It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Wrong To Believe In Conspiracy on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
- Start a 'conspiracy' thread.

- Face ridicule from a group of 'balancers'.

Agreed 100%...

There is more focus on slander, character assassination, hatred, and ridicule than there is on the real facts and issues.

I see this as the single biggest issue on ATS and constantly find myself wondering WHY do the mods and owners even tolerate this type of behavior.

It makes ZERO sense to me.

it's because they're (mods & site owners) intimately and actively involved in censorship and thought-control. that's why it continues to worsen.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I agree and with that have endured the ad hominem attacks-while the mods do a good job there are ways and times members get around the rules- and more so have been in witness that come with the territory. With that has caused quite a few to be overly defensive. Unfortunate,as manners and decorum are a main positive that which sets the forum apart from some of the other ones.
edit on 22-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
This site used to be more welcoming to conspiracy discussions, but it has changed greatly. Now you post something about UFO's and about a dozen people descend upon it to try and ridicule you. UFOs is one of my most favorite topics to discuss, but I don't even bother around here. There are other message forums where you can have an open discussion about conspiracies without harassment. I have even had someone PM me and call me cuss words over a sandy hook post. I don't post here on ATS as much as I used to, I usually go to other forums to discuss my interests.

My thoughts exactly. A conspiracy of epic proportions. Quite possibly the biggest truth never told. But mutter the words alien visitation and get bombarded with "not one shred of physical evidence". Its like hearing "weapons of mass destruction" or "the axis of evil" or "your with us or your with the terrorists" . Maybe Lear's right, CIA temperature site.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Maybe Lear's right, CIA temperature site.

Would you mind showing me where Lear said that.

Not calling you a liar....But he said lots of things.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SpearMint
Or perhaps the conspiracy theories have reached such a high level of ridiculousness that they call for the ridicule.

Some of the theories posted on here ... especially about the school shooting in Connecticut and the Boston bombing ... were so outrageous and so pathetic that it was an embarrassment to be associated with an internet site that had them up for discussion. Some were silly, others bordered on the dangerous, and still others made me wonder if the poster had a mind that wasn't fully functioning.

That would be your opinion, not the rule and there were many ideas and evidence being put forward that made a lot of sense and were evident, certainly enough for discussion and that should never be suppressed!

(like the sandy hook video of people running around outside of the school seemingly arresting someone even though all reports show that that could never have occurred, could not even be discussed anymore. So very wrong to suppress that sort of information)

If a conspiracy theory can't hold up under scrutiny, then it is weak and deserves a thrashing.

No conspiracy theory deserves to be trashed by anyone. That is a sick comment coming from a sick mind (it sounds like wishful thinking actually)

Why? because if a conspiracy theory is really that weak it will fall in the background all by itself and discussed by few. And they should be free to do so.
And so other peoples views therefor do not need to be "trashed" just because YOU do not like it.

If a conspiracy theory can hold up while placed under the microscope, then it's a great theory.

Get ready to remove every single one of them of of this site then.

When a theory is put to the test, it either weeds out the clunkers or makes the good ones shine.

Yes but you are already of the opinion that conspiracy theories that are in your personal view "bad" to be as you said , "trashed". So they will not even get the chance to get to that stage with your mindset.

edit on 22-6-2013 by Shadowphile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by watchitburn

the same group of folks turn up and discredit and undermine the OP to the extent the conspiracy minded folks decide not to take part.

This does indeed happen on ATS and it happens constantly, people should keep that in the back of their heads,observe and you will see specific groups of usernames on a small range of topics.

Unique usernames =/= unique users

ATS should be a place to discuss theories (it is a conspiracy THEORY site afterall) where we try and connect the dots, but we are seemingly prevented from doing so unless there is 100% proof.

That is indeed what seems to be demanded by "certain" users here of people offering ideas in and about CT's.
It just would not leave much theory after that so that is a bit of a problem then.

