need to have things spelled out for them in more detail to get interested, perhaps?

For those who haven't seen it yet here is an interesting piece Channel 6 did some days ago:

edit on 13-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

The details of the accident are indeed already suspicous by themselves but please let us try to concentrate on gathering and discussing evidence for a Snowden/NSA/Hastings connection in this thread.

And back on topic:

RT picked up on the Channel 6 report and did a 15 min segment:

Published on Jul 12, 2013 Abby Martin takes a closer look at the death of award winning journalist Michael Hastings, featuring interviews with Michael's close friend, Joe Biggs, who suspects his death was not an accident, and Kimberly Dvorak, an investigative journalist who has been conducting an investigation into the anomalies despite stonewalling from the LAPD.

This is starting to build some momentum - I think we are going to see some fresh Hastings conspiracy denials from the mainstream media soon!

Three screenshots from the video that tell the short version of the story:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ooooh, look at this something is brewing folks:

Did you get that? Two important things from SSG Joe Biggs Twitter stream:

Channel 6 Reporter Kimberly Dvorak had a long talk with Michael Hastings's close friend, Joe Biggs, who suspects his death was not an accident. Both (Dvorak/Biggs) were just featured in a 15 min video feature on RT (Jul 12) "URGENT: Investigate Michael Hastings' Death" So look out maybe for a new Channel 6 feature...

And the second one:

So, the car Hastings was driving? The company that owned half the shares in the company that made the remote navigation system? LightSquared

LightSquared's director is William F. Stasior, who from 1991 to 1999 served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Booz Allen.

This is HUGE ! Snowden last worked for Booz Allen. This (if verified) may very well be the missing piece of the puzzle for linking the Hastings-NSA-Snowden stories!!! I have to do some work in the next hours. Somebody have time to dig deeper meanwhile?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In the RT interview with Kimberly Dvorak @ 9:01 min highlighting the statement by Richard Clark that Hasting's "accident" was consistent with Intel capabilities of tampering sent shivers up my spine.
The connection with Snowden as you made in this last post confirms what I have thought all along.
Thank you for your efforts, thus far
If I wasn't feeling so ill I'd gladly dig in for more info...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

David Wilcock yesterday posted a new blog entry that deals in length with Hastings disappearance. I haven't read it yet but gave it a very quick scan. Since you are feeling ill this part may be of interest to you:

HOW DOES ALL OF THIS MAKE YOU FEEL? If you feel suddenly tired, weak, disgusted, angry and fearful as you read this...

Financial Tyranny Collapsing at Free-Fall Speed

And here it is: NEW 3 min video from San Diego 6:

Kimberly Dvorak discusses her investigation into the death of journalist Michael Hastings.

Some snippets:

- spoke with some very close friends of the family

- did not confirm this with Michael Hastings' wife but close family friend said Michael's body was cremated and sent home in urn against family wishes, if there was any evidence in his body that evidence is gone

- according to family members Hastings did not have a drink in five years

- was possibly working on a CIA/NSA story, did not give details to family in order to protect them, spoke with an attorney who now has all of the information on the story

- wife hired a private investigator to look into the matter (cremated body? accident?)

- getting new leads every day

- was threatened this week

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Update Timeline - adding some pics, adding better links

Update Channel 6 (scroll down to end of timeline)

A CONDENSED Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events (scroll down for v. 3.3 with pics & links)

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you...'

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

A Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events v. 3.3

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you'..."

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

Bonus:

Another update from Channel 6

They changed the headline and added text (before it was vid only)

Michael Hastings’ Ashes Sent Home for Burial
(Updated: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:17:15 PST)

I am quoting only the part that I feel adds to my former summary of the video - If you have the time read the whole thing!

“Family members did not want Michael’s body cremated.”

This revelation provides another wrinkle in the Los Angeles Police Department’s (LAPD) handling of a case they labeled “no foul play” only hours after the writer’s death.

Nevertheless LA County assistant corner, Ed Winter, said it took two days to identify the burned-beyond recognition body of Hastings. Officials also confirmed that an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is still pending. Unfortunately the family will have to wait for cause of death answers as LAPD media spokesperson Lieutenant Andrew Neiman indicateedd, “It will take several weeks to get the toxicology results.”

Despite the LAPD's categorization of the Hasting fatal accident as a "no (evidence of) foul play,” LAPD continues to ignore FOIA (CPRA in Calif.) requests made by San Diego 6 News for the police report, 9/11 call, autopsy, bomb squad and toxicology reports, or make the Mercedes available for inspection which only fuels conjecture.

edit on 16-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

According to SSgt. Biggs, “Michael Hastings’ body was returned to Vermont in an urn.” He further alleged, “Family members did not want Michael’s body cremated.”

It now would seem that Biggs feels misquoted:

and a longer exchange from SSG Joe Biggs twitter status

He also seems to have deleted his retweet of Asher Woolf re Lightsquared - at least I can't find it anymore now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join