That would leave conspiracies that you can irrefutably proof or already have been which is practically impossible on a medium like this. Which is also why it is used as a weapon against CT's so very effectively , think about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It is the (Obama can do nothing wrong) gang that is the issue. The first White President who happens to have a black father.
Since he is in charge. Mr.Obama can do nothing, there fore it is impossible for any conspiracies to be happening. He stopped that before he even sat down in the Oval Office.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by sparrowstail

Maybe Lear's right, CIA temperature site.

Would you mind showing me where Lear said that.

Not calling you a liar....But he said lots of things.

Yeah sure no prob.
I believe it was when Project Camelot interviewed him in his lair or one of the other vids of him in his den or a radio interview. Its on Youtube. Basically the gist was ATS is set up or at least monitored by CIA to test the waters and take the temp of what the fringe of society is believing, or how close they are getting to certain truths. I guess like an early warning system. He talked about his experience after putting up certain info. that was later removed and ended with his being banned. I don't know all the additional details. But it is on youtube under John Lear. I'm sure others here know what he said better than I. I did see it again a few weeks ago when just browsing Lear on Youtube. Sorry I can't be more specific.
edit on 22-6-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Found it. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That's what we have reached here on ATS. It goes like this-

- Start a 'conspiracy' thread.

- Face ridicule from a group of 'balancers'.

Over the past 6 months, I've also noticed that when these groups go to work, it puts other posters off from posting. A little support would be nice every now and then, especially when you think this is a 'Conspiracy' site! But no, one stands alone whilst facing up to 3 posters whose mission is to undermine and discredit the OP.

This is nothing to do with people disagreeing with me, this it to do with the ever increasing number of posters whose job it is to undermine absolutely anything conspiracy related.

They make posting at ATS a real chore. Not because they are right, but because they are relentless. I'm sick of how they never quote a post in full, they always cut the post into parts in order to take what you said out of context. EVERY damn time!!

It would be alright if fellow ATS members would offer support and help tackle them in threads, but most just choose to ignore them and let the OP fight it out alone.

In fact, the only time you ever get a break on this site is when you post some current event news!! That's what ATS has become, a news site.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

But this is how the illuminati work,
you will find scum will always side with scum they get people with lower intelligence to work for them even though the people that help them are ultimately helping in their own demise,this is why they can only get people of low iq to help them

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Believing something and preaching it as truth are entirely different things. I don't care what your or other people's beliefs are. I do care, however, when said beliefs that are completely reliant on faith alone with no way to verify them are preached as "THE ONE AND ONLY TRUTH!"

Oh, you've been chosen by the Glorp Glorps from the Galactic Federation of Space Clowns to deliver their message of impending doom and spiritual ascension to all of mankind via various internet forums and all we have to go off of is your word that what you say is true? Why, you're the fifth one this week!

But really, present something believable with proper documentation and citing, and you'll notice many members will appreciate your work. There are some great threads on here that set ATS apart from most other conspiracy forums, and then there are the face-palm inducing heaps of unoriginal garbage that make newcomers avoid this place like the plague.
edit on 22-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yeah but most of the conspiracy ideas are just nonsense, I also think people want inspiration along with the truth that can be positively established.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
oh stop complaining. if it weren't for the controversy your thread wouldn't get read at all...

...and then you'd be ranting about no one reading your threads.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They might be bullies or agents, but I appreciate the skeptics. They make me double-check my work. Most of what I hear about on other sites I don't post because it doesn't have the weight to stand up to criticism.

Having said that, these are conspiracy theories-which means the proof isn't there. Otherwise we would call them conspiracy facts. So no, we're not going to be able to prove everything we say, only offer speculation on what seems to be contradictions or impossibilities in the official story. When these are evident and there is a motive for a conspiracy or cover-up to have taken place, you bet we're going to be there, turning over every stone.

What's frustrating is when a subject gets closed because of too many crazy theories and personal attacks. Ironically, that's how you know there's a cover-up going on there, because the disinfo agents are working overtime. They come and muddy the waters, and no one wants to talk about said subjects anymore because of fear of looking crazy or hateful.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is the purpose of the Rant Forum:

Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself.

If a thread goes awry or a member breaks the rules:
Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

After staff discussion, thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join